Thread: Hyrule Warriors!

Certified tech, come at me! Hyrule Warriors! SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hyrule Warriors!

Nintendo had a Direct stream recently this week and revealed some new titles, one of the new titles was a complete surprise. Nintendo and Tecmo-Koei collaborated for a Zelda spin-off by the name of, you guessed it, Hyrule Warriors. The trailer depicts of this large scale, epic battle, with Link pulling off a series of attacks and going around slaughtering hordes of enemies from the zelda series, the Hyrule knights are also in the action fighting as well!

I myself am sold to this unexpected, awesome spin-off. Take note that this is NOT the official next Wii U zelda installment we've been waiting to hear about, but this will definitely be a filler to keep us occupied.

What do you think of this spin-off? I personally think its a nice, new approach. Sure it has a lot of people concerned at the same time. However I see this like FF Dissidia; introducing new fans to the series. I can see this attracting people to buy Wii Us, as long as nintendo and tecmo work on storyline and gameplay that fans will want to see in the game, this may be, potentially, one of the best zelda spin-offs ever developed for a game. It already looks very promising.
    Currently Playing:

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Hyrule Warriors! Xanatos's Avatar
    "New" Mario is hardly selling any Wii U's, and out of all games you actually think this one might? Tecmo may surprise us with a good story, Nintendo however will probably write a sentence or two on a napkin and be done with it, like with every Zelda so far. As for this potentially being one of better Zelda spin offs, have you actually seen the other spin off, they may as well release a blank disc with Zelda on it written with plain marker and it would most definitely be one of better better Zelda spin offs.

As for the game itself, those who enjoy Dynasty Warriors will probably enjoy playing this as well, even more so if you are a Zelda fan, in other words something I would like to play. Dynasty Warriors: Gundam series was pretty poor, hopefully this turn out to be vastly better.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Certified tech, come at me! Hyrule Warriors! SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it has a pretty good chance of attracting crowds, it already made quite an impact to a lot of people, all that's left to worry about is having a story that will engage the players. 2014 is going to look like a promising year for nintendo because of their line up for that year.

I think one of the factors for the not so great sales of the Wii U is due to the lack of marketing, but nintendo recently released a better marketing ad actually showing the difference between the Wii and the Wii U (which, of course, should have happened during launch).
    Currently Playing:

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Blog Entries
    Hyrule Warriors wouldn't be a strong enough title to get me to buy the WiiU--thankfully Smash Bros is--but it's intriguing. I've long been a fan of the Dynasty Warriors games and blending the Zelda universe with the DW style of fighting looks interesting to me. Slaughtering hundreds of moblins and octoroks along with boss-type commanding units looks neat. They may incorporate some sort of army morale system (of course altered/tailored to Hyrule) and fortress control system like they have in past DW games.

What really intrigues me is the character choices. Dynasty Warriors games are known for having 40-60 different characters from Luo Guanzhong's Romance of the Three Kingdoms from which to choose--all with their own history, moveset quirks, fighting styles and, in most of the DW games, weapons. While I don't expect a roster that large for a game like this, I highly doubt it's going to be limited to just Link. This can't be Link v.s. the world.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Mystyrion Hyrule Warriors! C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    I liked playing Dynasty Warriors back on the original Xbox, but the game is rehashed worse than Call of Duty.
    Nintendo is choosing some weird combo's
    Dynasty Warriors + Zelda
    Ninja Gaiden + Metroid

Haven't been much of a fan and I'll probably pass on this game.

I will say if you are considering a Wii U, there is a ton of other games well worth your time. Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Sonic Lost World, Nintendo Land, ZombiU.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    "New" Mario is hardly selling any Wii U's
    It would take a lot to sell any Wii U's. High price for a limited amount of games, great games, but limited. Multiplats run in worse shape than anything compared on the market.

I am a huge Dynasty Warriors fan. I love all of them, each game is different yet the same. I really don't know why I enjoy them so freaking much. But this game? Mixed feelings.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    It looks fun, which makes me sad that I won't get to play it. I just have no interest at all in the WiiU itself. Well, maybe they'll make a demo I can play at PAX East, heh.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn