Thread: Mass Effect Andromeda

Bananarama Mass Effect Andromeda Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mass Effect Andromeda

Your thoughts so far?

I just built my character and am a little disappointed that I couldn't make him as pale as I am in these winter months.

Also, on xbox, the "contact" button is Y. Wtf
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The Mad God Mass Effect Andromeda Heartless Angel's Avatar
    That's because the game was designed by a huge racist, but nobody cares about racism if it's against whites.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    I made my character based off of the whitest template offered, and he still looks way more like Donald Glover than me.

Why are there literally 50 hair colors, but you can't make a character with a buzz cut and light stubble? I can make a skinhead with a beard that is too thick, dark and doesn't match the sideburns.

At the end of the day, I'm not going to care all that much, but when given the option to design my character, I always try to make it look like myself. This is especially true if I plan on carrying my character over the course of a few games. I'm a pretty average looking white guy. Buzzed hair and some stubble because I'm lazy. I look like the caricature of your typical white guy. Shit, I should be a default character model because of how average I look.

Also, it was pretty disconcerting to read what Bioware /EA has become now. Sounds like the jv/ sjw crew really got to take the reins. The tweets from some of the developers made me angry and sad. Both for the future and for the future of this series.

I'm surprised they didn't force you to play as some 400 lb chick with purple hair.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

I'm surprised you have any faith at all in EA

Blog Entries
    I loved the first 3 games and enjoyed Dragon Age. I tried to avoid reading anything about the new game, mostly to maintain the element of surprise.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Mass Effect Andromeda Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    That's because the game was designed by a huge racist, but nobody cares about racism if it's against whites.
    They fired him the other day, good riddance, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    I'm surprised you have any faith at all in EA
    They had a pretty great run these last few years, I was kinda hoping the trend will continue.

I think I'll wait for certain things to get polished, the animation quality is disappointing for sure, but nothing new for WRPG's in my opinion. What concerns me the most though is the story and dialogue itself, from what I hear both seem to suffer in quality, shame, the main studio should have developed this game.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

The Mad God Mass Effect Andromeda Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Really? I heard they just let his contract expire like pussies so they didn't have to address anything he did.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

After going through some articles it seems you are right (not sure why I got the impression he was fired) shame, because that dude is a racist twat.

What did he do?

Consistently Average Mass Effect Andromeda Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Who're you guys talking about? I've only been following mtg news recently so I feel I'm out of the loop.

I haven't touched the Mass Effect series for one reason or another so I don't have any real interest in getting andromeda. Ive seen some gameplay and cut scene vids on YouTube and wasn't wowed.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Blog Entries
    Just Google Manveer Heir.

He's essentially just a non-white supremacist, meaning he's all about hating white people, publicly.

It makes sense why EA is trying to do a ton of damage control. What I don't understand is how things got do screwed up between Dragon Age Inquisition and this.

My biggest complaint though has to deal with the menu during battle. I definitely have healing items, but I have no idea how to equip them. It's annoying. Part of me wishes there would have been a brief tutorial.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Part of me wishes there would have been a brief tutorial.
    If it's anything like ME2 and 3 there is a Tutorial, you just have to access it from your Personal Computer. No guarantee though, I haven't installed the game yet.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    There are brief tutorials, if only in a simplistic "hit a then b" format.

I miss the old days of fully fleshed out instruction manuals. I know it's a monetary waste now, but I'd love to receive a novel detailing the events leading up to a new game.

Also, somewhere in this post is my very white character that is supposed to look like me. Literally maxed out the pale on the whitest template.

Mass Effect Andromeda-20170323_181038-jpg
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Why can't we have a 30 hour tutorial like FF13?
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

How did you guys like Andromeda? I didn't buy it at launch because of the negative criticism but I've thinking of giving it a go anyway.
    Last edited by JamieDom; 06-25-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    Personally, I liked it. Some parts of the story seemed either rushed or like they came out of nowhere, but I felt like the gameplay was fairly solid. I liked the characters, even if they might not feel as memorable as in the first games.

The one thing that might make or break the game for you is that there is a LOT of driving. The planets you explore are pretty massive and have their own feel and dangers about them. It's really important that you have the vehicle around because it helps to protect you from environmental damage from hostile climates. I personally found that a little annoying.

Otherwise, fairly solid game. I'd give it a shot.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

ME:A is a side story.

Don't waste your time if you aren't a huge ME fan imo.

Game had nothing remarkable, nothing made me say "I need to do a second playthrough"

Combat sucks.
    Characters suck.
    Liam sucks.
    The worlds suck.
    Combat sucks.

The game sucked but looks really nice!

If you're a fan of ME, go ahead and give it a try cause you'd rather see it with your own eyes.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I enjoyed it for what it was. granted I did play with the latest 1.10 patch so I didn't encounter many issues. Biggest problem with Mass Effect Andromeda is that it introduced so many concepts without fleshing any of it, so you end up with a game that doesn't know what it wants to be. Most characters were also bit on the weak side, villain in particular was a real letdown. What disappointed me the most though is the exploration, how planets played into it, that is. You land on a drop dead gorgeous planet then you soon find out that the difference between this planet and the previous one is marginal at best.

Mass Effect Andromeda is not without its strengths. Unlike Mass Effect 2 $ 3 this one felt like an actual RPG. You could develop your character, team, gear, etc. The combat was tight and addictive, you weren't forced to just one approach. finding random gun that turns out to be more powerful than your shotgun was satisfying. But what I liked perhaps the most about Andromeda is how it connected to previous games story wise. It didn't go overboard, it just gave you enough to make you go giddy.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I played Mass Effect because ...... Mass Effect, what! It is true that it changes the original trilogy and this gamepley pleases me.
    -The game is not nearly as ugly as it was suggested. Certainly, the facial animations of the characters are sometimes very messed up (note that those of the first trilogy were not always at the top either ...) but not all. The majority of environments are pretty, even beautiful.
    -I play in Vost and the dubbing is pretty good in English. I abandoned the VF in Mass Effect since ME2 and I do not regret anything ^^
    -The NOMAD is a million times more fun to drive than the Hammerhead or Mako, even if it does not have weapons.
    -The exploration / research / crafting / Base building side is very fun, although it is sometimes a little hot to unlock some weapons, armor and modifications.
    -Enemies are much stronger than in the first trilogy.

Last edited by avensis; 09-08-2019 at 12:35 PM.