Thread: Number of Games

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Number of Games Xanatos's Avatar

Number of Games

To break a rather boring night I decided to make a list of every game I played so far. My surprisingly foggy memory and Wikipedia were my main source, in the end I came with total of 300 titles, there are probably more, but for the life of me I can't remember.

As frightening and time consuming that number may seem I've only beaten 100 games from that list, or in other words, every third game I play. There are also a lot of games that for some strange reason I left at the very end. Pokemon and Final Fantasy series lead as far as sheer number goes, Pro Evolution series was by far the most time consuming.

How many games have you played so far (a rough number will do), and how many have you actually beaten? Which series takes the throne on your list as far as number of played games goes?

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Death Before Dishonor Number of Games Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Number of Games

After looking through shit on the internet I can think of about 500-550 titles that I have played so far. Out of those game I have beat a little over half of them. Hate to leave a game unbeaten.

I would Pokemon, and Final Fantasy are some of the main ones there. I have a larger combined game time amongst all of them, than the total time of all other. Other games like CoD games that go on forever also inhabit my list. I'm sure I have played more games, tried to think back as far as I can remember. Still iffy about some that I think I played, but don't really know for sure.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

The Quiet One Number of Games Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I own 194 games and I have beaten 117 of them. This is discounting games I've rented, PC games, PSN games, facebook games and games I've played either at LAN parties or at friends' houses. Why I discount PC games I don't know, since I own like 20 or more of them.

The reason for my accuracy is because I kept an Excel sheet that tracks all of the games I own and if I've beaten them. It is mainly because I started buying a lot of RPGs. So I needed to keep track of them. I have 139 RPGs out of the 194 games I own. So it takes a while to beat them.

I guess Final Fantasy is the most of any franchise that I've completed, but there are not many other franchises in RPGs that have nearly as many games. So it is a little difficult to compete. Other series that try are the Suikoden series, Atelier series, MegaTen series (Person series included) and Civilization series.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The White Wizard of Fynn Number of Games Mindu's Avatar

I can't be bothered to go and find exact figures, but I'd say I've played around 100 PS1 games and a similar number of PS2 games. I'd say I only completed about 50% of them, as I would get bored of half of them and have a bad habit of trading them without getting my money's worth.

With the more recent consoles I know the figures, though. I bought 13 games for my Xbox 360, played 5, and only bothered completing 4 of them, trading the console and all of the games in after I hardly played on it for the better part of a year. I bought a PS3 recently, buying 7 games since and borrowing Black Ops from a friend. I've completed 5 and still have 2 left to play. I only bought a DS for Revenant Wings, never got around to completing it, and traded the console a few months ago. On the PSP I've played just 5 games. I've completed 2 and I'm currently playing 1, but only played the other two briefly and never finished them.

I only had three games for the Gamecube: the REmake, RE0, and MGS Twin Snakes. I cleared the RE games but unfortunately Twin Snakes kept crashing and I never bothered to buy another copy. On the GB consoles I had only Pokemon on GBC (of which I only completed Gold); on the GBA I played around 10 games, completed just 4 of them, but recently went through some of the retro Final Fantasy adaptions on an emulator.

As for series in particular, most of the number of played (and completed) games are taken up by the following franchises: Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Devil May Cry, Onimusha and Silent Hill.

I'm aware that I've wasted a lot of money buying games and consoles that I hardly ever used. A cause for this problem is that I always seem to be in the console generations late and buy many used games in bulk. For example, I didn't get a 360 until 2009 and it was only about £100 to buy 13 games. To counteract this, in recent months I've only been buying two or three at once, and not buying any more until I've completed them.
    Last edited by Mindu; 01-22-2012 at 03:09 AM.

To be honest I have not completed that many games in my time it is probably just a dozen or so, however when I do game (FF game are a perfect example of this) I DO DO EVERYTHING in it all optional areas side quests etc so I get more time from it and get my moneys worth so I think this makes up for completing less games. I prefer completing a game fully over beating numerous games as quickly, basically and easily as possible it is more fun that way.