Thread: Dark Souls DLC and PC Version

Thumbs up Dark Souls DLC and PC Version

Anyone buying the PC version of DarkS. coming out?

I want to wait and see how the servers work and how people respond to it. I would much rather wait for the DLC, but it's not going to be released until winter

Also, if you don't own a system version and are not buying the PC version, you're failing hardcore *cough*Brett..**
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 08-18-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Certified tech, come at me! Dark Souls DLC and PC Version SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is this going to be released on Steam per chance?
    Currently Playing:

^ yes, yes it is lol.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries
    I figured it would, it seems like a title that would come out on steam, it's very common for PC games of today.
    Currently Playing:

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Dark Souls DLC and PC Version Polk's Avatar
    *couch*

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are games that are super interesting to me, but I feel like I'm not spergy enough to get into them. I think they're both like, under $30 at this point so maybe I'll pick them up on my next paycheck.

Also, if I remember right, on the Giant Bombcast they were talking about the PC version, and they were saying some of the early footage looked pretty janky. But, you know, pc ports.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Pretty sure Demon's is bout 17- 20 bucks. Dark, I'm not sure how much it is now, but the last time I checked it was still around 50 dollars lol.

GET IT PILK. Community is awzzuum!

lol @ PC ports. Which is kinda why I'm choosing to wait.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Blog Entries
    Tried Dark Souls out for a few hours, game was boring, turned off my ps3, put it back in the box, put box in closet, closed closet up forever.

I get the appeal that it's supposed to be a Contra of the this console generation, but my god was I bored to tears playing this game. Definitely not for me!

I don't even mind hard games, but it wasn't even hard in the right way, just hard in the "oops you no block fast enough i one hit you know have fun spending an hour recovering all your lost souls lol kthxbye" kind of cheap unfulfilling way. Much like intercourse with prostitutes. Besides, everyone should be more hyped for the GUILD WARS 2 THATS COMING OUT SOON RIGHT GUYS?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries
    sorry for going off topic but what about that hawt new Persona 4 Arena?
    Currently Playing:

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar
    I like the turn this thread is taking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    sorry for going off topic but what about that hawt new Persona 4 Arena?
    Um. No definitely not happen'in in my topic/ forum, so I would just back away slowly.

*Points down @ Kappa face in signature*

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Polk View Post
    *couch*
    lmfao.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 08-18-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Scholar Dark Souls DLC and PC Version Kyrel's Avatar
    Demon's Souls quickly became one of my favourite games ever.

Dark souls was a disappointment, and I did not enjoy it at all.
    Here's a riddle: When is a croquet mallet like a billy club?

Death Before Dishonor Dark Souls DLC and PC Version Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I will not. I finally got around to playing Dark Souls again. I raged so damn hard, and immediately took it back to gamestop. Love Demon Souls though

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

The Quiet One Dark Souls DLC and PC Version Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dark Souls is just more Demon's Souls, except for people who've played Demon's Souls it is probably a lot easier. That was my experience. I found Dark Souls easier than Demon's Souls, but I chalked it up to knowing the combat already and being comfortable with the type of game I was playing.

So I'm a little confused if you liked Demon's Souls what made Dark Souls not? A couple systems got changes, but it is largely the same game.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Yeah, I agree ^ Dark Souls is way easier to me than Demon's even now.

I'd imagine that if I did play Dark Souls first, I would be a little confused on what to to at the start of the game considering that one, its open world and two there is little to no explanation; not even for game mechanics.

That's a big difference between Dark and Demon's Souls. I think it's good to have freedom at the start of the game, but the developer mentality behind it is kinda: "Here, same game. More world...go." I could see how it would be hard to get into the game if not even simple game mechanics are explained.

That's what makes the game even more awesome for me though, knowing that all the little lore details in item descriptions and all the information on the wiki was completely pieced together by people digging into it that much. No manuals here.

Also, if you're bored and don't quite understand what you're doing ..PLAY ONLINE. Let yourself get invaded and say you're still bored /Kappaface.

Also, Co-Op never gets old.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Scholar Dark Souls DLC and PC Version Kyrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Dark Souls is just more Demon's Souls, except for people who've played Demon's Souls it is probably a lot easier. That was my experience. I found Dark Souls easier than Demon's Souls, but I chalked it up to knowing the combat already and being comfortable with the type of game I was playing.

So I'm a little confused if you liked Demon's Souls what made Dark Souls not? A couple systems got changes, but it is largely the same game.
    Everything was severely nerfed, I didn't enjoy the new healing system, they've completely ruined magic classes (which I always play with) and the Online was horrible and nearly impossible.
    The game itself was just a copy of its predecessor with prettier graphics and a huge frame rate lag.
    Here's a riddle: When is a croquet mallet like a billy club?