Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No Master Sword...or is there?

Blog Entries

Re: No Master Sword...or is there?

Yeah, or it wouldn't be successful, because Japanese culture seems to be obsessed with youthful main characters. Anyone over the age of 25 or so seems to be getting up there in their age, and anyone older than that is an old fuddy-duddy. I heard that's why we had to have friggen' Vaan and Penelo in at the last minute of FFXII; because Basch was too old, man. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Bananarama No Master Sword...or is there? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, it would be successful with me

As much as I do love my Zelda and Mario games, I would love to see dark worlds. Like, how cool would a Mario game be if the mushrooms caused him to trip balls, and while you gained some more power, the worlds you entered in your addled state would be trippy as hell? Like, when he got hit, or lost his high, he would just look at all the enemies he trampled, and you'd be like "oh my Jesus, what did I do?"

I totally understand that it's supposed to be family oriented, but it would be awesome if they made like two versions of games, like the brutal version and the regular version.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered User No Master Sword...or is there?

Originally Posted by Pete
    Like, how cool would a Mario game be if the mushrooms caused him to trip balls...the worlds you entered in your addled state would be trippy as hell?
    Hehehe... Did you ever play Yoshi's Island? There was a stage called "Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" that sort of did that. x3 The effect didn't last that long, and I think it was only one stage that it happened in, but it was hilarious!

Oh, and uh, to keep on topic. Master Sword or not, I really don't care either way. Like said before, there has been games in the series that didn't have it, and it didn't make a lick of difference.

EDIT: Yay double negatives!
    Last edited by Dodie16; 05-28-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Memento Rhapso No Master Sword...or is there? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...f_g9rop0fd0&zw
    Thought this pic would sum up the "Zora girl is a sword" theory and provide everyone with their daily dosage of "lulz"

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Blog Entries

That link wants me to log in to gmail. Maybe you should upload the pic to tinypic or something and edit a link to that in your post instead. It would be a good idea. Then we shall truly put this "Zora girl is the master sword" thing to rest. Maybe. And I have my doubts about the lulz. Mostly because I hate that term.

Also, Touch Fuzzy - Get Dizzy was my favorite stage!

Furthermore, I wouldn't mind a darker, edgier version of those games, either. Like a parody version, or something. Wonder why it hasn't been made yet?

Twilight Princess has been there darkest one I think so far, next to Majoras Mask. I would want to see an even darker one though.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Twilight Princess has been there darkest one I think so far, next to Majoras Mask. I would want to see an even darker one though.
    I think they're trying to place the series into a grdient by using the "Branched Storyline" dealie
    The ones that spiral out of Ocarina of Time have gone on a family to dark gradient, and those on the Majora's Mask have gone on the opposite (ex. OoT to TP, MM to Spirit Tracks)
    So maybe one day we will have Legend of Zelda with some gore, or maybe some darker issues that "Ganons wreckin' the place zomg"

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

Do the elements trust you? No Master Sword...or is there? bahamuts heir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    I think they're trying to place the series into a grdient by using the "Branched Storyline" dealie
    The ones that spiral out of Ocarina of Time have gone on a family to dark gradient, and those on the Majora's Mask have gone on the opposite (ex. OoT to TP, MM to Spirit Tracks)
    So maybe one day we will have Legend of Zelda with some gore, or maybe some darker issues that "Ganons wreckin' the place zomg"
    Spirit tracks came from phantom hourglass which came from wind waker
    and in twilight princess, is link the hero of time or not? It's been a while since I've played it
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by genome's blade View Post
    Spirit tracks came from phantom hourglass which came from wind waker
    and in twilight princess, is link the hero of time or not? It's been a while since I've played it
    He is the Hero of Time in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, as well as Adult Link in Ocarina of Time, which all have the Master Sword. (Not counting Link to the Past though, which does also)
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Wait a sec, I thought the Link that you play as in WindWaker was dubbed "The Hero of Winds".... I know that the Hero of Time is mentioned in the beginning of the game, but then he disappeared or something.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Wait a sec, I thought the Link that you play as in WindWaker was dubbed "The Hero of Winds".... I know that the Hero of Time is mentioned in the beginning of the game, but then he disappeared or something.
    That was the point I wanted to make, actually kind of correcting myself, in Wind Waker they awaited the return of the hero, Link, but he did not re-appear. He was in the Parallel Dimension of Majora's Mask. Hence, my gradient is wrong as is my theory. Sorry

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ No Master Sword...or is there? Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

That was the point I wanted to make, actually kind of correcting myself, in Wind Waker they awaited the return of the hero, Link, but he did not re-appear. He was in the Parallel Dimension of Majora's Mask. Hence, my gradient is wrong as is my theory. Sorry
    So then where does that put Twilight Princess and this new game then?

IMO this "Master Sword personified" kinda seems like the whole lamp demon idea of Stephen King's. Idk it seems to me almost as if they aren't even trying anymore. Maybe I missed something.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

The Legend Of Zelda Retrospective Video Game, Zelda Retrospective Part 6 | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Watch this if you haven't already.

Now this is an unofficial timeline and it was made before Twilight Princess was released, but I honestly think they got it down to almost 100% correct. I have looked into it myself, and a lot of things make sense, as well as some little things I noticed in some of the games as well.

Also Dodie my theory as to why he isn't the Hero of Time per say is that Hyrule is technically gone in that world. It's under the water from what I know about.
    Last edited by loaf; 05-30-2010 at 03:55 PM.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

The Mad God No Master Sword...or is there? Heartless Angel's Avatar

To be perfectly honest, I prefer a little weapon variety. Yeah, the master sword was cool the first 386 times or so, but now it's getting kinda boring. I prefer not knowing what's going to happen in my game's storylines. However in most recent Zelda games, as soon as a new power to defeat whatever is mentioned, it's pretty much, "Oh, ok, the sacred grove IS somewhere in this game, and after the next dungeon or two, we'll be going there to get the Master sword.... AGAIN."

Yes, I like the idea of going to get a special weapon to defeat the major enemy, but sweet merciful crap****, does it ALWAYS have to be the same weapon? I like new and different plot elements now and then.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries

Well according to Loaf's timeline, the Picori, or Four Sword, was made before the Master Sword, so there's some variety. Plus, if you do side quests and things you can get new swords, like in OoT you can get the Biggoron Sword.
    But the Master Sword may be getting the boot for your exact reason, not enough change to keep our simple minds focused. We don't know yet

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ No Master Sword...or is there? Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

Well according to Loaf's timeline, the Picori, or Four Sword, was made before the Master Sword, so there's some variety. Plus, if you do side quests and things you can get new swords, like in OoT you can get the Biggoron Sword.
    But the Master Sword may be getting the boot for your exact reason, not enough change to keep our simple minds focused. We don't know yet
    I think that the timeline is basically stating that the Piccori Sword is the Master Sword. Although you are right about the other swords and side quests, I think it would be kinda cool if they brought back the upgradable Master Sword like in ALttP.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I prefer a little weapon variety. Yeah, the master sword was cool the first 386 times or so, but now it's getting kinda boring. I prefer not knowing what's going to happen in my game's storylines. However in most recent Zelda games, as soon as a new power to defeat whatever is mentioned, it's pretty much, "Oh, ok, the sacred grove IS somewhere in this game, and after the next dungeon or two, we'll be going there to get the Master sword.... AGAIN."

Yes, I like the idea of going to get a special weapon to defeat the major enemy, but sweet merciful crap****, does it ALWAYS have to be the same weapon? I like new and different plot elements now and then.
    So 4 games out of like 10 have the Master Sword. That's a lot of games. Twilight Princess had a new arsenal, and Wind Waker let you use different weapons as well. All the old ones had most of the same weapons.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

• Link to the past, Master Sword
    • Ocarina of time, Master Sword
    • Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Master Sword
    • Wind Waker, Master Sword
    • Twilight Princess, Master Sword
    • The new Zelda (Miyamoto himself pointed out the fact that Link wasn't holding a sword, so I'm fairly certain the theory that the chick IS the sword is true)
    That's 6 or 7 depending on whether or not you wanna count Seasons and Ages as two seperate games. And let's compare that to games featuring other important weapons (meaning weapons the story actually focuses on to some extent, not extras like Boggoron's)...

The Four Sword made like, 2 appearances.
    Phantom Sword made one
    Gilded Sword made one
    Magic sword made one
    And 2 of those can't even really be called story related, since you don't need to get Gilded or Magic to beat the games.

Point being, there are like, 4 or 5 ultimate weapons that AREN'T the master sword. The Master Sword alone has filled that role more than all others combined.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Master Sword was a secret sword to get and had to be obtained after completing the game. I honestly don't count that.

One of the main things I am interested in is the fact they are trying to change the whole traditional, run through field, go into new zone, enter dungeon, beat dungeon, go back to field, rinse and repeat.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Changing the sword to a random chick almost makes it interesting again, in spite of overuse. What I'd really like to see is a game going into the history of the weapon, maybe even a game in the time period of its creation. That'd be far more itneresting than constantly learning that the ultimate weapon is just sitting there in the middle of a forest for no particular reason, I wanna know where the thing came from.

Learner No Master Sword...or is there? CloudTide's Avatar

i think that would be a fail just like giving Sonic a sword
    they might of just forgotten the sword
    but personifying Master Sword would be a fail
    but thats just me
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

It'd be about the same as the talking hat I assume.

I'll make you famous No Master Sword...or is there? Rydia Lover's Avatar

this whole personified sword idea keeps making me think about the fights in prince of persia for the ps3, that would be pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

Blog Entries

Alright, I think this video makes more sense
    YouTube - The Legend of Zelda, Split Timeline Theory (HD)
    No offense to the above video, but this one pushes a tad more for reality. But they both make sense. Dammit E3 needs to hurry up and get here so Shiggy can make or break all of our hair-brained theories

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

Registered User No Master Sword...or is there? Satrus's Avatar

if the new Zelda game is a ****inue of the Ocorina of Time like Twilight Prinsess it will have a master sword

Well, whatever Nintendo has planned for the new Zelda on the Wii, one thing is for certain right now: It's going to have compatibility with the Wii Motion Plus add-on. I don't know if you absolutely HAVE to have it...though I'm sure it makes for greater control of the sword.

I'm kind of hoping it's optional, because I don't really want to spend more money on peripherals that will only be of use to me for maybe one game. That's why I didn't play Majora's Mask when it was released way back in the day. You needed the Expansion Pak to actually play the thing.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

MM was the game that single handedly sold me that expansion pack lol. Much like this would singlehandedly sell me motion plus if it was needed.

Learner No Master Sword...or is there? CloudTide's Avatar

i agree
    if this game is as good as IGN says it is im gonna get the motion plus hands down if needed
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Registered User No Master Sword...or is there? darknesse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Honestly, i dont really like the guy from the second timeline theory you gave, though he does make perfect sence.

Back on topic i guess, from the talk ive heard, this new game has been talked about as a sequel to twilight princess, though i dont really think so myself. But it neeeeeeeeeeds a master sword hah. What is it without a master sword? Simply link, on his adventure. Oh looksie, its gannon! Oh damn, so sword, bail?

Back to the point, im sure whether or not it has a sword, the game itself will be brilliant. i loved twilight princess, and some of the newer games (windwaker looks lame, am i the first to say that? Worth playing?) and i like the idea of them getting better in the future, and it looks like that might actually happen, unlike most series and online mmos.

Originally Posted by darknesse
    (windwaker looks lame, am i the first to say that? Worth playing?)
    Personally, I loved WindWaker, and I think it's definitely worth the playtime. Don't let the kiddie-looking graphics deter you away from it, because it's a really fun game. I honestly think the look makes it that much more charming. That's just my opinion about it though, but I think you should at least give it the benefit of the doubt and play it before you judge it.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast