Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Last game you finished

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dead Space 2 on PS3. I'm still struggling to get through Hardcore mode, but I'm taking a break to play a few new releases. I only have that one trophy left for the plat, so I may as well go for it... ><

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

The Quiet One Last game you finished Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ni No Kuni would be the last I finished, I got the Platinum so it is completely done in that respect. The game was tons of fun and I'd suggest it to anyone that enjoys RPGs. Easily one of the best RPGs for the generation. But since I've finished it I've got a month gap until anything else to slow me down. So I'll be waiting until March for the next round of RPGs to work on.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Last game you finished Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finished Assassin's Creed III a few weeks ago. Apart from some collection and challenge aspects of the game, it is done. Finito. I'm waiting on the first wave of DLC to fire it back up again. Not sure when that will be. Shortly before that I finally finished the Mass Effect 3 single player campaign, but I am still playing ME3 multiplayer every weekend with friends. The weekly challenges are enough to keep me entertained.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Mystyrion
    Dead Space 3
    Just today.

Not quite the game I was expecting and not entirely meaning that in a good way. Lost its entire sense of survival and horror.
    But it had tight controls for an action game and the music fit very well in every situation. Lots of shock horror.

Probably rate it a 7/10.

Well, I finished metal gear solid 2 sons of liberty twice. The easy mode and normal mode. I like the story, hope I could get the next Metal gear...

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Last game you finished Xanatos's Avatar
    The Witcher - it's as they say bit rough around the edges, though you get used to it soon enough. Aside several technical issues such as often weird cutscenes there's not much at fault with The Witcher. Gameplay wise I was expecting something similar to Dragon Age Origins, nevertheless it's solid, although I found magic to be completely useless. Alchemy on the other hand makes up for it. Fitting music, though nothing that stands out to me. At times it gets overly political, otherwise a decent story with surely one of the best video game twists, I never saw it coming. It all ends with a cliffhanger, so I guess I'll have to play The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

Dead Space - it's as frightening as it gets. Top notch atmosphere with fitting music, surprisingly good story, and impressive UI. On the other hand, combat can be cluncky sometimes and I feel they overdid with jump scares. One of better survival horrors for sure.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Chief Inspiring Officer Last game you finished Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A Series Of Unfortunate Events for the N64

This game is based on the motion picture (a bit too rigidly, I thought). Voices provided by (as far as I can tell) all the original actors, including Jim Carey as the insidious Count Olaf (srsly, who else could play Stephano? )

Rather childish, story-wise, regardless, it was mildly challenging and I found myself not only blasting through the game with a vengeance (finished this, oddly, within 3 days) but actually enjoying some of it (Sunny's side-quests were particularly entertaining) Heh, I guess there's still a little kid left in me

Note: I had to play in the dark to see beyond the numerous shadows (in Count Olaf's house, for instance) but that could just be the settings on my tv... come to think of it, some sequences in 'Thor' also seemed a bit more gloomy than I remember...
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Blog Entries
    I finished the HD version of Tomb Raider Anniversary. I'm currently working through the time trials for my platinum trophy.

I finished the original copy when it was released. I just felt dirty starting the new Tomb Raider without having all previous PS3 Tomb Raiders finished 100%.

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Boxer of the Galaxy Last game you finished Rowan's Avatar
    Tomb Raider 2013. Awesome game and an even more awesome Lara Croft. Im more attracted to her new character now that I found out she has a personality.

Registered User Last game you finished
    Zuma. The first one. That game makes me hate balls more than a... never mind. I was actually happy to finish it. I find Zuma's Revenge to be a much better game :x

Blog Entries
    I finished getting the platinum on Atelier Ayesha. So that leaves me all free until later this week when Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory comes out. In the mean time, I have catch up on things.

It wasn't as good as the Arland series on charm, but it still a very fun game. It is probably the most laid back of the PS3 games, referring to the time management aspect. I liked the exploration part of the game, there was a goal, but you didn't know how to do it. So you just explored, met people, learned things, it felt very fluid. The alchemy ended up by very easy to break once you understand it and the ultimate gear is even more broken. I haven't seen it so broken since Rorona's one shot bomb for bosses and it is pretty much even more broke.

Professional Klutz. Last game you finished Hyzenthlay's Avatar
    My last truly finished game was Halo 4. It wasn't all that I'd expected or hoped. Halo has been letting me down a lot recently. I finished it in my first run through on Legendary in less than half the time it takes me to complete most games on easy. Not to say that the game was completely crap, it did have some good points like... Erm... The scenery was nice... And I liked how they introduced a million new spartans without any explanation. The multi-player also really delivered. I loved the fact that they dropped my favourite mode, Firefight, in favour of an online only sh*t-fest.

I did love XCOM, though. Another game that I completed recently that I actually really, really enjoyed. The fights were challenging, the character deaths were infuriating and the game on the whole really delivered. I'm not joking this time. People should get this game. The DLC is a waste of time though.

Next on my list are Defiance and Bioshock Infinite. Two games that I have been waiting for a long time to play. On the Defiance BETA now. So far, so good.

Hyz.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner

Blog Entries
    Tomb Raider, the new one. So good. The story was a little predictable, but it's all about the execution and TR does very well within the confines of its genre. Well worth it. I'll probably do a run on hard mode in the future. So story mode is done, trophies in progress. I probably won't platinum because some of the trophies are multiplayer and I have no interest in that at all. Sigh.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Certified tech, come at me! Last game you finished SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Remember when I said Phantasia was going to be my next finished game? It didn't happen lol. I just recently finished Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom for NES. Its a fun text adventure game to go through, interesting world and characters. Its has places like Orange Park, Parsley Forest, Peanut Village. Quirky characters like Sir Cucumber (you), the Garlic Wanderer, the evil Banada monster, Sgt. Pepper, Mr. Corn who is hard of hearing, and the main villain, Minister Pumpkin.
    Currently Playing:

Registered User Last game you finished
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. The game got a LOT better once Snake gets out of the Middle East and first half of South America, and the cutscenes weren't really as drawn out as I previously thought. Pretty good overall. Gonna do another run of it to pick up some more emblems.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Last game you finished che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. The game got a LOT better once Snake gets out of the Middle East and first half of South America, and the cutscenes weren't really as drawn out as I previously thought. Pretty good overall. Gonna do another run of it to pick up some more emblems.
    How long did that take you? My friend lent me MGS4 and then a day after the MSG5 trailer came out so I feel obligated to play it fast. But BioShock Infinite and Tomb Raider are holding me back.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Blog Entries
    I finished The Walking Dead last week. Really decent game, if you like story, character development and talking. It kept me on the edge of my seat during conversations so that I can choose the appropriate response to situations the game put me in.

Had me in tears by the end, and was the easiest platinum I've ever unlocked. Made me feel dirty.

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT

Bananarama Last game you finished Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Was that the older Walking Dead game, or the new one with Darryl looking for Merle? I heard the new one was pretty awful.

I just finished BioShock 1 yesterday. I got stuck in a bad save YEARS ago and recently decided to pick it up and start from scratch. I freakin love it, and started BS2 immediately afterwards.

At some point, I'll have to finish Tomb Raider (when they get a new patch to fix the loading issue that the old patch caused), Dishonored, and Borderlands 2, but I'm def playing BioShock 2, and then Infinite once I pick it up.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Was that the older Walking Dead game, or the new one with Darryl looking for Merle? I heard the new one was pretty awful.
    Oh, definitely the old one with Lee and Clementine. The season pass was on sale for PS+ customers, so I thought I'd give it a go.

The new one, I'm not too sure of. It sold out at work pretty fast, but I guess you'd have to be a big fan of the tv series to really go for it. No one has traded it back in yet, but I've vowed to borrow it once we get one back, just out of curiosity. xD

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Last game you finished Xanatos's Avatar
    Pokémon Black 2 - my second playthrough, the first one didn't work out, my save file got corrupted halfway through, a fair punishment for playing it on emulator I guess. Anyways, it's Pokémon, fun, addictive, though nothing overly impressive... same ol' same ol'. Hugh's supposed to be this sympathetic character, honestly, I found him to be irritating, kinda miss the old days when your rival was a complete douche. Regarding my team, Serperior, Arcanine, Flygon, Krookodile, Haxorus, not really a well thought out team but thanks to excessive grinding (Lucky Egg FTW) and diverse attacks each Pokémon knows I had no trouble whatsoever. I was considering having a water type Pokémon as my sixth member, Starmie to be more precise, to round up my team, but choose not to, using HM's on my main team did not seem appealing at all. I still have few legendaries to catch and do some tournaments.

Bioshock Infinite - I can't praise this game enough, it's the whole package as far as video games go. Two things that really stand out to me are Elizabeth, surely one of the most compelling characters in video games, and a bitching ending.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries
    Finished the Platinum on Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory on Friday. I beat the actual game the previous Sunday. It was definitely better than mk2. I loved the dark ending that they had in mk2, but Victory brought back what make the original fun, Neptune. She is a blast in the game and making everything entertaining. It is pretty much the better combat of mk2 and the better entertainment of the first game. So it was a win-win for me. Considering that the bad thing about the first game was the gameplay mechanics, Victory is the best in the series. Plus, Plutia is highly entertaining when combined with Neptune.

Blog Entries
    I beat metal gear rising revengeance earlier today, would of had it last night but that final boss was hard. Overall it was a pretty good game, told a good story and it kinda sucked what happened in the end but still had a nice ending. Favorite part? Slashing everything up with awesome combos and I loved the ninja run.
    Currently Playing:

Chief Inspiring Officer Last game you finished Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Final Fantasy 6 PS1

Yay! After 2 attempts, I have FINALLY won this game! (the first time I tried the memory card got corrupted)

Gameplay is an awful lot like the preceding FFs (not V, cuz I haven't done that one yet) except a few pleasant changes - you can actually SPRINT in this one! There's extra menu stuff to make sure you don't get bored along the way, for instance: Learning abilities by equipping Espers via points given after every battle (had so much fun widdat!) then there's the Relics (Relics are gooood - wish I had another slot) then you got the sheer volume of characters, some of which you won't require for the ending boss fight.

Story-wise: Interesting and easy to follow directions (I did get lost after the
    SPOILER!!:
    earth got destroyed
    but other than that, no prob)
    I enjoyed the bit where the party goes
    SPOILER!!:
    to the empire and has a banquet dinner with the emperor - replayed that part 3 times just to get that special gift from him afterwards
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Blog Entries
    Just finished Ni no Kuni, the main story anyway. A bunch of post game stuff just opened up that I'm working on, and trophies of course; it seems pretty easy to Platinum. Grinding through the really annoying Derwin errand series now. It wouldn't be so bad if taming familiars wasn't such a crapshoot, even with the merit award that makes it easier. But anyway. Good game.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Blog Entries
    I beat Final Fantasy VI for the 7th time

I found a new method to build my characters, I went through the trouble of buffing their stamina. Turns out it paid off very efficiently. It made the battles cheap, sure, but it was still pretty cool. I had Cyan dealing 8-9k with quadra slam, Terra was also a serious damage dealer both physical and magic wise, not only that she was a extremely tough target to hit this play though.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    I havent really played any games with endings in a long ass time but a couple of my online buddies and I are trying to finish up dead island before the new one comes out in like a week lol so I've been trying to get through that as soon as possible without being 2spooked ;;
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I recently finished Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. I'm a huge fan of the Golden Sun series from when they were GBA games. I appreciated how much easier it was to move and use psyenergy thanks to the DS's touch screen, but that was all. The puzzles weren't as challenging -- the entire game was too easy. I powered through the thing in two weeks without much time investment. That wasn't the case with the first two games. And I wasn't as enthralled with the story as I was hoping to be. An overall disappointment when I compare the game to its predecessors, but I guess it wasn't horrible as just a game.

Bananarama Last game you finished Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Beat Bioshock 2 the other day, now I'm wrapping up the DLCs that came with it when I both the double pack. It was solid, but I didn't like it as much as the first one. Maybe because the first had a little more of a survival horror element, where I didn't have a shit ton of ammo at all times.

Bioshock Infinite next, then maybe Tomb Raider if the freakin patch is fixed and I can play the damn game.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I finished Assassin's Creed III a few days ago. So now that I had time to think about it, I must admit... I am disappointed in both the game and myself.
    First things first: I didn't really like to play AC1. Just because it was way too monotonous for me. In every f-ing corner of every f-ing city I had to do the same things? Exactly the same? With no variation? No, thank you. I longed for more time with Desmond, because the story in the present was way more interesting for me. But I had to finish the in-animus-story to see more Desmond, so... I let my boyfriend finish all the relevant scenes for me (even the last fight - I know, I suck really hard!). Still, I liked Altair, and the game itself. It was just boring to play it.
    Then, a year passed. And when I was at a convention with friends we planned to cosplay AC - but they said that I had to play all other AC games before we do that. (And I really wanted to cosplay an assassin, because I would like to sew that outfit!)
    Long story short: I fell in love with Ezio instantly (even my boyfriend wasn't interesting for me anymore *haha* jk), I needed only a few weeks to finish AC2 and did LOTS of side missions. I needed exactly 5 days to finish Brotherhood and another week to finish Relevations (because I wanted to know WHY THE F*CK DID YOU DO IT DESMOND?!).

That being said: I loved all the game surrounding Ezio. And I was NOT disappointed because AC3 wasn't about Ezio anymore. Not the least. I even wanted to see a new assassin.
    The problem was: I liked Haytham, really. I mean, I was like Desmond just sitting there, with my mouth open and almost in the same moment shouted "Wait... WHAT???" at the end, but... yeah, he was an interesting character. And then Connor came. And I really liked him at the beginning, for being a cute little boy. Then, when he grew older, he was okay as well. But at one point I started to wonder if he was given ANY personality at all. He was the clichee of a young native American: stubborn and always doing what HE thinks is best. I started disliking him when he shouted at Achilles, like "you didn't show me anything, you're useless, blahblahblah". -_- I like Achilles. And I think he was a great mentor. If you ask me, Connor is ungrateful. And stubborn.

The other aspect I didn't really like was the story itself. Please don't murder me for saying this, but I wasn't that interested in the story surrounding the war at all. There was nothing I really wanted to achieve. (Okay, American independence IS a good aim, but I knew it would happen even without me doing anything at all ) What was it that CONNOR had to do with all the war going on? He wanted to save his people, and in the end, failed. What was the purpose? I appreciate that Connor failed - it shows that people are able to fail, even if they're master assassins. Still, it felt like it was useless to play the game at all.

Also, as I didn't like Connor anymore, it wasn't much fun doing all the random side missions like hunting or even completing the maps (which really is my favorite activity in ANY game). Idk, I just wasn't interested anymore.

And as for the end itself... F*ck you, Juno. That's all I have to say about it.

To conclude: I hate ships. I hate Connor. I'm happy Connor won't be featured in the next game. And I still hate ships, which is why I probably won't play AC4, and will again watch my boyfriend play it.
    Seems I'm not made to play those games. xD

(Sorry for long rant/opinion.)

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Consistently Average Last game you finished Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I finished Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando the other day. I feel really disconnected from the modern gen of games when I say that

Anyway I beat the game on regular mode and now I'm gonna play it through again on Challenge Mode. Basically you start the game over again but with all your weapons, health and stuff you may have collected. There's extra weapons you can buy, plus you get a Bolt (money) multiplier ever time you kill enemies, which is very useful when some of the more powerful guns cost around 1.5 mil.

Compared to the newer R&C titles this one focuses more on platforming, something which they started to move away from starting with Up Your Arsenal. It's a lot of fun to play, and quite a nice break from RPG's, which I find can get a bit tiresome if you play them back to back.

If I was to find faults with this game I would say that the lack of 'Max out Ammo' option when stocking up at a vendor is a bit of a pain, especially when you have to cycle through 10+ weapons and buy ammo for each one individually. It's a bit like the Save Points not healing you in the older FF's: Not exactly a huge issue but you're very grateful when you reach one in X or XII and your party is fully restored. Also the ending is very abrupt, you beat the final boss and the game is pretty much over. TBH the story wasn't as 'epic' as the later games, so I can't really blame it for having a huge finale.

If i'm still in the mood I might continue with R&C by playing Up Your Arsenal next, as you get the option to transfer weapons from previous games over to your file, which means i'll have like 30 guns/etc to level up and screw around with. Sounds pretty cool to me.

Also could a mod maybe Sticky this thread? It's one of those ones that you want to keep coming back and posting in, I've found it to be pretty useful.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast