Thread: Metroid thread

Certified tech, come at me! Metroid thread SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Metroid thread

Started playing this game series again, I'm playing a 4th time through Super Metroid and i'm making good progress in the game. If you've played the metroid series before, if any, what did you like about it? the exploring, the item collecting, taking down space pirates.

I like the series because I like to go around hunting for all the expansions and I like shooting down all the bad guys with the different beams. Basically I like collecting the items in the game the most, it feels really rewarding in doing so.

For those of you who don't know what metroid is and never played it. The metroid series are action games where it takes the platforming of mario and combines it with the exploration in zelda. The nature of each game is to explore planets and you collect power-ups on the way and you take down different bosses you encounter. The first few games are in 3rd person perspective and a few others are First-Person shooters.

EDIT: Forgot to add this for those who have never played it. You play as a female armor-clad bounty hunter named Samus Aran and she travels to each planet eliminating threats.
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 07-21-2010 at 11:03 AM.
    Currently Playing:

Memento Rhapso Metroid thread Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Metroid thread

I got into Metroid when the Prime series came out. So far I like the series a lot. I just wish maybe they'd stop remaking Ridley. Seems like they'd run outta parts or something lol. Anyway, I am a 100% junkie, and this series is best for that type of stuff. I have 99% in my Metroid Prime Hunter's file. Which brings to this, do you play Hunter's Sabin/anyone? If so, favourite character? Strategies? Tricks? I like Sylux for his drain ability, and his Morph Ball mode has a very handing glitch. Normally, you can lay two bombs which make a net between them, like a trip wire, and if you lay a third they chain together and close in to explode. If you catch an opponent with the two chain, as soon as the bomb hits them, keep tapping the bomb button for a stream of bombs at them. Kinda cheap, but effective.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Blog Entries

I have played Hunters but I didn't really like that entry that much. I prefer the 3rd person style gameplay on Metroid/Zero Mission, Metroid 2, Super Metroid, Fusion, and the upcoming Other M.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries

Ok lol if you don't like First Person versions, maybe a new topic?
    Favourite boss? I like Kraid for his level music. Very hypnotic song, elegant and whatnot. I can't recall her name, but the Opposite Samus who hunts you in Fusion I think? Blank, pupiless eyes?

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

Blog Entries

Thats the SA-X, my favorite boss is Mother Brain (SM) since you obtain the Hyper Beam at that point and then you get to dispose of her with it. My second favorite boss is Ridley because its awesome each time you fight him and I like the music playing in the background when you get to fight him.
    Currently Playing:

Mark Wough

I think it would be but i think first are always better..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin Rene Figaro View Post
    Thats the SA-X, my favorite boss is Mother Brain (SM) since you obtain the Hyper Beam at that point and then you get to dispose of her with it. My second favorite boss is Ridley because its awesome each time you fight him and I like the music playing in the background when you get to fight him.
    Yeah, although Ridley is constantly re-built, it's for a reason lol. I liked his latest appearance in Metrois Prime 3: Corruption, the battle falling down the chamber was amazing.

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

I personally still think the Metroid for SNES was the best.
    UWAAAOOOAAAOOO!! I'm Gau. I'm your friend. Let's travel together!

-Gau