Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Halo 3:ODST

Halo 3:ODST

I don't know how many Halo players we have here at TFF but I'm one of them.I got the game a week before its release and have played the crap out of it.I love it.Its harder than most of the other Halo Campaigns,and that in itself is worth 60$.The ODST are really cool to play with.The story is done with clues,and that's different.Anyway the games is awesome and I love it.

Che
    Just a quick question for you halo players.

Do you drink natty ice, call each other bro, and have lots of gay sex while you play Xbox? Really curious to the answer. TY in advance.

I'm picking up my own copy tonight! I can't wait! I'm really excited about Fire Fight and kicking Covenant butt with my friends. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is how short the game might be, but then again, this is a standalone expansion. Other than that, it'll be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Che-Che

Do you drink natty ice, call each other bro, and have lots of gay sex while you play Xbox? Really curious to the answer. TY in advance.
    Dude... Righteous. Hit me some skin. Broforce.

Blog Entries
    Although the firefight mode looks kinda cool, I see no reason for me to buy this game other than having the new maps for multiplayer. Yay for the Halo2 Midship remake!! FFA allllllll dayyyyy son.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate Halo! I liked Halo 1, but I have to say, ODST looks really good. My brothers got it but won't let me play. I like that we can NOT be that loser Master Chief.

So, as a rating before I play it: 3/5.

By Colours
    ~Universal Esper~

Death Before Dishonor Halo 3:ODST Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I to got ODST week in advance and I must say it is incredible I like Halo 3 better than it but ODST is great...

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Do you drink natty ice, call each other bro, and have lots of gay sex while you play Xbox?
    No you dingleberry we drink budweiser and we call each bitch or something else offensive, and no for gay sex...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

The story is actually pretty good Rocky so once the game drops in price(which will be forever) you might want to consider picking it up.The firefight is really cool but if thats all you want from the game,then you will very bored after awhile.
    Last edited by Blackbird VIII; 09-23-2009 at 08:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    The story is actually pretty good Rocky so once the game drops in price(which will be forever) you might want to consider picking it up.The firefight is really cool but if thats all you want from the game,then you will very bored after awhile.

bored from firefight mode never...

@ Rocky: Have you checked any reviews yet for the game? I suggest checking out this review on Destructoid. You'll get a little bored while playing as the Rookie due to the amount of walking you have to do in the game. When you play as the other characters, it feels more of the Halo gameplay we're all used to. The experience changes when you have a buddy playing with you though.

@ Everyone: If you guys happen to be playing ODST, add me! My gamertag is Azuteor.

Lady Succubus Halo 3:ODST Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've never really been a fan of halo, but I have played the first, and I do rather like Red vs Blue.

Although I keep hearing mixed things about ODST. Mostly good things from fanboys, not good things from the non-fanboys. 'Tis how it always is.

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/2009...-in-5-seconds/

^ My thoughts.

Blog Entries
    Azu, I haven't read any official reviews or anything of that sort, but I've talked to several of my friends who have similar tastes and appreciation for games like me (which would be a more reliable source anyway), and they've said mixed things on it. I'm sure the firefight would be something I would enjoy playing a bit, but I'm not a halo campaign guy (haven't been since H1) and I don't think that firefight would sell itself, but I will end up getting it for two reasons. One, so I can play the halo reach beta (H1-like multiplayer gameplay online omfg!!) and two, so I can play all the multiplayer h3 maps, like heretic. Heretic FFA is the greatest thing since Midship FFA in halo2, and I'm very excited to play it once again.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I haven't played the campaign due to not being able to go to my friends house for that long and when I do we just play Ranked. From what he has told me though, the campaign is awesome. Plus the new maps are sick! Midship, stickies all day!

Professional Klutz. Halo 3:ODST Hyzenthlay's Avatar
    I only just got a review of it the other week. I don't think it's out here yet but it does look good. The maps are free-roam, right? That could add for some confusion in the main plot. Well, unless they put in stuff that you can look at then at least you'll be distracted.

Anyway, some of the new things do sound good. I like that you no longer have Chiefs super-strength, agility or recharge. I always like a challenge. I'm guessing that we will all be using more cover in this game. Especially on the harder levels.

I will buy it, when it comes out.

Hyz.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner

Blog Entries
    anyone played it on live yet its the shit....cant play it no more though cause my grandma cancelled my month to month subscription so I have to pay now...

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke_Hellsing View Post
    anyone played it on live yet its the shit....cant play it no more though cause my grandma cancelled my month to month subscription so I have to pay now...
    Yeah it is the sh**.I love the character change ,it adds some variety to the game.

Blog Entries
    I like playing Halo 3 live better though its the best and nothing can beat it....

Bringer Of Light! Halo 3:ODST Messiah's Avatar
    I havent got round to buying it yet, its on my list.
    Would anyone recommend it?
    When the world decends into darkness - I'll bring the light!
    Bringer Of Light - Guiding Souls away from Darkness Since 1989!

VISIT MY SITE TODAY!
    Square-Zone
    CURRENTLY EMPLOYING:
    Moderators
    Review Writers
    Illustrator for a GFX team.

Blog Entries
    definately go and buy it and play the shit out of it...

Ok, I'll go out in a bit and purchase it! Is the story as good as the previous games?

VISIT MY SITE TODAY!
    Square-Zone
    CURRENTLY EMPLOYING:
    Moderators
    Review Writers

Quote Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
    Ok, I'll go out in a bit and purchase it! Is the story as good as the previous games?
    It is a very good story in my opinion.There are some very dark moments in the story.You use several characters and that's pretty fun.As far as being better than the previous games,I think the story is better.I liked the other Halo game campaigns but I loved ODSTs story.
    Last edited by Blackbird VIII; 09-29-2009 at 03:01 PM.

well i've gone and paid £39.99 for it, not had chance to play it yet though. will probably be tommorow now.

VISIT MY SITE TODAY!
    Square-Zone
    CURRENTLY EMPLOYING:
    Moderators
    Review Writers

Blog Entries
    So Messiah how did you like pretty intense wasn't it...

You've got to like Halo A LOT to justify spending $60 on this game.

Great game, but, financially speaking, a complete and utter rip off. It's especially so for those that already own Halo 3, so in other words, the franchise's fan base. It's amazing how eager companies are to screw their loyalist fans first. Hell, Sony did it just last week with the PSP Go.

And no matchmaking for Firefight? Wtf?

Until now!

For someone who doesn't have Halo 3, it's somewhat of a good deal, you get Halo 3 multiplayer with the new maps and the ODST game but as Jin said, no matchmaking for firefight...I only have 1 friend who plays halo.

It's whatever, you get a new story and multiplayer is a bonus. Have to wait for Reach next year.

In other words, it's a renter. Again, unless you REALLY like Halo.

Until now!

Not having matchmaking for Fire Fight doesn't make any sense at all. I have several friends who have ODST, but it's difficult to get together just to play 4 player co-op.

The ending for campaign could have been better. There is a lot of potential for ODST.

Think Reach is supposedly the last Halo game we'll ever get? I thought it would. Turns out 343 Industries will take over and continue the franchise for another six years!! (source: Destructoid - Halo to stick around, 343 has a plan that spans)

...but hey, at least it's better than Beyonce wanting to be in a videogame. Haaaa
    Last edited by Azuteor; 10-08-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Actually, Bungie has recently stated that Reach is not necessarily going to be their last Halo game. They claim to want to move away from the franchise, but aren't prepared to say that they definitely will not make another Halo game.

Until now!

ODST is awesomesauce! The campaign may be pretty short but short and sweet! FF is a great mode to just kill innocent Grunts (I sometimes cry when I pop a full clip from the pistol into a posse of some teeny Grunty heads). The Mythic Disk addition is a great add-on, especially for those who don't have the DLC maps.

P.S. I ALMOST HAZ RECON!!! *ahem*

Gamertag: EpicGamerMonkey

Blog Entries
    I agree that no matchmaking for firefight sucks but I am a huge Halo fan so it was easy for me to go out and spend $60 on this game and I felt it was worth every penny...

Bungie made FF without MM for a reason. 1) It was built on the Halo 3 campaign engine (which also didn't have Match Making) and b) would you really want to be playing Firefight with screaming little kids or betrayers or people who just drop out? When someone drops out, the game doesn't keep going, everyone stops.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast