Thread: Okami Sequel!!!!

Registered User Okami Sequel!!!!

Okami Sequel!!!!

Yes! There has been an announcement that one of my most beloved games is DEFINITELY getting a sequel. Guess who's one happy gamer? ME! That's who!

Here's a quote from Wikipedia

The September 2009 issue of Famitsu announced that Ōkamiden: Chīsaki Taiyō (大神伝~小さき太陽~?, lit. Ōkami Chronicles: Tiny Sun) was indeed a sequel to Ōkami for the Nintendo DS, to be released by Capcom in Japan in 2010. The game takes place three months after the end of Ōkami, with the player in control of Chibiterasu, another wolf like Amaterasu, and will feature the same style of gameplay, including the Celestial Brush using the DS's touchscreen controls.[72][73]
    Awww...Chibiterasu! How adorable!

UPDATE:: Here's a link to some gameplay footage, and also a better trailer for those that are interested in seeing it.

I would have preferred a sequel on a console rather than a handheld, but I'm just happy that there's news of a new Okami game. I also hope that we see a release outside of Japan, since there is no mention of any just yet.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 06-06-2010 at 12:59 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Che
    Anyone else feel like all the good titles come out for handhelds these days? What happened to playing shit on the good ol' big screen? Anyone remember the Wii? ****.

Master of the Shadow Key Okami Sequel!!!! KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    Really...a sequel?? Dang, I rented Okami once but never got around to finishing it, guess I better find a copy.

The art style was fantastic, as was the music. I really got to try it out one more time.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

The joke is far too true Okami Sequel!!!! loner-kid's Avatar
    Heh, I'd seen this already but it's still pretty cool. I loved the first Okami game and any form of sequel is a deffinate plus for me. Especially when you consider the original studio went under.

Read some of my stuff here
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...-snippets.html

The Gargoyle
    SPOILER!!:

The gargoyle sits, solemnly, alone
    That silent man of stone
    Here, for his deeds he must atone

Beaten eyes stare blankly
    Withered arms curved and wrinkly
    Bat-like wings spread fully

For once he was a man deceitful
    His soul decored in black so hateful
    From his despair grew pain most vengeful

With his death he was deserted
    Left condemned and desecrated
    Bound to form most understated

And now he is but a statue made of stone
    Sitting all alone

Star Gaze
    SPOILER!!:
    High in the sky, blinking down on us
    We all watch the stars
    Believing, as we do
    That friends and lovers long since moved away are staring upwards too
    Remembering us as we remember them
    Smiling in the light of an unatainable star
    And even if the star was snuffed out at that very moment
    We would never know
    We just keep smiling
    And believe the star is true

My TFF Family
    (is laughably small because 'loner' turned out to be fairly accurate)
    Unknown-Entity - loner-kid's hilarious 'friend'
    Raider - my ginger brother

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Okami Sequel!!!! ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    I was wondering when they'd put Okami on DS. I think they could really take advantage of the stylus. Will definitely buy.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Okami Sequel!!!! Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    I deffenitly need to try Okami. It looks like fun, and I like the fact that you get to control a Wolf...I like Wolves. And I'm glad that you are happy that there is going to be a sequal to your favourite game Well, Have Fun Big Sister

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Boredness rules us all Okami Sequel!!!! Midnight Panda's Avatar
    sweet. i loved the artwork and music in the first one. im pumped for numbah 2!
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

I just thought that I would bump this thread a bit, since there's a short trailer showing a little bit of what this game would be like on the DS. I also edited my first post to have the trailer there as well:

YouTube - Okamiden DS Short TGS Trailer

Also, it should be noted that Chibiterasu won't be as powerful as Amaterasu, since he's just a pup. I think that would add some difficulty to the gameplay. If I had one complaint about the original, it would be that it was a little too easy.

If anyone has some more info, (but no spoilers!!!) feel free to post. I know it's still too early for anything major.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES Okami Sequel!!!! Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

Re: Okami Sequel!!!!

i have a question who's okami( thinks about an fire dog)
    My Blitzball Kingdom:
    My Final Fantasy Family Ralz the First Brother I had he is stuck marrying Yuna xTidus The second Brother I had he really Adores Blitzball genomes blade My youngest Brother he Really enjoys his Older Brothers' company And my Mystic Brother Vivimastermage of Chaostroph may you never play cards with him. And my Awesome Brother Fate who is just great to be around all the time I would be lost if it weren't for him and My awesome Older Brother Meier Link the Party animal And my Soul-devouring, Soon-to-be-game making brother, Alther Primus Also introduing The Graceful Lord of Chaosthroph who adores big Swords and Über Spells." Elyon My Awesome Learning Sister Himi And my Auron Loving Sister Dodie16 I introduce you to My younger sister Ann another fan of FF 10 My Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi And my younger Sister Terra Branford the pie loving Fullmetal alchemist FF6 Obsessed If you want in and you are a fan of Blitzball send me a VM and you are welcome to come
    My Duck Legion Members:
    Ethan Can U Say Freak Silver

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    I would have preferred a sequel on a console rather than a handheld, but I'm just happy that there's news of a new Okami game. I also hope that we see a release outside of Japan, since there is no mention of any just yet.
    This. It is good that we're possibly getting a sequel but I'm hoping the DS doesn't ruin it for me. I did very much prefer the PS2 version of Okami to the Wii version and am not that comfortable with wiimote/touch screen controls in all bar a few games...
    victoria aut mors

Do the elements trust you? Okami Sequel!!!! bahamuts heir's Avatar

omg sequal,sequal!!!!!
    had to let my inner fan boy out, cute it's Ametarasu' kid and the swordmans kid too.
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Postingway Okami Sequel!!!! Maciariello's Avatar

I never had the honor of playing the first game, but I think I'll pick it up as soon as I have a lull in games. March is a busy month, so maybe in April I'll eBay the PS2 version.

I know someone above mentioned they preferred the PS2 version over the Wii. What about the rest of you (specifically the OP, Dodie)?
    Frank Jaeger - "A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal."

^ I actually haven't played the Wii version, since all that really happened when it got ported to that system was that it got a new control scheme to fit for the use of the wiimote. I love this game a lot, but I'm not going to buy another copy of the same game if nothing extra was added.

If you haven't played your Wii in a while, and want to get some use out of it, you could pick this game up for that system. I haven't played my Wii in a while because I have nothing to run on it. It's probably easier to find for the Wii too, since I had a pretty hard time finding a copy of the game for the PS2. But you said you're going to go with Ebay, so maybe you'll have better luck.

Frankly, this game is really fun, and really beautiful, so I think either version you get, you'll enjoy. At least I hope you do.

For the topic: I haven't heard any more news about the development of the sequel. I'll keep checking though.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Postingway Okami Sequel!!!! Maciariello's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    If you haven't played your Wii in a while, and want to get some use out of it, you could pick this game up for that system.
    I actually do not own a Wii. My significant other has one and I've been able to play FFIV: The After Years on hers, but aside from the Wiiware, I cannot justify the price tag. There's just not as much on the Wii that interests me like there is on the PS3. Like I said, the old Nintendo games and the Wii exclusives are really the only thing I could justify playing.

However, if this game is better on Wii, I may look into it.
    Frank Jaeger - "A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal."

Finding this place a little dull... Okami Sequel!!!! xTidus's Avatar

In my opinion I don't think the game is very good.. Why make another? The game has no story line or no point to it what so ever.. Waste of money.

xTidus: "What are you doing?"
    ViviMasterMage: "I'm eating your hair... Why?"
    xTidus: "You have problems..."
    ViviMasterMage: "You smell nice!...I do have problems!"
    Both: *giggles*

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

It's too bad your opinion isn't shared by the Okami fanbase, myself included.
    It had great gameplay and to top it off, it's STILL one of the games I feel looks among the best even though released on the PS2 and Wii, neither of which is the most cutting edge console.
    victoria aut mors

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Okami Sequel!!!! Polk's Avatar

Threadbumping for this trailer and this gameplay footage, which both showed up on Giant Bomb today. Game looks pretty neat so far, and the DS looks like the perfect system for an Okami game.

I may have to break down and get a DS one of these days.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Memento Rhapso Okami Sequel!!!! Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Anyone else feel like all the good titles come out for handhelds these days? What happened to playing shit on the good ol' big screen? Anyone remember the Wii? ****.
    I remember the wii. . . . .
    But, supposing you have the proper av cords, could you not link a DS to a telly? Especially since they've made the DS like a mini supercomputer
    Which leads me to boring stuff lol What're the graphical ranges of this one? 'Cos Okami is supposed to be a visually intensive and graphically beautiful game, but the DS is weak with graphics. Mine had problems running SM64: DS for christs sake. Then again, I had the Phat DS, so maybe it's better

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg
    What're the graphical ranges of this one? 'Cos Okami is supposed to be a visually intensive and graphically beautiful game, but the DS is weak with graphics.
    Well, I watched the footage from the links that Polk provided, and I must say that it does look very nice on the little handheld. I did have a bit of an issue with the pause that happened when the game switched to Celestial Brush mode, but that's a tiny, tiny, tiny complaint. I am pretty impressed with everything else.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Certified tech, come at me! Okami Sequel!!!! SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm... I honestly have never seen the gameplay for it. I heard the title mentioned a few times and then I went to look at the gameplay for the first game and I must say, I should try out the game sometime. But I want to at least play the first one to see if I'd actually like it. Surprisingly I liked what I saw, once I start playing it and liking the game, consider me a fan.
    Currently Playing: