Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Most addicting games you've ever played?

A Plain Old Derp Most addicting games you've ever played? Padraic's Avatar

Re: Most addicting games you've ever played?

Almost any Monster raising game. Like Monster Rancher Advance, Pokemon, and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (the chao part ). Also I got pretty hooked on Dissidia, especially since I was stuck in a hospital with it for 11 days -_-'. But honestly the three games I've been the most addicted to would have to be either Sonic game with Chao, Pokémon (all...) and Fire Emblem. (the first GBA one)

etak

My most addicting games are: Fallout 3, Mario Kart, Oblivion, annnnnd every Zelda game ever.

SOLDIER 3rd Class Most addicting games you've ever played? Copperfire's Avatar

The most addictive games I've played (my standard for measuring this is simple : any game that can keep me up playing it past midnight without me even noticing)

Sims 3
    Fallout 3
    Thief 3
    Spore
    Oblivion

(That's just a few, and that's probably why I don't play them much. I've been needing my sleep more than usual)

etak

I like how most people i talk to find Fallout 3 to be one, if not the most, addictive games they've played in a long time. Haha.

Shake it like a polaroid picture Most addicting games you've ever played? RagnaToad's Avatar

The game I've been most addicted to must be either Diablo II or Final Fantasy IX.

Final Fantasy IX was great to get all extras and even to replay.

Diablo II is great because you play with other people online. Plus, there are 7 different character classes, and every character can have a number of completely different 'builds', using different skills and items.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Professional Klutz. Most addicting games you've ever played? Hyzenthlay's Avatar

Harvest moon is mad addictive. I've wasted hours and hours of my life wasting away whilst planting carrots and what-not. One of my worst gaming memories was planting a whole field of tomatoes only to have them wilt. Out of season, damn it. The pain never goes away. I can't even understand why it sucks me in so bad, it just does.

Fallout and Oblivion are also big addictions to me. I have several characters on each and all of them have different friends and... Places still standing.

Oh, and world of warcraft. That's another of the games I was addicted to for a while.

Hyz.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by etak View Post
    I like how most people i talk to find Fallout 3 to be one, if not the most, addictive games they've played in a long time. Haha.
    Very true. That shit is like crack in videogame form.
    And it never seems to get old.
    victoria aut mors

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Most addicting games you've ever played? Tallulah's Avatar

This here game.

I also agree that The Sims series is very addicting. I spent half my time at university staying up until 3am trying to level up my characters to the next promotion/house. Then when it got to the part when you are controlling multiple characters it got really intense! I kept one (not my main!) back from work so he/she could clean and fix things, thus eliminating the need for a maid/repairman.

I also used to play a game called Mr. Ee on my old BBC Micro, which was essentially a copy of Mr Do! an arcade game from way back. Still play it on my emulator.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Death Before Dishonor Most addicting games you've ever played? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A addicting game that I played today was Def Jam Icon. I was a huge fan of the older series. Def Jam Vendetta, and Def Jam Fight for NY. I didn't think I would like this one cause Paul Wall is on it, but to my surprise it is a very good game. I enjoy changing the beat in the middle of the fight, and getting a boost to my strength, and speed and what nots..

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

etak

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Very true. That shit is like crack in videogame form.
    And it never seems to get old.
    Its sooo true! It never gets old, i could explore the Wasteland forever. The creepiest part of it is that im from DC, so every time i look out my window i see Fallout 3. Every time i go into the subway, all i do is look for ghouls. >.<

cloud_of_sin

final fantasy IV, V, VII, X, X-2 ,VIII, IX, XII and mystic quest
    megaman 1- 9, legends 1-2
    and bomberman game
    jet force gemini
    metroid - all of them
    star ocean....
    pokemon....
    all mario games
    all zelda games
    Knights of the old republic
    NFS- carbon
    killzone
    devil may cry
    onimusha series
    resident evil
    and number munchers.

Registered User Most addicting games you've ever played? TobiasRainey's Avatar

Mine are any Pokemon or harvest Moon game. I'm 20 years old but I still love Pokemon like I'm six again.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...or should I?

etak

Pokemon totally takes me back to when i was a kid. I think thats part of the love for it.

Registered User Most addicting games you've ever played? Toxo's Avatar

FFIV, VI, IX, XII and T were very addicting. And from Zelda-series: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. However, the most addicting game so far seems to be Lord of the Rings Online, my first online game.

Lali-hoe, I mean, ho!

Relaxin' with Final Fantasy Most addicting games you've ever played? KainsBro's Avatar

RE4, I replayed that game about 15 times, at least! Other than that, Secret of Mana, FF VI, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon and Symphony of the Night, Chrono Cross. A lot of other RPG's.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pokemon was addicting. I played Ruby and Sapphire... on my friend's GBA. I never owned them myself, but visits to his house were awesome. ^^;

I found the Sims games to be most addicting. Eventually, making my Sim use the toilet three times every twenty-four minutes, and making sure they were happy before work got old. Even with the cheats, it got boring, because I bought everything I wanted/needed, and that took the value out of most of it.

Other than that, Fallout 3 and Oblivion have taken many hours out of my time. I racked up just over two-hundred hours in Oblivion... on just one of many characters I've made. Gemma is so maxed out now, she can fall from the balcony inside the Imperial Palace, and lose just under half her health. Heh... ^^;

I've probably got about the same time in Fallout 3. I'm on my third play-through (screw trophies coming in AFTER I beat the game the first time >>; ) as a bad guy called Adrian. I have a few other characters as well, but Gemma, Morrigan and Adrian get played most often.

Also! Dark Cloud for me was addicting. I enjoyed putting the villages back together, and making sure everyone was happy with the way I set it out. I wasn't too good with the weapon development, but a lot of my weapons got levelled well enough. I liked the talking sling-shot - that was pretty cute and funny. xD;

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Dragoon Most addicting games you've ever played? TigermusiQ's Avatar
    Devon, UK (Inside a Zone-eater as it's very roomy and rent-free)

There are loads but I've an addictive personality and tend to overplay until death. (So this may be a tad overkill.)

Most FF games
    Armoured 2, 3 and For Answer
    Disgaea 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, La Pucelle: Tactics and Phantom Brave
    RE4
    Killzone
    Fallout 3
    Oblivion
    Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
    Champions of Norrath & Return to Arms
    Plants vs. Zombies
    World of Goo
    The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
    Super Smash Bros. Melee & Brawl
    Super Mario Bros. 3 & Super Mario World
    Rainbow Islands
    Lemmings/ Troddlers/ Worms (similar-ish)
    Bioshock
    Tales of Symphonia
    Suikoden V
    Drakengard 1 & 2
    Samurai/Dynasty Warriors series
    Onimusha Series
    MGS2:Substance
    Legend of Zelda:Majora's mask, Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker
    Pokemon franchise
    Halo 2
    Road Rash
    Fable
    Red Faction
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2, 3, sonic and knuckles (they're bringing out Sonic 4 in the old 2D style, woooo!)

and the crack of all RPG's = World of Warcraft

Also mini games such as Tetra Master, Bike & sub games fro FFVII and Chocobo Hot & Cold as previously mentioned... There's more games I'm sure but it's getting too long.
    ------

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face.
    I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love.
    See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below.
    I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky.
    Watching me, watching you.

Registered User Most addicting games you've ever played? Zidane77's Avatar

I would say the Football Manager games are the most addictive i've played.
    It can be hard not to think about it..

Others are:
    Super Smash Bros
    Final Fantasy (IV,VII,IX)
    The Legend of Zelda (Ocarina,Majora)
    Kingdom Hearts
    Crash Bandicoot (2,CTR)
    Super Mario Bros 3

Basically though all FF,Zelda an Mario games.
    Last edited by Zidane77; 04-13-2010 at 03:04 AM.

Registered User Most addicting games you've ever played? Zidane77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TigermusiQ View Post
    There are loads but I've an addictive personality and tend to overplay until death. (So this may be a tad overkill.)

Most FF games
    Armoured 2, 3 and For Answer
    Disgaea 1 & 2, Makai Kingdom, La Pucelle: Tactics and Phantom Brave
    RE4
    Killzone
    Fallout 3
    Oblivion
    Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
    Champions of Norrath & Return to Arms
    Plants vs. Zombies
    World of Goo
    The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
    Super Smash Bros. Melee & Brawl
    Super Mario Bros. 3 & Super Mario World
    Rainbow Islands
    Lemmings/ Troddlers/ Worms (similar-ish)
    Bioshock
    Tales of Symphonia
    Suikoden V
    Drakengard 1 & 2
    Samurai/Dynasty Warriors series
    Onimusha Series
    MGS2:Substance
    Legend of Zelda:Majora's mask, Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker
    Pokemon franchise
    Halo 2
    Road Rash
    Fable
    Red Faction
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2, 3, sonic and knuckles (they're bringing out Sonic 4 in the old 2D style, woooo!)

and the crack of all RPG's = World of Warcraft

Also mini games such as Tetra Master, Bike & sub games fro FFVII and Chocobo Hot & Cold as previously mentioned... There's more games I'm sure but it's getting too long.

I love that you like Tron Bonne

Morrowind: game of the year edition (ok its no oblivion but it has alot to offer and there is soooo much to do, i tried doing it all once but i just couldnt)

Fable 2: (ok i'll admit i liked the first one better but this one had me hooked)

ff7,8,10,12: (for obvious reasons)

Halo 3: (due to forge and the ability to creat you own level and play it via xboxlive)

Call of Duty Mordern warfare 1: (unlike the second one after completetion you get an extra level and arcade mode, i played constantly just to try and beat my own time/score on each level)

Thats a list of recent games ive been addicted to but there is a hell of alot more

Let's make it rain. Most addicting games you've ever played? Jonathanx221's Avatar

I've never really been addicted to a game like I was for Mass Effect 2. I couldn't stop playing, and when I did, I wanted to go back and play it again ASAP. I could never put down ocarina of time when I first played it, or twilight princess. Oblivion did that to me as well... I dunno. Most addicting game, well let's put it this way, I played Final Fantasy 13 for 12 hours straight, I've never done that before... So maybe that's the winner.

The real reason why the rum is gone Most addicting games you've ever played? Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

Most FF games for me (especially 10)

And I know this is going back a bit, but I was seriously addicted to Sonic Adventure 1+2 when I was younger. I literally spent all day playing them. I miss them haha.

frayjog

Uncharted Waters: New Horizons

Little Pandemonic Carnival Most addicting games you've ever played? Insufficient Mage's Avatar

Persona 3 and 4 are incredibly addicting, I remember spending every waking hour playing them for days. Yes, I spent some of that time level-grinding but the majority of it was all social links.

And even though I'm terrible at Touhou games they are so hard to turn off once you start playing. Especially Shoot The Bullet, since you don't have to start all over once you lose, because its only bosses. I'd spend hours on my computer just playing Touhou... Mostly Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, Immaterial and Missing Power, Imperishable Night and Shoot The Bullet.

I also feel the need to mention Mario Tennis for the GameBoy Color, I played the hell out of that cartridge. Doubles matches were so much fun!

Oblivion. So damn addicting, I love it. Although I haven't played it for a while but I have the urge again, thanks Josh. =P

Um Final Fantasy VII and VIII were both very addicting for me. Pokemon games can still be addicting and uhm, Saints Row 2 and GTA San Andreas have taken up a lot of my hours. =D

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

Dragoon Most addicting games you've ever played? TigermusiQ's Avatar
    Devon, UK (Inside a Zone-eater as it's very roomy and rent-free)

Quote Originally Posted by Zidane77 View Post
    I love that you like Tron Bonne
    Yeah, love it. Action, puzzle and RPG elements done in cute animation... Loves it, still own a psone copy of it.

Also on my list would be:

Magna Carta
    Destruction Darby 1 & 2
    Crash Bandicoot 1-3 & CTR (CTR was the most addictive Kart game I've played) Followed by-
    Super Mario Kart: Double Dash
    Rayman
    Breath of Fire IV
    Devil May Cry series
    Wiz 'n' Liz
    ------

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face.
    I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love.
    See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below.
    I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky.
    Watching me, watching you.

Entropic Adversary Most addicting games you've ever played? Leonknight's Avatar

Dragon Age-Origins for me. I pre ordered it and when i got it, i didn't stop playing it for like 2 weeks. Well that is an over exageration of course but you all get what i mean
    "Embrace the Stillness of Eternity"

Blog Entries

I've noticed something about Bethesda Role Playing Games; they devour my soul. Morrowind, Oblivion, and now Fallout 3 have all sucked me in, so that I forget to do other things (or just prefer not to do other things, heh.) Oblivion did it to me TWICE, in fact. And last night, I was up until 5 AM playing Fallout 3. And then today when I woke up... I played Fallout 3 for a few more hours, until I had to go to work. And then when I got home... I played it a little longer, before I went to hang out with friends. There were things I had half planned to do this afternoon, too, and I barely got a shower and ate something before I had to leave, ha.

Also, I remember back in the day when playing Final Fantasy 6 for the first time, thinking, "This is a pretty fun game." And then a few days later, there was a point when I went outside to get the mail. It was the middle of Summer, and a beautiful day. I thought, "It sure is a beautiful day outside, and I'd really like to spend some time out here, but I've got to go back in and play more FF6."

Also, Warcraft II devoured my soul for a whole Summer back in '96. And Longer. We didn't own it; a friend had lent it to us. So when he took it back, I went through withdrawals until I could play it again. That was pretty bad. I remember getting pissed off at my parents for making me stop playing a few times, and I had "Only got to play for a couple hours!" Gah.

There have been a few others, but those stand out the most to me. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: I was gonna start a new thread, but I searched and saw that this was relatively new still... then again, April was two months ago now...

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ Most addicting games you've ever played? Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

OMG there are so many

All of the Final Fantasies
    Resistance Fall of Man
    Bad Company
    The Darkness
    Assassin's Creed
    Skate
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1, 2, and 3
    Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
    Heavenly Sword
    F.E.A.R.
    All the Silent Hills
    Kuon
    Dead Space
    The Matrix: Path of Neo (idk why that game kinda sucked)
    All the Resident Evils
    Diablo 1 and 2
    Starcraft
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai 1, 2, and 3
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3
    Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3, and 4

ugh I know I'm leaving out a bunch...

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

The Bird Of Hermes Most addicting games you've ever played? Dancing_Corpse's Avatar

Mine was Tombi I loved it so much i played it even when i died and attacked my tv

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast