Thread: .hack//Link, GU, original, Fragment

___________ .hack//Link, GU, original, Fragment Kyreaan's Avatar

.hack//Link, GU, original, Fragment

How many .hackers we have here? I've played through the series of .hack//Liminality and .hack//GU, yet I recently found out about the new .hack//Link for PSP!

The original and GU were PS2 while Fragment was a failed online game (it was .hack...someone probably 'Pluto Kissed' it goodbye). This has to be one of my favorite game series ever. I almost ran out and bought a hooker when I saw .hack// was coming to PSP.

It starts out mentioning the previous Heroes and that the new Hero is being summoned. Where you @?!
    Last edited by Kyreaan; 06-21-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Spacing//Capitalization

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Re: .hack//Link, GU, original, Fragment

I played and adored G.U. Endrance is my outright favorite. I have all four of the ones with Kite in them, but I can't get into them. Maybe it's because G.U. spoiled me or something, but I don't care for the battle system in the first games. If I'm honest, I can't even get far in those. The .hack game on the PSP looks interesting, but I don't have a PSP and is it even coming to the NA region?
    Avatar created by raethes from livejournal.

I'm also a GU hacker. Loved the series, although towards the end of the second game I began feeling the horrible repeat cycle of the game. I actually don't think I did the 100 floor dungeon or whatever it was in the last game, just gave it up and traded it in.

I did enjoy the characters though, I can't seem to remember which party I normally played with but I think it was Pi, Haseo, and Endrance. Although my favorite char was definitely Khun, I remember laughing at the stupid things he would say.
    EBG

The area you are refering to is called The Forest of Pain event.

.hack//Link [Japan Import] was already released in Japan last year and can be ordered online for anyone in the NA area (ie, Amazon). The main character is called Tokio (funny). There are 33 playable characters you can get, which spans across the .hack saga.

The makers wanted to go out with a bang. Each character comes with a 'personal act' and is geared towards helping Tokio through battle. There is also a multiplayer option where people can indirectly help each other.

The battle system between the first series and GU are different, but in a good way. It gives you a diffferent experience. I went through in order because of the data flag save. On GU, my favorite was Pi.
    Last edited by Kyreaan; 04-01-2011 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Typo

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

As much as I hated the Forest of Pain, I went through it twice. Honestly, that dungeon reinforces how little variety there is when it comes to dungeons. That would be my main complaint with G.U. - the total lack of variety in dungeons. I enjoyed the battle system, though it stayed pretty much the same with just small updates.

The problems I have with Link are simple - no PSP, I can't understand Japanese so I wouldn't order it, and they made Endrance too feminine-looking in it with that special (I forget what it's called.) I know Endrance tends toward the feminine, and it doesn't bother me at all. It's just that they deliberately looked to make him appear even MORE feminine, which I don't care for.
    Avatar created by raethes from livejournal.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. .hack//Link, GU, original, Fragment Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I played the GU, second part for the Ps2, skipped the first, but quickly loved it, and wish I had played it, but I haven't got the chance to play the third.
    I remember the random doppleganger killing me for no reason... I was just looking around and freaky ass mucsic started to play...

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Someone brought it up, so I'll put it here. Though a certain online store did say the new character's handle was Akio, the main character's name is Tokio Kuryu. The name of the second main character is Saika Amagi. She is considered a 'bishojo', which means "pretty girl". Hope that helps.

This game has been out for a while in case anyone hasn't known. Many stores probably won't carry it and may order it for you. You can also order it online. I only wish this wasn't the end of the game saga.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 .hack//Link, GU, original, Fragment Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

I'm A .Hacker Myself

I Have The First Two //G.U. Volumes. I Beteen Both Of Them Already. Its A Pretty Good Series. I'll Edit This Out Later To Add More Detail.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Great. I recommend to anyone who likes the series to try to get all 7 volumes. I loved the data flag option. It made me think of finding other games that also have that feature. One guy I talked to said he was playing through the GU series first. Then, he was going to play through the first 4 of .hack//.

It would have been really cool if Bandai and PSN got together and went with a more aggressive undertaking on the semi-Online RPG experience. I'm referring to the 'Link' option, where close by people run through dungeons and help each other out. If there were mass game servers @ PSN connected to communication satelites, they could completely beta test a new .hack// online RPG. They could run it on PSP, taking .hack//Link to a new level or do .hack//Fragment 2 (PSP). Maybe they could call it .hack//PSP.

That's wishful thinking of me. I kind of doubt in the future they will network PSN the way I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Iniquity View Post
    I played the GU, second part for the Ps2, skipped the first, but quickly loved it, and wish I had played it, but I haven't got the chance to play the third.
    I remember the random doppleganger killing me for no reason... I was just looking around and freaky ass mucsic started to play...
    Spoiler:
    The Doppleganger becomes a push over after you level to that volume's cap. He regains his HP, but he takes the most punishment from Beast Awakening. Also, remember to beat him in every GU volume. You will get bonus items. At the end of V.3, there are a total of 6 rares.

Last edited by Kyreaan; 04-08-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Spoiler Edit

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:

Jayde2010

I IS A .HACKER!!! i have played the original and GU even read most of the original manga and seen some of the anime. love it and after reading this i is excited to hear more of this psp game

There were a lot of people really ticked off at the PSP game, .hack//Link. It was because it was Japan release only. People started ranting about how they wanted to get the box set and "localization" for .hack//Link; meaning, they wanted an English patch or update download for their PSP to turn Japanese text into English when buying Japan Imports.

It's something still worth looking into.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:

Warrior Ninja .hack//Link, GU, original, Fragment Led Zeppelin's Avatar

Well, reading the above I'm sort of a hacker.
    I've never personally played GU; I've always wanted to but they seem to be quite costly. One thing that sort of got me though was that when I started reading the GU manga, the second I seen Kite I sort of freaked out >_>; He was my favourite character, it kind of bummed me out so I never got to the end yet.

Mind you, I'm a huge fan of the original series. I've bought the four of them and it was love at first playthrough. There wasn't anything too complicated about the storyline (which I liked) but I also loved going through dungeons in order to get the prizes at the Gott statues. Is it weird to say that Mistral was one of my favourites and I enjoyed having her on my party (?) It was a fun game, and I really should try out GU sometime...

I would really recommend that you keep all of your saved data from your memory cards. There are
    Spoiler:
    hinted data within the DVD disks that you'll find to be secret area key words. There are items only found in these areas, such as the Ice Bar. This is given to Mr. Panda if my memory serves correctly. He hands over the Key Axe lv.38 weapon for Piros. There's also the Chinese Food item that is traded to someone for the Super Wufei rare spear. It takes a long while to find every detail and area word, but it's worth it if you're like me and want to find every rare item. There is also a hidden bonus for joke dialogue in Vol.4. If you get stumped, ask me or try searching for someone who might have it posted on the internet.

Keep the data flags until you reach Vol.4. The final data flag is what you will want when and if you get the 3 vol. for the .hack//GU series. You will see bonus starting items. Another cool part about it is that you don't even have to see The Twilight Brigade or .hack//Sign to even enjoy the GU series. There's also something else.
    Spoiler:
    That's not Kite in GU. What do you think Aura really did?

In the first series, I ended up keeping BlackRose as my usual second main. It was mostly the story line. Mistral was funny too, and I started to wonder if Mistral ended up being Kaede in the GU series. It's because of character dialogue that happens
    Spoiler:
    when Kaede mentions that she lost a child and a husband, while the original Mistral tells Kite in the first game series that she is going to have a child and leave The World. That's just a guess of mine.

Now that I think about it, Merlin reminds me of Mistral everytime I see Merlin type.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:

Registered User .hack//Link, GU, original, Fragment DrewYeahhh's Avatar

Oh god i ****ing loved this game. i played the 4 games on the ps2 and loved it so much they are brilliant nothing compared to Final Fantasy tho

Time flows without pause, in a world where I no longer exist, the future is about to change.

I'm assuming you're talking about the original 4, .hack//Liminality? Yes. Like I said, this was one of my favorite series of all time. Did you ever get .hack//GU or .hack//Fragment Offline? I've never met anyone here who has played .hack//Fragment before the MORG went under.

I found a trailer. I also just came up with something. I think it would be great for another .hack//Fragment for the coming PS Vita. They ended the saga though.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:

Registered User .hack//Link, GU, original, Fragment DrewYeahhh's Avatar

Yeah i remember playing them a good few years ago now i had so much on them and yeah it was the GU ones i need to buy them again.

Time flows without pause, in a world where I no longer exist, the future is about to change.