Thread: Online Multiplayer

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Online Multiplayer Xanatos's Avatar

Online Multiplayer

It's been ages since I played anything online, and as funny as it may sound I was actually somewhat terrified to go back as I feared far too much has changed. Nevertheless, I installed Battlefield 3, and I must say I've been having a blast these last couple of days.

My first impression has been overwhelming, exhilarating. 64 players on a map, so much going on, it's hectic, chaotic, it's bloody awesome. My God, I'm such a noob, but it's OK, the community has been surprisingly pleasant so far, and I'm rapidly getting better. I love just how much this game awards team effort, I often play as a medic and if if you go that extra mile and actually heal and revive people, which a lot of people seem to ignore, you can earn some serious points and actually make a difference. Team Deathmatch is where I'm mostly at, Conquer is fun but still above my skills. My only complaint, aside from some server issues every now and then, majority of the players are constantly playing the same ****ing map, ****ing Noshahr Canals (superb map by the way).

I know most of us here are more of a singleplayer type, but surely everyone plays something online every now and then. My question is, I guess, which game do you play and why?

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

The Quiet One Online Multiplayer Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ignoring the obvious FFXIV, the Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne set of games I played the most in multiplayer since most of the games I play are JRPGs do not have a co-op option. So the Souls series gives me that ability to play with others. I tend to prefer co-op over competitive, because it's a lot more fun working together beating a game and messing around. Dungeon crawlers like Diablo are also my other preferred type of co-op.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The Mad God Online Multiplayer Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Lately I've been doing a lot of PVP in Destiny. Not like sweaty tryhard Trials of Osiris kinda shit, just random control games. Teamwork is for pussies though. Shotgun rush 4lyfe.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Death Before Dishonor Online Multiplayer Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For a while the only thing I was playing was CS:GO joined a CEVO team and started doing tournaments. Stomped the shit out of everyone and then just kinda stopped playing. My gaming community recently started up a Modded Rust Server so I have been developing some stuff for it and playing the shit out of it. I have also started playing League of Legends again after not playing for close to a year.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Bananarama Online Multiplayer Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I used to be big into Call of Duty before it was churned out every 6 months like it is now. I had a few buddies who I'd join a party chat and just bullshit with while we played. I also played a lot of Halo with them too.

I played some Titanfall over the summer, but stopped once all the major single player games came out. Still playing fallout 4
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Ignoring the obvious FFXIV, the Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne set of games I played the most in multiplayer since most of the games I play are JRPGs do not have a co-op option. So the Souls series gives me that ability to play with others.
    Speaking of Dark Souls, I got into Dark Souls just recently, needless to say I fell in love with it immediately. The first one is extremely challenging, yet rewarding and ever so satisfying. The boss battles are ingenious, lore subtle and at times vague, but gripping nevertheless. I've spent hours upon hours just going through Dark Souls lore, fascinating stuff.

Dark Souls 2 on the other hand was somewhat disappointing due to for the most part lackluster and surprisingly easy boss battles. I do however like how it encouraged players to carry and master numerous weapons this time around, in comparsion I went through first Dark Souls swinging only the Bastard Sword while in Dark Souls 2 I had Heide Knight Sword and Ice Rapier with me as well. This is also one of the few video games that did DLC right.

Dark Souls 3 just might be the first game I buy at its release, I'm also looking to buy Demon Souls, but can't find a copy around these parts. Look at me, rambling about Dark Souls, you'll have to forgive me, I love Dark Souls.

The Quiet One Online Multiplayer Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dark Souls is a great no need to apologize for rambling about it. You should try out Bloodborne if you have the ability to do so. It's a faster and more aggressive Dark Souls, but is still just as fantastic with the world and bosses. People say that the reason for the lackluster quality of Dark Souls 2 is because the creator was working on Bloodborne at the time. Which he did pass it off to someone else to make. So Bloodborne probably has what you're looking for.

I'll be getting Dark Souls 3 when it comes out. So if you're looking for a co-op partner to kill things I'll be game.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

wtf is single player?

Only Single Player I play is Final Fantasy. I've been playing Multi-Player since 2003.

dota2
    league
    h1z1
    Battlefield 4 if I want to get mad at a ame company
    FFXIV
    WoW
    Blade and Soul
    Starbound
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The most multiplayer I've played is a couple of raids in Destiny. Got playing with some of the guys in my boyfriend's store and some American and Dutch guy they play with on tougher raids. My light level is too low to tackle the bigger things they do, and I've yet to tackle any PvP. Went back to The Witcher 3, MGSV and Fallout 4.

Then there's WoW, but I've not played that since my subscription ran out just after Mists came out.

I got Rainbow 6 Seige for Christmas, but have no one to play with yet.

Honestly, not much of a multiplayer person. I'm not that confident.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I just went through a long patch (nearly 20 years) of just playing just online games only. Save the odd single player game, but they were really a rarity more and more as those years progressed up until recently, last 2 years (i got a PS4 and WiiU and actually bought games for them and played them in abundance).

The quality of online games have plummeted, FPS and MMO wise anyway. COD and battlefield games are crap, when playing an online game, you need the community to last longer than a year so it becomes worthwhile and you can play in tournaments/lans. Which is something that completely eludes COD/BF games as they spin off more sequels/DLC than anything else, thus making it pointless to give them any attention/time in my opinion. That and their games are bug ridden and usually incomplete, Battlefield anyway i haven't played a COD game in a long long time, mainly because the all look the same with small crap thing like a dog or grappling hook or something lame that they could just patch in easily but decide to make new games around them that millions seem to have no problem throwing insane amounts of money at (idiots). I used to play alot of Counter strike, i played the original as frequently as i could on a dial up modem since beta, alot more when i got cable modem, by then source was out and i played that, alot of years, made some great friends and traveled to lans to compete.

MMO's are no longer fun to play, nobody trying anything new and most that do bother trying to do an mmo usually end up just copying the WoW formula with a different skin. I can't blame them, their success is in the hands of low attention span idiots, much of the like that plague CoD/BF games. And even with that WoW is boring so they haven't got much hope, sure the expansion might be fun in the leveling process but as soon as you get to max level you're shoveling the same shit, it just looks different, arena's unbalanced always and they will never get it right...EVER.

So i spend most of my days online wise playing MOBA's, i was getting into DOTA, but then some friends got me into playing Smite and i haven't looked back, it feels to me alot more skill orientated as opposed to just knowledge orientated. Which is what i like, fast paced. I might give dota a try again soon now thinking of it, both great games and they have the longevity a good few FPS games used to have so breath great competitive/interesting community's.

A list of online games i played alot over the years would be: Delta force, Counter strike, Team fortress 2, Starwars galaxies, everquest 2, World of warcraft, Starcraft 2, Diablo 2, Diablo 3, Dota, Smite.

Other noteable mentions: Left 4 dead + sequel, I'll say battlefield for the casual fling, they can be fun, but not worth the money, thankfully i have a friend in EA who i can get the game for free, didnt bother with BF 4 though, played BF3 for a few weeks, maybe less.. again i get annoyed by bugs, exploits so they can ruin my interest in the game instantly if not fixed swiftly, which they never are under the EA sun.

So yeah....I multiplayer
    Last edited by nix; 02-14-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Boxer of the Galaxy Online Multiplayer Rowan's Avatar
    I can honestly say I no longer play dota 2.

Since I stopped playing, I went back into my oldschool single player games and Ive never been happier.

Online gaming is not my style.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I used to be big into Call of Duty before it was churned out every 6 months like it is now.
    I used to play Call of Duty 2 a lot way back when LAN was still a thing. Still do occasionally against my brother, mostly at holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    You should try out Bloodborne if you have the ability to do so. It's a faster and more aggressive Dark Souls, but is still just as fantastic with the world and bosses. People say that the reason for the lackluster quality of Dark Souls 2 is because the creator was working on Bloodborne at the time. Which he did pass it off to someone else to make. So Bloodborne probably has what you're looking for.

I'll be getting Dark Souls 3 when it comes out. So if you're looking for a co-op partner to kill things I'll be game.
    Sadly, I don't own a PS4, Bloodborne will be the first game I buy when I do get one as it truly looks fantastic. I plan on getting Dark Souls 3 either for PC or XBox One, not sure myself yet, most probably for XBox One as I can borrow one from my brother whenever I want, so if you happen to play on that platform I might just take you up on that offer =)

Speaking of games I used play religiously against others, Counter Strike 1.6, Quake II, StarCraft + Brood War, Unreal Tournament, Warcraft 3 (Skirmish, not that DOTA bullshit)... I just might install one of these games as I feel mighty nostalgic right now