Thread: Perfect Dark HD

Professional Klutz. Perfect Dark HD Hyzenthlay's Avatar

Perfect Dark HD

Promising to have all the greatness of the original, with graphics more befitting todays gaming, plus online death-matches and the same character customization of the original. This game seems set to be a top seller. All for 800msp too, that can't be bad. The producers have even gone as far to say it will be in the top 5% on the 360. We'll see.

Personally I'm welcoming the return of Elvis, laptop guns and arguably the best multi-player experience of its time. Especially since it's 360 sibling sucked so badly it hurt. I've even forgotten the story enough to truly be in awe about it all again.

Bring on Elvis.
    Bring on Carrington.
    Bring on Mr. Blonde.
    Bring on insane weapons with the ability to fire through walls.
    I can't wait.

Is anybody else looking forward to this? What did you think of the original? Going to say it was crap and inferior to Goldeneye? Go ahead...
    Last edited by Hyzenthlay; 03-05-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Re: Perfect Dark HD

I would say second best to Goldeneye.
    Both were two of the very few non RPG/platformer/arcade I played back in the day along with some Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 at LANs and first party N64 titles at mate's places.

Greatly looking forwards to grabbing this and if a remake of Goldeneye becomes a reality, I'll be grabbing that on whichever console it comes out on too.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries

It's going to be awesome. 8 man multiplayer online will be epic. I'll probably kill time with this game while I'm waiting for halo: reach to come out tbh.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I'll take you down, Rocky! I have maaaaaad Perfect Dark skills!

I agree in some ways, Silver. Goldeneye more kicked ass when you were on 4 player with friends. I think Perfect Dark had a better plot, though.

Was PD the first game to have sims? I just remember them being genius. Then, of course, Timesplitters came along and wiped the floor with it. Still, having bots at that time was cool. You could go around battling for hours with only 1 friend, or even by yourself. Plus you could direct your allies to do things. I remember setting up a perimiter in a tunnel. Fond memories.

They should bring out Timesplitters on 360 Arcade.

Hyz.
    Cogito, ergo sum.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzenthlay View Post
    I'll take you down, Rocky! I have maaaaaad Perfect Dark skills!
    bring it gurl! I got to the 2nd highest rank on the perfect dark combat simulator mode, and beat all the super hard challenges legit! And yeah, Goldeneye has that flavor that you gotta respect, but I find very few things that PD lacked in comparison to Goldeneye, gameplay-wise.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

TFFF Ghost Perfect Dark HD Howling Wind's Avatar

I would get it if my Xbox 360 wasn't a dead soldier. Because everyone knows the N64 one lags very very bad. I liked Zero. It was one of the reasons I wanted a 360.

The Old Skool Warrior Perfect Dark HD LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Whoa, I hadn't even heard that Loco. Thanks. That's awesome. The temple from Goldeneye was always one of my favorites, too. It had those catacombs of narrow tunnels around it. Always made for interesting firefights.

I'm wondering how the Farsight from the original PD will fit in to XBL, though. With that weapon the game's going to be absolute carnage. I suppose if it isn't a weapon that only spawns every 10 minutes of something it'll work. Otherwise it's just going to be one of those guns that people run to get, and once they have it they are the kings until somebody finally gets a lucky shot.

I wonder if they are somehow going to incorporate the map-creator. That would be cool (not unique on the 360, though). The counter-op missions had best be there as well.

Rocky, honey... I'm a Perfect 1 agent on my 64. When this is released, let the pwning commence! I'm gonna show you the meaning of the word

Hyz.
    Last edited by Hyzenthlay; 03-07-2010 at 08:21 AM.
    Cogito, ergo sum.