Thread: Oldschool...I'm on fire? AND I cant buy a bucket...

Oldschool...I'm on fire? AND I cant buy a bucket... rJ floW's Avatar

Oldschool...I'm on fire? AND I cant buy a bucket...

The game that started it all...possibly one of the most replayable game to ever be made!

NBA JAM

Not the N64, not Tournement Edition, its the game that pretty much started the arcade NBA games. Possibly my favorite old school sports game of all time.

What I like? How about the vastly innovative "heating up" and "he's on fire"...first game to ever really include momentum in gameplay. The firey basketball was amazing, and with the internet becoming more mainstream, all the codes that suddenly came to light (if you couldnt afford physical cheat guides).

How about the classic commentating.

"Monster Jam!"
    "Throws up a brick!"
    "Can't buy a bucket!"

goddamn those days of throwing up bricks and not being able to buy a bucket frusterated me so much! For those who actually played the game (on genesis or snes...mine was genesis), who did you use and why?? I chose to go with the teams with extremes like orlando or san antonio. Scott Skiles baseline three from the bottom (not the top, easily blocked without goaltending called) was money in the bank, and if you double team him, you got a big man with full dunks waitin to throw it down!

Finally, the greatest innovation. Being able to shatter the backboard! If I remember correctly, thats the first basketball game to ever do that.

CLASSIC!!!!
    tHe ChOsEn
    rJ floW
    .EcKS.
    Lionhart2001 aka Pete
    LocoColt04
    Telegraph aka Calamity Taco
    Neo Necron
    OceanEyes28
    Usagy
    This is why bitches love me

Human crack in the flesh, im the last of the best, one word to describe me? Spectacular yes"-Juelz Santana-

Registered User Oldschool...I'm on fire? AND I cant buy a bucket...
    I liked hearing this:

"From Downtown..."

"BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!"

I didn't play it, but my older brother did, and I would watch him play. He played it on the SNES, which was his, and I wasn't allowed to play it. Jerk.

He loved this game, even though he's not big on basketball, so that's really saying something about how much fun it was. I don't remember what team he preferred to play as either... Sorry.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Lady Succubus Oldschool...I'm on fire? AND I cant buy a bucket... Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It didn't really matter what team I used cause I used cheats, lol.

Power Dunking (dunk from anywhere), On Fire all the time (on fire automatically removes goal tending also)

That's all you really need to kick ass at the game. XD

...Oh yeah, also power pushing. XD

I want to play a game. Oldschool...I'm on fire? AND I cant buy a bucket... Zargabaath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    I liked hearing this:

"From Downtown..."

"BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!"
    I still use "BOOMSHAKALAKA!!" to this day, matter of fact, I used it today at work. Mwahahahahaha. Those quotes were pretty awesome and the fireball AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH that was a cool feature. I used Chicago most of the time and I dabbled with other teams occassionaly; I found the game though to be easy - especially easier than Pat Riley Basketball for the Genisis at the time that I played NBA Jam. Though I did finally get how to effectively play Pat Riley Basketball and that game too became very easy.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I loved that damn game when I was younger. Probably the reason I still watch Basketball sometimes today. I always liked breaking the backboard in the 4th Qtr. Made me feel like I accomplished something lol.

I usually played as the Hornets or the Bulls just because of the massive 3-pointer and dunking potential respectively.

The only thing that ever really bothered me about that game was I was never quite sure how to play defense. It seemed more like the players were having seizures than trying to swat the ball away.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

Registered User Oldschool...I'm on fire? AND I cant buy a bucket... Megatron0000's Avatar

Re: Oldschool...I'm on fire? AND I cant buy a bucket...

"Is it the shoes?!"