Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: People who play competitive games online

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) People who play competitive games online che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

People who play competitive games online

but can't interact with people, take jokes, ignore ignorant people or otherwise function in a society as a mature person are pretty much bullshit.

If you're not having fun with the game, why do you play it? You don't get paid to torture yourself by smashing your face into a game over and over. If you can't take the "shit talking" coming through your headset, mute everyone. If you can't shoot a guy who sits in the same spot every single match without fail, why do you play? Just log out.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Re: People who play competitive games online

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    but can't interact with people, take jokes, ignore ignorant people or otherwise function in a society as a mature person are pretty much bullshit.

If you're not having fun with the game, why do you play it? You don't get paid to torture yourself by smashing your face into a game over and over. If you can't take the "shit talking" coming through your headset, mute everyone. If you can't shoot a guy who sits in the same spot every single match without fail, why do you play? Just log out.
    I love the games, I won't quit playing any of them, I just wish other people would have a little more respect for their fellow gamers...

I don't know about you, but I don't blatantly insult people and their moms and hide behind a computer screen.

So what you block both of my threads, if they stay locked then lock this one and be fair about it...

I honestly think my gamer lite thread was better and had a lot more content from the OP, this one feels like a poor answer to mine...
    Last edited by FF9isthebest; 08-02-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Blog Entries

What kind of person am I online? I'll admit that I can be a **** sometimes. It more or less depends though. If it happens to be a social slayer game on halo or just a random game with real life friends on league, I won't really care overall. If anything I'll just be disappointed with myself if I happen to lose because of it, because it just means that I couldn't carry hard enough to get them a win. And everyone loves to win, right? What's not enjoyable about winning in a videogame?

If its a more serious game, then yeah I'll take it a bit more seriously and I'll be frustrated if my teammates can't keep up with me, and likewise I'll be frustrated if I can't keep up with them. Of course that no matter what I can do, I'm bound to lose in games. Thats the beauty of a matchmaking system in online games, the better you do, the more likely you are to play against people that are better then normal as well, and so on and so forth until you plateau out at about a 50% win rate, where your "trueskill" lies.

From what I learned about games, there is about 40% of games that you can't win no matter what, but it's up to you to win the other 60% that you CAN win no matter what, in order to get up the rankings. real talk.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I'm a pretty mature competitive guy. I tend to just not give a **** because it's a video game.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I think you guys failed to realize what I was talking about.
    I was talking about generally annoying or negative players, I'm talking about hackers, spammers, bots, hacks etc etc... And scams... You think all I talk about are insults???

I've been scammed in D2 and other online rpgs more than a few times, and my accounts been hacked in MW2 and boosted me to the limit even tho I wanted to play legit, its these people who ruin gaming... They are lites... They consider themselves lites and I guarantee you the majority of those people talking crap are the ones running spam boards and bots.

Hewerya love...? People who play competitive games online seanb's Avatar

This link should just about cover it.

#LOCKE4GOD People who play competitive games online Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dunno, man. I pay $150 for a game that is too hard for me. Sure, I could spend time playing it to MAYBE get better at it. But I don't have that time. I'd honestly prefer a longer wait in order to play better matched opponents. The lack of such a feature is to the game's detriment, and certainly precludes some of the fun I get from it.

Offline games often have easy/medium/hard settings, so that people of various skill levels can still enjoy the game.

It's like sports. It's fun to be that team that can crush the other team by 100 points, or 8 wickets or whatever. But it's not fun to be the receiving end. Which is why sports often work in leagues. People still win and lose, but it acknowledges that games are more fun and worthwhile when both teams actually have a realistic chance of winning.

With regards to all this other bullshit about "lites", may I suggest that everyone just shut up?

EDIT: This works in reverse too. Surely if you're awesome at a game, you'd want to be playing people who are also awesome?

Soup Kitchen Jerk. People who play competitive games online Polk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FF9isthebest View Post
    I think you guys failed to realize what I was talking about.
    I was talking about generally annoying or negative players, I'm talking about hackers, spammers, bots, hacks etc etc... And scams... You think all I talk about are insults???

I've been scammed in D2 and other online rpgs more than a few times, and my accounts been hacked in MW2 and boosted me to the limit even tho I wanted to play legit, its these people who ruin gaming... They are lites... They consider themselves lites and I guarantee you the majority of those people talking crap are the ones running spam boards and bots.
    You are my new favorite poster

On topic: Alpha is a smart man and everyone should take notes on things he says. Except the gamer lite thing, because I love forum drama. It's like meth to me.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Hewerya love...? People who play competitive games online seanb's Avatar

Its like everythings a sitcom to gamers, I didn't find any of that funny in the least bit its amazing its got 7 million views....
    1) I'm not a gamer.

2) Lighten up.

Passing fair judgement People who play competitive games online Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Yeah, I don't let them bother me, I take it as a challenge....and I accept. I will usually target them and that's my fun for online games. Just look at it as a challenge and some new fun, no biggie.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Peace Through Power People who play competitive games online Kinzerelli's Avatar

I reckon that the only time you can legitimately complain about having a bad game online, for example, I was watching a friend on Halo Reach last night, and one of the other people on his team kept betray killing him.

He complained to the person by telling him what he thought of his playing.....(you can guess what he put), but the person just laughed at him.

@ FF9isthe best, please use the edit button and merge those posts. I'm not doing it because you've already been warned for it and I'm not VMing you because here I know you'll see it. If you don't, I'm warning you for that as well as all the other crap I haven't been able to sift through yet (haven't forgotten, just busy)

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Boxer of the Galaxy People who play competitive games online Rowan's Avatar

@ff9isthebest, you ever play warcraft? you should play DOTA. Really friendly game where you will never be put down and its incredibly easy to learn. Theres so many friendly people who play that game, I highly reccomend if you're having trouble finding a game where people wont critisize you for being new, or making some 'wrong' decisions. I highly reccomend Warcrafts DOTA. You will be amoungst the most friendliest of friendly people on the internet and they will always be willing to give you advice on how to better your game.

*trollface.jpg*

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seriously? I've made more reports in the last few minutes than I've done in my time here, all the same people, all in the same topic of conversation. Quit your trolling, and answer the goddamn OP, even though we all know it was based off the other thread he helped get closed in the first place. Sheesh.

Some competitive gamers need a life. If you're that competitive and serious about a game, and will act like a complete asshole in an online game, then you obviously don't have one.

Same can be said for some forum goers, actually. >>;

I don't have a problem with people being serious with their games at all - whatever floats your boat. But don't drag down the enjoyment other people gain from playing the game. I don't even care if I win or loose a game, I care about the experience.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    @ff9isthebest, you ever play warcraft? you should play DOTA. Really friendly game where you will never be put down and its incredibly easy to learn. Theres so many friendly people who play that game, I highly reccomend if you're having trouble finding a game where people wont critisize you for being new, or making some 'wrong' decisions. I highly reccomend Warcrafts DOTA. You will be amoungst the most friendliest of friendly people on the internet and they will always be willing to give you advice on how to better your game.

*trollface.jpg*
    Whats Warcraft DOTA and is it free to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    @ FF9isthe best, please use the edit button and merge those posts. I'm not doing it because you've already been warned for it and I'm not VMing you because here I know you'll see it. If you don't, I'm warning you for that as well as all the other crap I haven't been able to sift through yet (haven't forgotten, just busy)
    I'm sorry if I insulted anyone, and I try to edit my posts to cut out spam. But I didn't feel I was trolling with that thread in fact I thought it was a pretty good thought provoking thread...
    Last edited by FF9isthebest; 08-02-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Whats Warcraft DOTA and is it free to play?
    I was kidding, you want to stay as far away from that game as possible. Almost any online game exerience will be ruined by people wanting to win. I was playing resident evil 5 online and I was shocked to hear the amount of faggotry being portrayed over headsets. I had hateful messages sent to my inbox as well. You know what I did? I just reported each message individually to PSN and I hope they got banned for the shit they said to me. Its not that I was a bad player, it was just they were far more experienced than I was. I had beaten many people, but these guys were better than me. completly arrogant 17 year olds who dont have jobs. In fact, you should probably keep that in mind when playing because odds are that you are in a much better position in life than those 100 kill streakers (or at least thats what I keep telling myself)

Blog Entries

Stop. Doubleposting. Please. Kthxbye.

Status on the double posting rule:

not told [ ]
    Told [ ]
    ****ing told [ ]
    Knights of the TOLD republic [X]

It happens again and I'll bust out the mspaint flowchart, and when Rocky has to make an mspaint picture, shit gets real.

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Stop. Doubleposting. Please. Kthxbye.

Status on the double posting rule:

not told [ ]
    Told [ ]
    ****ing told [ ]
    Knights of the TOLD republic [X]

It happens again and I'll bust out the mspaint flowchart, and when Rocky has to make an mspaint picture, shit gets real.
    I'll edit my posts then, but I swear this forum has a control freak problem....

Registered User People who play competitive games online Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry if I insulted anyone, and I try to edit my posts to cut out spam. But I didn't feel I was trolling with that thread in fact I thought it was a pretty good thought provoking thread...
    I think she means edit your posts so you're not double posting. So just like you've done now, where you've posted something but then wanted to post again, but instead of doing so just edit your post and put whatever else you wanna say there.

@che: Whilst this thread has provided me with mild entertainment, don't you think you should've been smart enough to say what you wanted to say directly to the user who made the other thread via VM or something instead of posting a new thread as a snide reply?

As for the pointless topic, I fortunately don't play any online games but I have witnessed a friend being trolled quite badly on WoW. It was stupid but she took it a pinch of salt, which is what I think you need to start doing, FF9isthebest.

Quote Originally Posted by Xana View Post
    I think she means edit your posts so you're not double posting. So just like you've done now, where you've posted something but then wanted to post again, but instead of doing so just edit your post and put whatever else you wanna say there.

@che: Whilst this thread has provided me with mild entertainment, don't you think you should've been smart enough to say what you wanted to say directly to the user who made the other thread via VM or something instead of posting a new thread as a snide reply?

As for the pointless topic, I fortunately don't play any online games but I have witnessed a friend being trolled quite badly on WoW. It was stupid but she took it a pinch of salt, which is what I think you need to start doing, FF9isthebest.
    I have edited my post, and don't misunderstand me, nobody has messed with me in an online game in years... I stopped communicating with them. But In Shaiya (a fine free online rpg) I was just wandering around leveling and I see all these people calling this one guy a nub and telling him he sucks cuz he kept getting beat in a duel... I just thought to myself, is this how these assholes are? They can't show each other a bit of sportsmanship or offer to help him get better or give him advice... This isn't about me, its just how games are, its how everyone gets treated. D2, COD, Halo anything... People act like its some huge deal, and act like they hate their fellow gamer... We should look at everysingle online users as a ****ing brother I'm sorry...

Passing fair judgement People who play competitive games online Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I have edited my post, and don't misunderstand me, nobody has messed with me in an online game in years... I stopped communicating with them. But In Shaiya (a fine free online rpg) I was just wandering around leveling and I see all these people calling this one guy a nub and telling him he sucks cuz he kept getting beat in a duel... I just thought to myself, is this how these assholes are? They can't show each other a bit of sportsmanship or offer to help him get better or give him advice... This isn't about me, its just how games are, its how everyone gets treated. D2, COD, Halo anything... People act like its some huge deal, and act like they hate their fellow gamer... We should look at everysingle online users as a ****ing brother I'm sorry...
    Yes, that's exactly how people are. Sadly there is nothing that can be done about it either, they have to make the choice to change themselves. Everything is a competition, it's in human nature to want to beat one another, this is just one of the many outlets for it.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Magistrate View Post
    Yes, that's exactly how people are. Sadly there is nothing that can be done about it either, they have to make the choice to change themselves. Everything is a competition, it's in human nature to want to beat one another, this is just one of the many outlets for it.
    Yea and its not cool, I mean competition breeds a better product, but do they have to act like asinine clowns?

I just want everyone to know that I value and respect all of your opinions... But I won't change mine. People who treat others with no respect in anyway don't get my respect. Being good means being humble if you really are good.

Yea and its not cool, I mean competition breeds a better product, but do they have to act like asinine clowns?
    Welcome to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    Well I won't I want to be cool with people and if any of you guys wanted help in anything I play I'd see about doing it, even if it was just a duel in COD, I'm not that good but I'll play anyone.

And its not like the word owned bothers me, if they talked about the game and didn't direct attacks like that at the players I wouldn't care what they said.

Blog Entries

That's not really something that stems from games, that just stems from society. People are going to make everything a competition (and it is, in many many cases.). Some people are humble about what they have, others are cocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan
    Welcome to the internet.
    Haha, more like "Welcome to the real life."

Problem with competition is, you can't be good and competing and winning all at the same time. You gotta be pro the win in a competition.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Problem with competition is, you can't be good and competing and winning all at the same time. You gotta be pro the win in a competition.
    That's why I stopped playing ego contests, and prefer PVM and teamwork...

There's just no way that you can avoid it. Just take it in and wipe it out of your system. You won't change anyone even if you let people know your opinion. That's just the reality of the world, most people just don't care.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Magistrate View Post
    There's just no way that you can avoid it. Just take it in and wipe it out of your system. You won't change anyone even if you let people know your opinion. That's just the reality of the world, most people just don't care.
    No I do like a good competitive deathmatch, or fighting game... I just wish people wouldn't let the game get to them, I'm over those kind of games and I don't deal with people I don't like online. And I do know friends who play online they just don't care for the online RPGs which I'm into.

You wouldn't believe the disgusting stuff that was on 360 and UNO live on the webcams, I will forever be scarred by that... And other games to, like KKK guys playing UMK3 talking heavy shit...

No I do like a good competitive deathmatch, or fighting game... I just wish people wouldn't let the game get to them, I'm over those kind of games and I don't deal with people I don't like online. And I do know friends who play online they just don't care for the online RPGs which I'm into.
    Like I've said before, to each their own.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast