Thread: Mario Kart 8

The Old Skool Warrior Mario Kart 8 LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mario Kart 8

I'm guessing that the number of Wii U owners here might be a touch underwhelming, but if you've got one, did you pick up (or will you pick up) Mario Kart 8?

What are your initial impressions?

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Certified tech, come at me! Mario Kart 8 SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have been able to play it at my sister's place, it is a really good game. It was quite weird using motion controls after playing the 3DS Mario Kart 7 so much (I had to play with motion controls at the time), eventually I got used to the motion controls once again and got used to it. I know you can play with the gamepad or other controller options which I will most likely opt for with my personal copy.

I love how well the game handles in the way of controls and the visuals are quite nice, even if it weren't an HD game I still would enjoy the game. It took everything that was good about MK7 and improved upon it greatly. It's what Mario Kart Wii (the older one) should have been, which was a decent game, but it didn't have as much of an impression this one did. In summary, I really approve of this mario kart entry.
    Currently Playing:

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Mario Kart 8 Xanatos's Avatar
    Mario Kart 8 is the only reason I would love to own Wii U right now. Huge fan of Mario Kart since ever and this one unlike some of it's predecessors looks spectacular.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Mario Kart 8 is the only reason I would love to own Wii U right now. Huge fan of Mario Kart since ever and this one unlike some of it's predecessors looks spectacular.
    If you're interested, nintendo's official site has refurbished Wii U deluxes going for 200 and it comes packaged with a game titled nintendo land which is actually pretty good and you can buy mario kart 8 in addition to that and come out paying a little over 260 as opposed to paying over 300 for the mario kart 8 wii u bundle, oh and mario kart 8 comes with a free Wii U game voucher for an additional game.
    Currently Playing:

I had my lil sisters over last night n they brought it over with em, havent bought my own copy just yet.

Its so much fun as always! After every race you have the option to view highlights or next race. The highlight reel is hilarious playing it back in slow motion, esp at the starting line like each of our players gives eachother death stares n for some reason Luigi's cracked us all up the most everytime. Then this morning I looked up the game n found all these articles, memes n gifs on the "Luigi Deathstare" lool When u play it you'll see, His is particularly hardcore >xD The Blue shell isn't even that terrible in this one. It's the green shells mostly imo. They hit you out of nowhere n the chance of avoiding them is so slim because they're as big as the karts and there is no warning whatsoever when they're coming at you. Blue shells really don't seem to stun the player for nearly as long as they did in MK7. And the Lightning! Hate it with a passion in this one. It’s instantaneous and destroys all momentum you once had giving me road rage. I was about to use my star then I got shocked -_- u know how it goes. Oh n the '8' item is pretty damn cool, I got it just once n that was when I was mid-air I used all 8 of em then smashed into a wall like a bloody retard but I still came 2nd bitches. And getting overtaken on the last lap with the finishing line in my sights..makes me wanna play a hack n slash. So we got most of the Cups. Oh n I love how the trophies are magnified, they're soo pretty. I dont like the rainbow road in this entry but the stages are all so beautiful and creative and there were a few that literally made me feel light-headed/dizzy, the one with the huge Bowser uh Bowser's Castle(?) and a couple others I cant remember their names. I only kno the name of my favourite stage so far -Dolphin Shoals..Ohh Wow What a dreamy place!!! Had stars in my eyes n a creepy grin on the whole time I was playing that course. We unlocked a few characters too- Ludwig, Baby Rosalina and Iggy! I always choose either Yoshi or Koopa Troopa dere soo cute! Toads cute too but hes always happy, smug bastard. I picked Wario once for kicks. I hated myself. And on the reel, i dno how my fatass managed to fit on the kart, on slowmo it was disturbing looked like I was twerking *shudders*

If only they had more time to fit in a standard Battle Mode this could have been the best game. Iam still disappointed about that...buut apart from that, they did a great job with Mario Kart 8 and I get quite a nostalgic feeling whilst playing it. Makes me feel the way I did while playing my favourite, the old 64 classic.

Im still deciding on whether i should go out tonight or stay in n play it more..

#ramble

Consistently Average Mario Kart 8 Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd get this in a heartbeat if it was on the 3DS, so it's a shame it's only for the wiiU. I played Mariokart DS to death, and I went back and beat every race on the wii version when I found out you could unlock Funky Kong lol.

It looks like this'll be another solid entry to the series, it sold 1.2 million copies on its first weekend.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

I'm so glad I can finally play as Luigi and not feel bad.

Now I just need a Wii U.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    I dont like the rainbow road in this entry..
    When I wrote this, this was before my sister's n I got the last cup ie The Lightning Cup as there are two Rainbow Roads in MK8. One in the Special Cup - thats the shitty space station one I dont like, its too short and easy#boringg#belongsinMushroomCup xD. The new RR couldve totally benefited from the game's new physics but it feels they simply rushed that track. Rename it "Satellite Station" and take away the rainbow colors from the track and no one would ever know it was intended to be the next RainbowRoad. It doesn't have that spectacular feeling most RR courses have. It feels kind of dull compared to others and very simplistic..Oh well. But I just feel as if they could have done a lot more with it. The re-made N64 RainbowRoad overshadows the new one, which it shouldn't imo. Now there's the N64 RR Remake in the Lightning Cup...hf34798 Hooooly... it's beautiful! I havent played it enough to kno if the track exploits still exist but it feels magical n I love drifting there, so pretty n the toads that throw coins from the magical midnight train is cute.

Blog Entries
    If anyone would like to play me in MK8 online, my ID is Giygasdestroyer. I look forward to racing against others.
    Currently Playing:

Mystyrion Mario Kart 8 C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    Right off the bat its already a ton better than MK7.
    The track selection is pretty good, I was expecting more from some of the reviews I read, but overall its a great selection.
    The item generator is a ton what really sticks out from MK7. While if you are in first, you are bound to get bananas and coins. But the second you drop out of first you can get red shells, multiples, not just one. If you are hanging out in the back they don't just hand you the best items, they make you work to get back into the lead.

The Battle is very upsetting, but its only something I play every so often so its not a huge deal. Instead of having the typical battlegrounds, you run around a map trying to find other players. When it gets down to the last few characters it becomes very hard to run into them, especially when you flip a 180 to run into them and then they do the same thing.

I have MK8 but havent played it yet, am i a dope?

I usually played them with friends, after ya win all the CC circuits id imagine getting bored, so was gonna save it till some friends came around..

Also not sure if i could play online, for some reason the net signal to the wii is really week, i had to move it downstairs to update it and dl wind waker..