Thread: Mass Effect 3

Registered User Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect 3

Well, tonight on Spike TV's VGA Show 2010, a trailer for the latest and final entry in the Mass Effect trilogy was revealed:

Click here for Trailer: Mass Effect 3 Trailer

The game is set to be released Holiday 2011, for PC, XBox360 and PS3.

So.... Thoughts? Opinions? ME3 discussion time goooooo!
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Re: Mass Effect 3

Not much to say really, with typically esoteric teasers. I can say that it was the best trailer of the night...until I saw Uncharted 3.

I'm excited for ME3, obviously.

Seriously, the skits at the VGAs are getting worse.

Until now!

Certified tech, come at me! Mass Effect 3 SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Meh, as fun as mass effect may sound, i've seen better things being announced. No mass effect for me.
    Currently Playing:

Death Before Dishonor Mass Effect 3 Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am pretty excited about it. I love the whole ME series.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries

I'm loving the idea that Earth finally plays a role in Mass Effect. Other than that, I really don't know what to make out of it, since it's just a teaser. I'm definitely psyched for it, and I'm also very interested in seeing how all of the choices from 1 and 2 play a role, since apparently it all comes to fruition in 3.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries

I am equally pumped for this, still another so many months away though

And yeah, the actions should prove to be interesting. I can't wait to bring my almost completely maxed paragon/renegade Shepard over to the next one. I really liked the atmosphere and the eerieness from the first game, and the storyline progression for the second one was stellar. All I hope though is though I'd like to see some more new crew members, I'd really like to do without the whole going around and recruiting as most of ME2 was. It felt like I was playing more of KOTOR game then a Mass Effect one; hopefully the game's progression goes back towards the first game again. I do like how it feels more like a shooter now though, but I hope it teeters closer to the RPG edge this time; either way though I'll be content, just nitpicking

I need more MS points so I can get that extra DLC, fuuuu. I also need to get more achievements for the first one too; ME2 is fully complete though
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

This ain't no place for no hero Mass Effect 3 Tiffany's Avatar

Can't. Freaking. Wait.

I was kind of "erm" at first, but then when I realized that it will be set a bit on Earth (maybe?) that upped the ante for me. Although tbh, I loved 1 & 2... so I'll be getting 3 on that principle alone.

.............. Mass Effect 3 smurphy's Avatar

Regardless I am still getting this game based on how much I enjoyed the first two. I like the idea of moving the action to earth as long as they can also keep the travelling the galaxy aspect as this for me is one of the main draws. Looks epic. I just hope its a fitting end to the story of Shephard.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Blog Entries

The only concern I have is with that clown they showed at the beginning of the trailer. I'm hoping he's just some useless soldier whose sole purpose is to convey how dire things are on Earth, as opposed to doing some kind of dual play.

I would be super pissed if play time was split between that guy on Earth, and then Shepard going about his business roaming the galaxy, with the two of them finally meeting on Earth at the end.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Mass Effect 3 The Dark Crystal's Avatar

I'm down. I completed Mass Effect 1 & 2, so i will have to complete 3.

The trailer was good, but I really don't have much of an opinion until I see some game play.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Maridia

Mass Effect as a series is what all other rpg's have worked to be. Open ended, choose your class, strategize, still fast paced but not quite COD. You get to port your old files to the next. I'm so jazzed for this game.

The trailer seems cool, for just a teaser. I heard half your team from 2 will be in this, pending if they survived. God let Garrus be in it, he's always been the man.

I'm hoping that ME3 turns out to be a combination of their first two efforts. I don't want them to remove the visceral combat that worked so well in ME2, but it would be nice if they went back to some of the RPG roots of the first game. More equipment/item management, less simplistic customization/leveling, that sort of thing. It in no way needs to be as out of control as it was in the first game, but it should at least be there. I sometimes forget that ME2 is an RPG.

Until now!

Barely played the 1st, never played the 2nd. Can't wait to not play the 3rd. I am interested in these games, just never got around to playing them.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games