Thread: Lost Odyssey

Registered User Lost Odyssey Sang Hee's Avatar

Lost Odyssey

Haven't seen anyone mention this game here yet.
    It's been made by a line up of people who worked on pre-Squre Enix FF games and I have to testify on this game's behalf as being really good and almost being a true spiritual successor to the FF series.
    Has anyone played it? What do you think?

The Mad God Lost Odyssey Heartless Angel's Avatar
    It was the best Final Fantasy I've played in a while.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

I thought I made a thread on this.

This is the true FFXIII.

This game is awesome for a traditional Turn-Based RPG. Although I found some of the story cliche it was still solid.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I didn't really like the character designs that much but yeah, everything else was so awesome. I wonder why they had released it only on Xbox 360. Even if they did release it now on PS3 it would sell well, I'm sure of it. I've actually sent an email to Mistwalker about this game, wonder if they ever reply.

This ain't no place for no hero Lost Odyssey Tiffany's Avatar
    I quite liked it! Although my hubby merged my old xbox (pre-gold) name and deleted my other one, which in turn lost my entire saves up to that point. I was PISSED. However, I watched him play it, it was very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I quite liked it! Although my hubby merged my old xbox (pre-gold) name and deleted my other one, which in turn lost my entire saves up to that point. I was PISSED. However, I watched him play it, it was very enjoyable.
    Sorry to hear you've lost your saves. But I gotta say I played it for about 3 times and never got bored of it so there is yet hope for you.
    I really hope they will continue the saga or make a new franchise for the next gen consoles instead of making games for Wii or mobile devices. They need to stop wasting their talent.

If anyone cares, Hironobu Sakaguchi told me to follow Mistwalker's endeavors on Facebook to find out more, whatever that means. Guess he doesn't know himself how it's gonna go when Lost Odyssey is concerned. Maybe they just see more viable profit in making other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    It was the best Final Fantasy I've played in a while.
    So much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sang Hee View Post
    I wonder why they had released it only on Xbox 360. Even if they did release it now on PS3 it would sell well, I'm sure of it.
    Because Mistwalker was seeded with Microsoft money. They were paid for two 360 exclusive titles, and they delivered Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

I really hope they will continue the saga or make a new franchise for the next gen consoles instead of making games for Wii or mobile devices. They need to stop wasting their talent.
    Pretty sure Mistwalker is now dead on consoles. They haven't released anything since Lost Odyssey, which amazing as it was, the company didn't make enough money to stay afloat. The genre for true turn based is now dead, the main income source for them would've been Japanese sales, and the XBOX has historically sold poorly in Asian markets.

Edit: I am mistaken. They released The Last Story in 2011 for the Wii, which was a new IP unrelated to Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey.

Gotcha. It's quite disturbing how everyone is running away from the main consoles and makes rpgs for other platforms like the DS (Bravely Default and so on).
    Still waiting for that great JRPG to save us. The only one in sight is FF15 which will probably see us with gray hair.

Gotcha. It's quite disturbing how everyone is running away from the main consoles and makes rpgs for other platforms like the DS (Bravely Default and so on).
    Still waiting for that great JRPG to save us. The only one in sight is FF15 which will probably see us with gray hair.
    Ni No Kuni was fantastic, but Final Fantasy has failed to entertain me since X, and the series has gotten progressively worse (in my opinion) since X, with X > XII > XIII. XIII was so bad (imo) that I only got about halfway through it.

The reason most J-RPGs are on handhelds (3DS and PS Vita) has more to do with the low budgets these types of games get. It's far cheaper to develop for the 3DS than 360/PS3/XBone/PS4.