Thread: Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy

Registered User Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy Locke4God's Avatar

Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy

Which series do you like more?

For me it's honestly hard. I'm more of a Final Fantasy guy, but I really appreciate a good Zelda game. Ocarina is one of the very best games I've ever played, and I love Majora and Wind Waker as well. Twilight was ok, but I really want to go back and play the old school games again. Classic stuff. So which series do you like and why?

Che
    I loved Ocarina of Time. It's def always gonna have a spot in my heart. Twilight Princess was amazing, too. But there's just something about the Final Fantasy series that's so magical. Both have their adventures, but Final Fantasy is more epic imo.

I will still buy titles from both series whenever they are released, though. You can't pass up on either series. They're just too good.

For me when it come to FF,there is no contest.Zelda is a very good series,and I can appreciate a good Zelda game as well.However,I would probably say that Zelda is in my top ten of my favorite Adventure game series.

They are 2 different types of games. Comparing them is like comparing Call of Duty 4 to the new Red Faction. Final Fantasy vs Dragon Warrior would be a more reasonable debate. I love Zelda, games are always fun to play no matter when. I know Ocarina of Time by heart, EVERYTHING...even the gold spiders(forgot how to spell it). Majora's Mask is the most fun I've had in any Zelda game. I still need to play Wind Waker though. With Final Fantasy, they are books to me, great stories, with great characters with great conflicts.

Silver Mage
    Final Fantasy, no doubt!

i have ears :) Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy Full Life's Avatar
    i alwaysed liked ff more i found it more fun

Registered User Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy
    I'm with Loaf on this. You really can't compare the two since they are in seperate genres. Final Fantasy is my favorite console RPG franchise, and Zelda is among my favorite Action-Adventure franchise.

Can't really add much else...
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy Locke4God's Avatar
    You know you make a good point. I guess I considered them more in the same genre earlier on. The early Zelda titles felt more like a traditional RPG than an action game, and the early FF titles were far more simple than those today, and so the series were a little closer together. It's interesting the different roads they've taken.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy Xanatos's Avatar
    Even tho Zelda games are great and fun to play I always loved Final Fantasy games much more and personally I don't believe that Zelda can compete with Final Fantasy. Why?

Well, the main and most important reason for this would be that Zelda games are to repetitive. It always bothered me that almost every Zelda game has same or unbelievable similar story, Link as a hero and almost always Ganondorf as the the main villain. On the other hand Zelda always had too damn addictive and fun gameplay which is the reason I still play Zelda games. As for my favorites I would say Ocarina of Time and Link's Awakening.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I loved N64 Zelda's games... the minish cap is one of my favs GBA games but...
    I preffer FF, I dont know.. maybe are the awesome stories, characters... that you can summon or cast spells, etc

The music is other factor, my fav compositor [ahm... hope is correct this word XD sorry my english sucks] is Nobuo Uematsu and he apperas in many games

I also like Tetsuya Nomura's jobs, love the way he designs characters, etc...

LoZ has many other things... the story is really addictive, but the fact that you only play as Link is a little bit boring... I like FF universe cause is that a Universe...

Registered User Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy Miruba's Avatar
    This is a hard question. D8
    I love them both. But umm... Final Fantasy is the first RBG I've ever played so I'll choose it.

Final Fantasy it is then.

Jenz
    OMG what a hard choice! I love both too much!!
    OOT & FFX are both my fave games, but I think The Legend of Zelda gets my vote. I've grown up with the Zelda games due to my brother & will always be a Nintendo girl at heart

Death Before Dishonor Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Majora's mask was allright and you cant go wrong playing OOT but FF is incredible and cannot be beaten...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Boredness rules us all Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy Midnight Panda's Avatar
    come on! your tearing me apart! i would say neither, i love them both the same!!! its impossible. but i love ff cause of vincent and black mages. but i love zelda for the annoying fairie thing and zelda
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

★Twilight Vanquisher★ Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy MakotoKin's Avatar
    I would easily say Final Fantasy without hesitation. However for me it's an easy decision considering I was never a hardcore Zelda fan. Don't get me wrong, LOZ was an excellent series in it's own right, but Final Fantasy took my heart long before LOZ ever got introduced to me.

True Master of Darkness Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy Noctis Lucis Caelum's Avatar
    i used to be a fan of LoZ and i still am but i'm more into FF now.

This is like comparing Apples to Oranges, and is a completely irrelevent debate to even be had.

As far as the actual series' go? Zelda wins.

Why? There's fewer shit games with the title "Zelda" slapped on them vs the title "Final Fantasy"

In the end, they aren't even a video game series. Where Zelda has evolved over the years on the various platforms, it's always stayed reduntantly the same. There's no serious storyline, it's the same x dungeons > master sword > x dungeons > win routine. Final Fantasy has changed on a per-game basis, but also isn't a continuation or a "series."

I really hate referring to either as a series. Series implies continuity, an ever evolving and changing storyline. Not a completely new game with the same old name and a number slapped on the end, or a new subtitle slapped on beneath it, etc etc.

But overall, Final Fantasy has 5-6 shit titles I can list offhand, where as I've yet to play a Zelda game I didn't enjoy, as much as one can enjoy doing the same thing in different ways. (Outside of the first 2, that is)

If, however, I was choosing Final Fantasy vs Zelda on which has my favorite game, then I'd choose a Final Fantasy, because IV and VI-IX were all amazing games. Not to say LttP, LA, OoT, WW, and TP weren't all amazing either. But of all the games I just listed, Final Fantasy VII is probably my favorite of the list.

If you want to debate which vs which, it'd be more fitting to debate something like Dragon Quest vs Final Fantasy, or Zelda (Something) vs Okami. Comparing two games of seperate genre and playstyle isn't really worth a debate.
    Last edited by Sean; 09-16-2009 at 08:53 PM.

Registered User Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy Rnin's Avatar
    I can't say... =\ I love both of these games.
    Last edited by Rnin; 09-18-2009 at 05:10 PM.

I think both Final Fantasy and Zelda are great, classic games. However The only Zelda game I have played is Ocarina Of Time, fantastic! I first played it for 64 and then recently bought the remake for Came Cube. I remember the first "countdown of the top games of all time" I saw, Ocarina of Time was number one best game ever and Final Fantasy VII was second.

I personally have to go with Final Fantasy, One because I have played more of them, and two That's almost half of my life's work

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy WilsonDean1990's Avatar
    Defiantly Final fantasy for me. However, i really love the puzzle part of Legend of Zelda

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

as time passes we all age and die Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy lonley summoner's Avatar
    ff hands down i like zelda but ff is the best

Bringer Of Light! Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy Messiah's Avatar
    I did really enjoy the Zelda series, well, not Wind Waker.
    But
    Final Fantasy wins. For a start im on a FF fansite!
    When the world decends into darkness - I'll bring the light!
    Bringer Of Light - Guiding Souls away from Darkness Since 1989!

VISIT MY SITE TODAY!
    Square-Zone
    CURRENTLY EMPLOYING:
    Moderators
    Review Writers
    Illustrator for a GFX team.