Thread: Mario Kart

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Mario Kart Xanatos's Avatar

Mario Kart

Outside the main series, Mario Kart has to be the best line of Mario games. My favorite? Definitely Mario Kart 64. It may just be me, but out of all games in kart series I played so far 64 is by far the most fun to play with your friends. Again, it may just be me, but other games kinda feel slow, especially Double Dash. I swear, nothing beats going to arcades and having a go at mushroom cup against your friends,... damn you nostalgia!. Also, Donkey Kong FTW!

Which game in kart series is your favorite, why, and which character do you usually chose?

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Consistently Average Mario Kart Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Mario Kart

I love Mario Kart. The only one that I've given a decent go is the DS one, I own it I just can't remember it's name, but like you said it's a game best enjoyed when playing against others. It's just so easy to pick up and play, though it kills the A button on my DS lol.

I chop and change with the characters I use, though at first Peach was the one I always chose because she's awesome to drift around corners with . The tracks with big sweeping curves are the best, especially when you and four other players are vying for the same spot.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Registered User Mario Kart

I was a BEAST in Mariokart 64. Played it so much I could do the tracks backwards. Wario was my main, and I loved hearing his "I'mma WARIO! I'mma gonna WEEN!" line. Also, Rainbow Road on the N64 had one of the best themes ever. So yeah, that one was my favorite too.

Now, I only have Mario Kart for the Wii. It's good too, it just has some control issues, especially if you're trying to use the Wii Wheel. Protip: Don't use the Wii Wheel, unless you just really want to handicap yourself.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Consistently Average Mario Kart Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now, I only have Mario Kart for the Wii. It's good too, it just has some control issues, especially if you're trying to use the Wii Wheel. Protip: Don't use the Wii Wheel, unless you just really want to handicap yourself.
    But the wheel's issues are half the fun . I forgot about the Wii version, definatly one of the better party games around. I was really happy to see they included Diddy Kong, the best member of the Kong family.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Crash Boom Bang Mario Kart Lily's Avatar

Ive had it for the SNES and the Wii, but I cant play it for too long becasue it winds me up, im quite highly strung at teh best of times, but when i start getting victimised by banana peels, and those ****ing shells I lose the plot and have to turn it off

Certified tech, come at me! Mario Kart SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm with most of you on MK64 being the best one. It was just really fun for some reason, it had the best battle mode as well. The newer MK's battle modes felt sort of generic and forced you to have several other computer players (unless there was a setting to turn them off).

I also enjoyed Mario Kart DS as well as the Wii version. My favorite course for the 64 version was... that one course that had peach's castle as a cameo appearance (its been awhile so I don't remember the name).

My favorite MK Wii control scheme is wii remote and nunchuk since its very convenient as you can just flick the remote to do stunts and you would only need to use one button to fire your items if you were just using automatic drifting.

Favorite course for the Wii version... Coconut Mall (except for the Miis that try to block you grr)
    Currently Playing:

Registered BRUISER Mario Kart Nidogod's Avatar

I love Mario Kart DS. Feels like the most balanced. My roommates off and on have a Wii and practically play Mario Kart Wii exclusively on it. I can't stand it, feels like one big unresponsive cluster****. Even when they play they spend the whole time yelling about how unfair the items and levels are and how they'll never play it again. All three have collectively played a solid 500 last games.

I always play Dry Bones in a standard kart.

To throw a wrench in the thread, I've always felt that Crash Team Racing was vastly superior to Mario Kart 64. Get at me.

My Favorite is Mario Kart DS and i loved playing that Game with Dry Bones as well!!! =D Mario Kart 3DS was ok but not great compare to the DS version.