Thread: Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch!

Certified tech, come at me! Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch! SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch!

How many of you seen the reveal from Nintendo today for the new Nintendo Switch? Here is the video for those who haven't already seen the preview of it.

Nintendo Switch preview

Here's what's been revealed so far:

- The Nintendo Switch is confirmed to be a home gaming system you can play on the TV and on the go as a handheld device.

- The controller is detachable so you can remove the parts from the controller to the system for handheld play.

- EDIT: On the handheld, two people can share a screen and you can wirelessly connect to another Switch for wireless lan gaming up to 4 players (4 handheld switches or 2 handheld switches with 2 people sharing both screens)

- The Nintendo Switch uses a customized NVidia Tegra system-on-a-chip chipset and GPU.

- Mario, Zelda, Skyrim, unknown basketball title, and some Wii U titles (such as Splatoon, Mario Kart) are playable with the new system.

- A lot of 3rd party companies are supporting the
    Nintendo Switch.

List of confirmed 3rd party developers for Nintendo Switch

What are your thoughts on the new console from the initial preview of the system?
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 10-20-2016 at 05:00 PM.
    Currently Playing:

The Mad God Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch! Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Shut up and take my money!
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Certified tech, come at me! Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch! SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I have been following up on the news on the system and apparently the skyrim one isn't officially announced, but it might since it was featured in a reveal video with a person playing the game as an example of the games running on the system.
    Currently Playing:

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch! Xanatos's Avatar
    Seeing as I wasn't pleased with Nintendo home consoles ever since N64 I think I'll reserve my judgment for later, after I see its specs and 3rd party support that is, because if this thing isn't capable of running games such as FF XV, Mass Effect Andromeda, Cyberpunk 2077, I don't see see a point in buying it. I say that because I'm not interested in Nintendo's endless wank over Mario games, save for perhaps few titles.

That being said, if Switch supports 3DS cartridges that's somewhat of a game changer for me. On a positive note, it does look more appealing to me than Wii and Wii U ever did.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Bananarama Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch! Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad they went back to a more traditional controller and away from the damn motion reliant ones. I hated the wii because of that. If I'm playing games, I don't want to stand or have to move in ways that I'm not accustomed to while trying to keep my focus.

I'll probably pass on it, but I do think it's a pretty cool concept. Unless of course it becomes something so amazing that I neeeeeeed it, but I've lived without Nintendo since my gamecube.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    I know I am interested in the Switch, it definitely is different from the Wii U is the fact it's not a dual screen concept, and it doesn't use motion controls from the Wii. On top of that, NVidia is powering it which definitely says something about the system even though it's running on mobile power.

What I really like about the system besides the NVidia thing is the fact it can do lan parties not just at home but on the go, say if you take it to a friend's house or you and a group are out traveling.

Nintendo is the kind of company to focus on a community type of gaming where you're playing together locally, playing online is cool, but the physical experience is where it's at experiencing a game together as a community, enjoying the company of others. Single player games are good too like the Zelda and Mario games nintendo previewed in the video.

I'm pretty sure nintendo learned a lot from the Wii U, they actually showcased what the console can do, how it's designed, a glimpse of what it can play, and how you can play together and targeted an audience that can afford game systems, sure kids will like it too, but gotta appeal to older audiences as well.

Looking forward to hearing more about the system!
    Currently Playing:

Nintendo usually does things right after failure I feel. Gamecube was good for the most part. I personally did not like it when I was younger so I went the PS2 route but GC had Smash Melee...still never got it. Wii was really really good when it came out, everyone loved it, it had great game selection and interesting features. But the power wasn't there I felt so it didn't really compete compared to Ps3 and 360. Wii U I feel is where they kinda messed up the most and it feels like this filler console, sort of like a filler episode on a TV series which has put them in a different spot with Sony and Microsoft but that's probably better for them imo. I'd like to play the new Zelda, I do have time to play the ones I never did (Wind Waker, Skyward)
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    To update information about the switch on this thread, here's some news that happened recently. Sounds like we won't be hearing about the games until january, which isn't too far down the road. Nintendo To Announce Switch Price, Release Date, Games On January 12

Tabata from Square-Enix has an interest for the console which is a good sign, I personally hope this will mean some FF titles and KH, but he also could be referring to other IPs. Final Fantasy XV Director Hajime Tabata Says He Would Like To Make Games For The Nintendo Switch - Siliconera

There are people saying that nintendo could really benefit from superbowl ads which is very logical as the system itself comes out in march and the superbowl will happen around february.
    Currently Playing:

Not getting switch this year, as it's not much better than wii u and portability isn't a big deal for me. Launch lineup of games is bad as well. Nothing really interests me, except for Zelda and maybe Bomberman. Mario Odyssey is too far away to care about anyways and Skyrim will be modless most likely.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch! Xanatos's Avatar
    While I applaud Nintendo for trying something new year after year at the same time I genuinely don't understand this company. Their handhelds are still unrivaled, on the other hand what they do with their home consoles is beyond me. The issues Switch has is something home consoles went through well over 10 years ago, in this day and age to have such piss poor online component, among many other things, is purposely incompetent. No wonder they were so hush about it.

And while a lot of their games are undoubtedly fun it's more evident with each passing day that they have massive nostalgia glasses they refuse to take off, even for a little bit. "New" Super Mario Bros is the exact same game I played over 20 years ago, Twilight Princess is a poor man's Ocarina of Time, Pokémon barely evolved in any significant way after Gold/Silver/Crystal, what baffles me though is how many people point at Call of Duty/Assassins Creed, what have you, for the exact same shit Nintendo does.

Recently I thought about buying a Wii U, until I saw its library, that is. There are literally three games I want to play on that thing, and that's it. As a huge RPG fan after SNES they did little to nothing to keep me interested in their home consoles, other than Zelda I have zero incentive to buy Switch. I didn't even realize til now, not fully, but I think Nintendo is dead to me as far as home consoles go (take this as an obvious exaggeration).

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    While I applaud Nintendo for trying something new year after year at the same time I genuinely don't understand this company. Their handhelds are still unrivaled, on the other hand what they do with their home consoles is beyond me. The issues Switch has is something home consoles went through well over 10 years ago, in this day and age to have such piss poor online component, among many other things, is purposely incompetent. No wonder they were so hush about it.

And while a lot of their games are undoubtedly fun it's more evident with each passing day that they have massive nostalgia glasses they refuse to take off, even for a little bit. "New" Super Mario Bros is the exact same game I played over 20 years ago, Twilight Princess is a poor man's Ocarina of Time, Pokémon barely evolved in any significant way after Gold/Silver/Crystal, what baffles me though is how many people point at Call of Duty/Assassins Creed, what have you, for the exact same shit Nintendo does.

Recently I thought about buying a Wii U, until I saw its library, that is. There are literally three games I want to play on that thing, and that's it. As a huge RPG fan after SNES they did little to nothing to keep me interested in their home consoles, other than Zelda I have zero incentive to buy Switch. I didn't even realize til now, not fully, but I think Nintendo is dead to me as far as home consoles go (take this as an obvious exaggeration).
    I get where you're coming from, and agree with most except your comparisons to AC/COD. To say Super mario bros is the exact same game as Super mario 3D World or even mario 64 is silly, while the characters and basics, save the princess, defeat king koopa is the same sure, but thats not the draw for the game. Its the gameplay and the level of fun it injects, its a platform game, it will always have that formula, but you cant say nintendo dont go through tremendous lengths to breath freshness into each game and make it more fun than the last. But i understand they're not for everybody. AC/COD on the other hand are the opposite, gameplay/mechanics stay the exact same, but the story changes/continues, they make very little effort to make the gameplay different/refreshing. Which is very poor show, its meant to be a game!

I do however feel let down by nintendo lately, they didnt do much with the Wii U and pulled the plug on it far too early, they did do one great thing however and thats making it backwards compatible with the Wii. Having skipped the whole Wii generation that was a great thing, as i got to try the games i missed out on with the Wii. I am picking up the new zelda for it tomorrow, which is the reason i got the WiiU in the first place. And thats shaping up to be one of the best games ever created as far as all reviews/feedback is going, and that games had the same bones since 1986, save Zelda and defeat Ganon.

Nintendo have been delivering quality up until the Wii, they took a big chance with the mechanics of that console, some really enjoyed it, alot didnt, myself included, even though its home to one of the best mario games to date... apparently, i never got around to trying it out. That evolved into the wiiU, but they still tried to hold onto the movement bullshit. Which i think done more damage to the consoles alure than without, the screen was a welcome addition however, using it to display maps/inventory was hugely convenient when i played through Windwaker again on it and a few other games. I'm actually hugely disappointed they didnt do anything with it for the new zelda game, what were they thinking???

Anyway, lets see how the switch plays out, i wont be getting one for a long while, not enough games to draw me in yet, however i probably would have got one if i couldnt play the new zelda on my WiiU.

But you gotta give Nintendo credit where it is due, they have the balls to try new things, it failed them for the Wii, but maybe the future is with the switch? lets see what they do

I have all the time in the world for them yet, I'm nearly 30 years playing their games
    Last edited by nix; 03-02-2017 at 08:05 PM.

The Old Skool Warrior Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch! LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On the other hand, I suppose I'm an early adopter.

Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch!-20170305_172324-jpg

No complaints yet. The dropped frames issue with Zelda goes away if you tell the Switch not to upscale from 720p to 1080p.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    I have my nintendo switch as well, it has a nice interface, very similar to android tv as it is written in android. I like it better than the Wii U, it has a choice between a light and dark theme (like this TFF forum page!) Cool thing about the platform is that you can now run on a 5Ghz wi-fi and I really dig the pro controller, its really nice on the hands and has big buttons.

I'm enjoying the new zelda so far, for those who are getting the switch or are sticking to the Wii U, I recommend BotW, it is really good.
    Currently Playing:

Bananarama Nintendo reveals the Nintendo Switch! Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I heard that you won't be able to save anything if you decide to go handheld. That kind of defeats the purpose, in my opinion
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I heard that you won't be able to save anything if you decide to go handheld. That kind of defeats the purpose, in my opinion
    I tried it in handheld mode and it does save games to either internal or sd card. If you insert an sd card in your system and update the software, the system saves data to sd card by default regardless of whatever mode you are in (at least for me it did.)

EDIT: What it doesn't do, data wise, is if you save to internal memory, you can't transfer the saves over (not that you want to save to internal memory anyway given you only have less than 32 GB of storage available.)
    Currently Playing: