Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Mass Effect 3 Xanatos's Avatar

Mass Effect 3

Bioware pulled another **** move, not as huge as the one Capcom did with their latest game though, still, 10$ for 30 minutes of gameplay riped out of original game is outrages if you ask me.

As for the game itself, I'm 10 hours into it so it's still bit early to make a proper judgment. One thing I'm certain about, Mass Effect 3 doesn't deserve the slack it got from those trolls on metacritic. At the same time I feel reviewers ****ed up again as majority of them kept a blind eye on a quite a few flaws, usual trend when it comes to "AAA titles" I'm afraid.

The biggest grudge players have with Mass Effect 3, aside from the first day DLC, are apparently a horrible ending/s that leaves us with more questions than answers, in other words more room for another DLC, and game being not quite original (this link contains major spoilers).

As for my personal experience with Mass Effect 3 so far, aside occasional texture problems the game looks simply gorgeous, I've even taken few screenshots of beautiful scenery I might post in this thread later on. The scanning system is not as annoying as it was, reapers can be though. I'm also glad to see there's some customization in this game as it was almost non existent in Mass Effect 2. At one point this game reminded me of the original Mass Effect as I was bombarded with sidequests, a lot of them seem out of place considering the situation, though I think I would bitch even more if there were none. Gathering assets is also fun for now, though from what I hear they don't really affect the final outcome.

Overall I feel there's not much improvement over second game in the series, at least not as much I as hoped it would be.

Edit: I forgot to mention the music, Clint Mansell did an amazing job along with promo work by Two Steps From Hell.

Your take on final part of Mass Effect trilogy. Potential spoilers wrap in spoiler tag please.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 03-11-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Re: Mass Effect 3

I'm loving the game and I was actually content with the ending it was pretty traditional to the genre which was cool to see. I've seen a few bugs with multiplayer that have induced my gamer rage but I think it is my own connection problem.

There were a few times in the the game where I was like...really this is it? Mostly with interaction from characters from the last game. I did have one glitch where Shepherd's top lip was gone for a whole scene. It was pretty funny to watch him talk with a lip missing so you could only see his teeth.
    EBG

The Old Skool Warrior Mass Effect 3 LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The people who are upset about the day one DLC need to realize that the ONLY reason it was available at launch was because it was meant as a bonus for Collector's Editions only, and when the community made an uproar about not being able to get the content, they went ahead and released it to the general populace as well.

So, yes, it was always MEANT to be released at launch, but it was not meant to be available to everyone.

If people want to be upset for -that- reason, it's perfectly fine. The problem is that most people are upset because they think that they're automatically entitled to the content for free simply because it was available on launch day, like they were getting "ripped off" by the developers.

...sorry, it's just... I'm tired of seeing the exact same uninformed complaint all over the internet.

As for the game, I am absolutely loving it. Quite enjoyable. Heard a lot of buzz about "bad" endings, how you get shafted no matter what you do... but Mass Effect was always planned as a trilogy. There will be lots of ways to expand the game universe through stories of other characters and races, so I doubt this will be the last of it.

Tough to judge how far I am through the game. Let's just say that I'm about to start the second "Priority: The Citadel" mission and leave it at that.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

What angers me personally about this DLC, some other DLC's outthere as well, it was initially part of the game despite what Bioware claims, and they took it out to sell it separately. Imagine buying a car, the guy who sells that car takes one seat out of it and says "the car still runs perfectly fine, but if you want this seat it will cost you extra". What's even worse, the entire thing's not worth 10$. In the end it's their product, they can do with it whatever they want and sell it however they want... though it came down to this...

Aside all haters, I think Bioware managed to deliver a quality game, I'm having fun with Mass Effect 3 and who knows, it just might turn out to be better than Mass Effect 2. Also, here's hopping they don't milk this franchise to death.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos
    The biggest grudge players have with Mass Effect 3, aside from the first day DLC, are apparently a horrible ending/s that leaves us with more questions than answers, in other words more room for another DLC, and game being not quite original (this link contains major spoilers).
    I'm actually quite furious about the uproar that came out because of that. It was believed that the DLC was cut content from the game (due to the content of the DLC surrounding the additional character). It wasn't cut content at all, and was designed by another team. As Loco has already said (and like Loco, I'm pretty tired with seeing this misinformation everywhere), it was made for the Collector's Edition ONLY and everyone else has to pay for it. Considering the Collector's Edition here is £60 (£20 MORE than the standard), then us Collector's Edition owners have already paid for the DLC. People with the standard only have to purchase it. So it's not a **** move at all - gamers are just greedy, and believe they're entitled to free shit for simply being consumers.

It really isn't cut content, and I believe that claim. If it was, then what the hell was the point or incentive of the Collector's Edition? Not only that, but the guy you get as a team member in the DLC is already in the game as a standard NPC, so you're not missing out on part of the main story and can still talk to him. The DLC gives you him and a mission. That's it. Big deal. It's not life changing or threatening.

I've yet to play my copy. I need to finished Mass Effect 2. To do that, I need to (SPOILERS... maybe?) get around my rage of Jack and Miranda having a falling out and me not being able to regain trust with one or the other. ¬¬;

From what I've seen though... I can't wait.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

If you think DLC is a good thing, you're an idiot. Its ruining gaming and a cheap way to make a few extra bucks. If all gamers simply didnt bother buying DLC, they wouldnt make it, but majority of the retards have no restraint and gladly pay way more than one should and the game doesnt even last as long as games used to even with the DLC.

So these days, your paying more money for easier shorter games, so you end up buying more games alot more frequently.

How far up your ass does their cock have to be before you realise they're fucking you?

Collectors edition? Just a fancier word these days for downloaded content.

I remember getting the Metal gear solid collectors edition when the game first came out, i got the game (full game), a sound track, dog tags, a tshirt, a savage poster and other bits and bobs and paid less than one has to pay for a standard game these days that doesnt have "collectors edition" or DLC.

Majority of gamers these days are dumb fucks, the current gaming trend is testament to that.. The games are far to easy/short! To warrant paying the prices they're asking..

[/random rant]

Rawr!
    Last edited by nix; 03-11-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Bioware pulled another **** move, not as huge as the one Capcom did with their latest game though, still, 10$ for 30 minutes of gameplay riped out of original game is outrages if you ask me.
    Xbox DVD's only hold 7 GBS of memory, the game in total without the DLC is 14GB. I'm sure they took this into account when developing the game.

As for the game itself, I'm 10 hours into it so it's still bit early to make a proper judgment. One thing I'm certain about, Mass Effect 3 doesn't deserve the slack it got from those trolls on metacritic. At the same time I feel reviewers ****ed up again as majority of them kept a blind eye on a quite a few flaws, usual trend when it comes to "AAA titles" I'm afraid.
    I was actually pretty taken back by that. I don't really see a reason to troll it, other than the DLC fiasco which isn't that big of a deal in my eyes anyways.

I'll get to this later.

As for my personal experience with Mass Effect 3 so far, aside occasional texture problems the game looks simply gorgeous, I've even taken few screenshots of beautiful scenery I might post in this thread later on. The scanning system is not as annoying as it was, reapers can be though. I'm also glad to see there's some customization in this game as it was almost non existent in Mass Effect 2. At one point this game reminded me of the original Mass Effect as I was bombarded with sidequests, a lot of them seem out of place considering the situation, though I think I would bitch even more if there were none. Gathering assets is also fun for now, though from what I hear they don't really affect the final outcome.
    I don't know how the PS3 and PC fair, but I was fairly disappointed with some of the graphics. So many low res textures that are things seen often in the game, like Shepards uniform in the beginning cutscene. I eventually tuned it out though, its not like it was a huge problem. There definitely is some beautiful scenes in this game
    SPOILER!!:
    Like when Shepard is sitting next to Anderson after he got shot looking at Earth as its being destroyed by the Reapers. Its gorgeous.

Overall I feel there's not much improvement over second game in the series, at least not as much I as hoped it would be.
    There really isn't any major improvements, no groundbreaking new features (unless you count multiplayer), no new customizations (which I was pretty upset with 2, I loved the original games customization of Armor and Weapons. Some say its too in depth, but i really enjoyed it.) Not really a graphics overhaul, it definitely looks better, but its nothing huge.

Edit: I forgot to mention the music, Clint Mansell did an amazing job along with promo work by Two Steps From Hell.
    Yes, yes he did. Love TSFH a lot btw.

Your take on final part of Mass Effect trilogy. Potential spoilers wrap in spoiler tag please.[/QUOTE]

I explained quite a bit in responding to your OP.
    The game is a solid game. Gameplay features were enhanced, everything flows smoother, no awkward features. Graphics Enhanced.
    I have been bothered by the story after the first game. I'm going to spoiler it just in case someone hasn't played the second or is intending to start on the series.
    SPOILER!!:
    After the first game you know that the Reapers are heading towards the galaxy to destroy it. Its their time, the end of the cycle is near. And you have nothing to show for it. I don't know the exact time period is between 1 and 3, but you literally gain nothing from it. Everything you do in 3 is what I thought 2 should have been. It felt like one big filler. You do nothing to prepare for the Reapers, you just stop the collectors and it sets up Cerberus pretty well. Even delayed the Reapers for 3 years and killing millions of Batarians just gets you court marshaled and stuck on Earth.

And this is my response to the end of the game
    SPOILER!!:
    One of two things.
    1. I notice that a lot of people online are considering the ending in which Shepard survives is the true ending or perfect ending. I don't see this as the case at all. In one ending you have all synthetic life die and you survive, the other you control Reapers, but lose your physical body. Lastly you create some new type of life form fuzing Organics and Synthetics (everyone survives except Shepard) I personally like the third choice, but I don't think that there is a true ending, i think its up to the players
    2.I don't consider the catalyst to be a huge downer on the ending. Unexpected not entirely, the Reapers had a reason to do what they did. My guesses were; They harvested life to survive or the killed so that no one could surpass them (protheans ending up doing that). Neither were right, but something controlling them doesn't seem to far fetched. Of course it leaves questions like who created the catalyst and/or programmed it. I personally thought it was set in place by a highly advanced synthetic race who valued smaller organic races and they they should be given a chance to prosper like everyone else. Either way it doesn't really matter. Nor would it play a huge part on the story even if you did find out why.

The Old Skool Warrior Mass Effect 3 LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bias x View Post
    I don't know how the PS3 and PC fair, but I was fairly disappointed with some of the graphics. So many low res textures that are things seen often in the game, like Shepards uniform in the beginning cutscene. I eventually tuned it out though, its not like it was a huge problem. There definitely is some beautiful scenes in this game
    When quoting your post, I had to highlight it all and delete it quick! Content of spoiler posts show up in all their glory when quoting... and unlike most other games, this has been one game that I have succeeded in actually avoiding spoilers!

...that said, here's what's actually relevant to what I quoted:

PS3's textures are roughly the same as 360, but it's a bit smoother due to the higher processing power. Doesn't hold a candle to the PC version though, but that's to be expected. With a handful of exceptions, textures in the PC version are all fantastic, and the live gameplay looks as good or better than the little pre-rendered scenes in all cases encountered thus far.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Mass Effect 3 ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Absolutely loving the game. After having trouble with my preorders in Gamestation here in the UK, I was able to get it off amazon. I haven't had much time to play it between work and having to finish a perfect playthrough of ME2, but it's an awesome game.

I find that the gameplay at times resembles Gears of War (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), which as that suggests, the game is a lot more action orientated than the first two.

One thing I don't like though is the lack of chosen dialogue so far. Most scenes are predetermined, which are ok, but I would rather have the choices I had in the first two to be able to shape Shep in the way you want.

Overall though, it's a well constructed, awesome game that I can see putting a lot of hours into. I have a day off tomorrow, so I know what I will be doing.

Also, on a side note, I wasn't too mad about this day one DLC, until I read into what you actually get. That's when I got mad. Also the fact that it has been revealed that it is alledgedly on the disc already. DLC is getting rediculous.

There really isn't any major improvements, no groundbreaking new features (unless you count multiplayer), no new customizations (which I was pretty upset with 2, I loved the original games customization of Armor and Weapons. Some say its too in depth, but i really enjoyed it.) Not really a graphics overhaul, it definitely looks better, but its nothing huge.
    For what it's worth customization's better than what we have in Mass Effect 2, though still not good enough. Ever since first Mass Effect the games have been watered down in terms of customization and RPG elements in general, shame though as first one, while has it's fair share of flaws, is brilliant.

Yes, yes he did. Love TSFH a lot btw.
    I went through entire soundtrack and it's really great, "A Future for the Krogan" would be my favorite piece, it reminds me a lot of Dragon Age Origins. As for Two Steps From Hell, love their work on both Mass Effect 2 & 3, "Protectors of the Earth" is a really great piece of theirs.

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    PS3's textures are roughly the same as 360, but it's a bit smoother due to the higher processing power. Doesn't hold a candle to the PC version though, but that's to be expected. With a handful of exceptions, textures in the PC version are all fantastic, and the live gameplay looks as good or better than the little pre-rendered scenes in all cases encountered thus far.
    Sigh, I REALLY wish they hadn't created a stupid system like Cerberus Points to download DLC's and such for the PC or else I would have re-bought all the games now that I have a fitting PC to handle games.

Disappointing.
    EDIT: Screw it I'm doing it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    Also, on a side note, I wasn't too mad about this day one DLC, until I read into what you actually get. That's when I got mad. Also the fact that it has been revealed that it is alledgedly on the disc already. DLC is getting rediculous.
    It not on the disc. Javick was only implemented on the disc, none of his dialogue options, the new weapons, Eden Prime mission aren't there.
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1220...source=twitter
    Last edited by Mystyrion; 03-12-2012 at 05:02 PM.

This is my sin... Mass Effect 3 Lucid's Avatar

95% of the game was amazing. It was just the ending that sucked. Everything else up to that point was great. But you should see all the people raging about the ending over on the Bioware forums.
    Spoiler:
    Still, the moment the fleets arrive to save Earth is probably one of the best scenes in the whole game.

The music was also pretty amazing as well though.
    My favorite tracks are "A Future for the Krogan", "I'm Sorry", "Stand Strong Stand Together", "The Fleets Arrive" and "An End Once and For All".

"People bitch way too much nowdays", my motto when it comes to video games. I thought that was the exact same case with Mass Effect 3 ending, but goddamn, fans were right, it's bad, really bad...

Spoiler:
    Deus Ex much Bioware, actually that's an insult to Deus Ex since it's endings fit and make sense, worst thing though, everything I did through first two games, even collecting war assets in Mass Effect 3, it doesn't have any impact on the ending.

I could write a huge wall of text as to why last 15 minutes of the game are pretty much epic fail, but why bother when these two gentleman summed it up perfectly fine.

For what it worth I enjoyed playing Mass Effect 3 more than it's predecessor, up until the ending that is, I'm afraid Bioware failed to deliver even the smallest portion of their promises. I haven't been disappointed like this since Dragon Age II, ironically made by the same company.

Registered User Mass Effect 3 Layle's Avatar

What do you all mean per say I mean that isnt a problem at the moment and it shouldent become one right.

And if you want to write on a wall just do then erase it before someone sees it!

hehe , seriously thought why is it such a big deal?

.... JK Look just let out your anger with a good game of punch the wall !
    if that doesnt make you feel better go rob a bank!... JK
    just chill out alright IM out PEACE!!!!
    Layle Crystal BearerGOT A PROBLEM WITH IT?

So what is this talk of more DLC for a different ending or epilogue??
    EBG

Mystyrion

"People bitch way too much nowdays", my motto when it comes to video games. I thought that was the exact same case with Mass Effect 3 ending, but goddamn, fans were right, it's bad, really bad...

[CENTER]
    The only thing I really agree with is
    :
    the fact that the 3 endings aren't vastly different and the relays getting destroyed, with part of your team going through one.

Everything else falls under your motto.

That guy has an incredibly good garrus voice haha.
    Second guy is way to boring to watch for 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
    Next is rumor was Bioware had a DLC in the making that would 'bring closure' to the fans, but IGN just posted this today.
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221...source=twitter
    Last edited by Mystyrion; 03-19-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Spoilerd some stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
    If Bioware does make another ending, not that I really care about it right now to be honest, it better be free. It would be silly to say the least to pay for something that should have been in Mass Effect 3 in the first place.

Though I guess our biggest concern regarding such DLC should be, will our decisions through the franchise have any impact on the ending this time, however knowing Bioware they'll probably slap another color, yellow perhaps, and charge it 10 $.

Second guy is way to boring to watch for 20 minutes.
    It's Angry Joe, he's usually angry as his name suggest and rather entertaining. I do suggest you watch his video as he has several excellent points.

This ain't no place for no hero Mass Effect 3 Tiffany's Avatar

I beat the game the other day.

My Ending:
    I got the "best" Synthesis ending. As I was finishing the game my husband came back with our daughter and his Mom and I got distracted. I didn't even realize that there were 2 other choices. /idiot.

Ahh well, I probably would've chose that ending anyways. Hubby got the "best" Destroy ending.

I can totally see why people are ticked about the ending. For all the choices you make through the entire.freaking.series to end up with a generic ending was kind of a kick in the teeth. HOWEVER (caps for emphasis lol) there's a part of me that's always found that the entire series was dark to a certain extent and there was a big part of me that questioned if everything was going to be tied up in a pretty little bow.

SPOILER!!:
    Like Shepard surviving the Crucibles shockwave thingy, reuniting with the love interest and living together peacefully etc.

Part of me feels like they really tried to keep it real in a sense, that not all stories have "happy" endings per se. Either way, I still really enjoyed the Trilogy. Only thing that pisses me off?

SPOILER!!:
    In ME2 I romanced Thane. To get the Paramore achievement you either start or rekindle a relationship. I tried to rekindle with Thane, he goes and dies on me and then I didn't have any options as I had shot everyone else down. So much for being faithful!

One thing I really, really liked though (sorry for all the spoilers, better safe than sorry!)

SPOILER!!:
    Is the doing-in with the whole Paragon/Renegade thing. Sometimes you make hard, shitty choices because its the best one. But all life isn't lived that way. Same with making good choices. The fact that it doesn't matter anymore if you max out Paragon or Renegade was pretty cool IMHO. Also how for some missions choosing Renegade options would be better, vs Paragon ones in others.

Mystyrion
    Well it's confirmed now. A DLC is coming out that will give closure to the ending.
    I'll post a link when I get home or you can just find it on ign's site (that's where I found it at least)

EDIT: Here you are
    Last edited by Mystyrion; 03-21-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bias reduX View Post
    A DLC is coming out that will give closure to the ending.
    I'm not quite sure what they mean by this...

- will all those plot holes be fixed?

- will our decisions through franchise have any impact on the ending this time?

- will there be several genuinely different endings?

- will they charge for this?

My guess is no, no, no and yes.

Somehow I got this weird impression that Bioware believes fans are outraged because ending turned out to be rather dark, while that may be the case with some fans I think majority, myself included, kinda expected such outcome, or at least one of the outcomes, I just hope they address the real issues here. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if they planned this all along, earn few extra bucks.

Edit: or simply confirm the Indoctrination Theory to save both sides a lot of headache, I wish Square did the same with Ultimecia - Rinoa theory.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 03-21-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Mystyrion

I thought this was worth bumping.
    Here is the original ending for Mass Effect 3.
    News: Mass Effect writer Drew Karpyshyn reveals original Mass Effect 3 endings - Strategy Informer

I thought this was worth bumping.
    Here is the original ending for Mass Effect 3.
    News: Mass Effect writer Drew Karpyshyn reveals original Mass Effect 3 endings - Strategy Informer
    It does sound interesting and that decision at the end of the game would make for quite a dilemma, though I guess it all depends how it might have been incorporated into Mass Effect 3 and it's toll on earlier games, for what it's worth I think it might have been a way better ending than this piece of shit we got.

I would like to hear your thoughts Bias.

Mystyrion

Well like the article says, everything you do in the games is still moot.
    There isn't huge detail on it, but if they incorporated some differences like:
    How many alliances you forge throughout the games will tell you success rate of overcoming the darkness after destroying the reapers
    Or become indoctrinated and have your place among the reapers rather than being sacrificed to become a human reaper
    And a third option to forge an alliance with the reapers, having a balance of good and evil throughout your career.
    But then again if they did that, why couldn't they just have tweaked the current ending to make it have your choices have more consequences in the end. Thats my only real gripe with the ending. That and my ship mysteriously running through a relay in the heat of battle.

I don't know, I just don't like the whole darkness thing. I prefer the broken ending we have. I am curious to see what will happen when the DLC comes out. Shouldn't be to far away.

Not a very good plot twist IMO. Reminds me of Fable III
    SPOILER!!:
    How you overturn your brother to find out that he wasn't trying to be evil, he was trying to save the world. From the darkness....

Mystyrion

I'm not quite sure what they mean by this...

- will all those plot holes be fixed?
    Unsure
    - will our decisions through franchise have any impact on the ending this time?
    Probably not, its more of a directors cut ending. I imagine they will change things up a little though.
    - will there be several genuinely different endings?
    Probably not.
    - will they charge for this?
    No, its free until April 2014.

Somehow I got this weird impression that Bioware believes fans are outraged because ending turned out to be rather dark, while that may be the case with some fans I think majority, myself included, kinda expected such outcome, or at least one of the outcomes, I just hope they address the real issues here. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if they planned this all along, earn few extra bucks.
    To be honest I don't think that at all, nor do I still understand why people are so frustrated by having similar endings. Bioware has pretty much pushed your decisions to the side regardless.
    If you kill the council, nothing happens, it hardly effects the game in 2 and 3. If you elect Anderson, he resigns and Udina takes his place. If you choose not to destroy the Reaper base you get a little more support for the final battle. Almost all of the choices you made throughout all 3 games have little relevance to the ending other than your war assets. People should be more upset with the series overall than just 3.
    Bioware was trying to tell people a story about the legendary Commander Shepard and his conquering of the Reapers. I believe the reason the three ending were so similar was to give it a single ending. One canon ending. No open endings, this isn't your story, its theirs, type of deal.
    Which yes was stupid for them to do that, but I wasn't exactly surprised by it. Its something I complained about in 2, that my choices from the first game had little to do with the second.

Sorry for the double post
    And sorry for completely missing this Xanatos.
    Last edited by Mystyrion; 04-24-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Unsure
    Probably not, its more of a directors cut ending. I imagine they will change things up a little though.
    Probably not.
    No, its free until April 2014.
    I figured out that much by now.

To be honest I don't think that at all, nor do I still understand why people are so frustrated by having similar endings. Bioware has pretty much pushed your decisions to the side regardless.
    If you kill the council, nothing happens, it hardly effects the game in 2 and 3. If you elect Anderson, he resigns and Udina takes his place. If you choose not to destroy the Reaper base you get a little more support for the final battle. Almost all of the choices you made throughout all 3 games have little relevance to the ending other than your war assets. People should be more upset with the series overall than just 3.
    Bioware was trying to tell people a story about the legendary Commander Shepard and his conquering of the Reapers. I believe the reason the three ending were so similar was to give it a single ending. One canon ending. No open endings, this isn't your story, its theirs, type of deal.
    Which yes was stupid for them to do that, but I wasn't exactly surprised by it. Its something I complained about in 2, that my choices from the first game had little to do with the second.
    Quite, though as shallow and small it may be your decisions still had some kind of impact, none on the ending however. One ending, their ending on which you as a player don't have much of an impact would be OK if like through entire development of Mass Effect 3 they didn't promise/claim just the opposite.

Mystyrion

I figured out that much by now.
    i figured as much haha. Not sure why tapatalk didn't update this thread.
    Quite, though as shallow and small it may be your decisions still had some kind of impact, none on the ending however. One ending, their ending on which you as a player don't have much of an impact would be OK if like through entire development of Mass Effect 3 they didn't promise/claim just the opposite.
    True, but honestly the whole series disappointed me from the start. I never played the original when it first came out. I picked it up when it dropped to 20 bucks a couple months before the second one came out. I remember seeing the commercials for it thinking, "Wow games sounds pretty interesting, every choice has a consequence".
    Though I was thinking more like save this colony, this one gets blown up. I wasn't thinking best solution everyone survives. Seemed to cliche for me. I was hoping that you know everything had some kind of upside and a downside. Which in turn would give you vastly different endings for each and every game.

Don't get that wrong though. It may have not been what I thought it was going to be, but it was still a great series all in all.

Don't get that wrong though. It may have not been what I thought it was going to be, but it was still a great series all in all.
    That I think we can all agree with.

Mystyrion

Extended Cut comes out the 26th *in most places*

Blog Entries

Extended Cut comes out the 26th *in most places*
    SPOILER!!:

https://twitter.com/JessicaMerizan/s...98342752329729

"The clarification DLC will not be clarifying if the Indoctrination Theory is true or not."

Welp, looks like this game is going in the gutter. =(

Looking forward to seeing this in the near future.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    SPOILER!!:

https://twitter.com/JessicaMerizan/s...98342752329729

"The clarification DLC will not be clarifying if the Indoctrination Theory is true or not."

Welp, looks like this game is going in the gutter. =(

Looking forward to seeing this in the near future.
    I think it rather does quite a bit.
    About Extended Cut

I have medium to high hopes.
    I never liked the Indoctrination Theory regardless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast