Thread: GoW3

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared GoW3 The Dark Crystal's Avatar

GoW3

So tonight was the first official announcement for Gears of war 3 on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on NBC. Cliff Bleszinski, design director for EPIC Games, made an appearance on the show giving a teaser trailer, and a release date (April 5, 2011 for North America)

I know there are very few Gears fans on this site, but for those who have been waiting impatiently here is the link to watch the trailer "Ashes to Ashes"

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon - Video Blogs - "Gears of War 3" Video Game World Premiere Trailer: "Ashes to Ashes" - Watch Episodes, Video, and Clips for Free - NBC Official Site

What does everyone else think about the trailer?

Have you ever played any of the GoW games? If so what did you think about the games?
    Last edited by The Dark Crystal; 04-14-2010 at 12:04 AM.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Re: GoW3

We have to have some kind of differentiation here. I thought this was a thread for God of War 3.

I feel sorry for ol' Dude Huge. Someone buggered a few days before his appearance and put an icon advertising Gears 3 up on Xbox Live. Oops.

I've never been into the franchise, but I've always respected it, so good on 'em.

Until now!

I thought this was for God of War III, also
    Frank Jaeger - "A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal."

I can't wait for this game to come out. I am a huge fan of Gears and Epic Games in general. I haven't played as much Gears of War 1 as much as I have Gears 2 though. In fact, my obsession started with the second one. To this day I play Gears 2 online or private almost everyday.

I wish that the trailer was a bit more than a teaser, but I can wait for a more in one.

Blog Entries

Well I for one am excited as all hell for this game.

I watched the IGN analysis, and they probably read FAR to into things, but they do bring up a lot of interesting points. The fact that there are so many people turned to ash could be a result of the bomb from Gears 2. I also really think the chick in the trailer is Anya, which would actually be pretty awesome.

It also appears that there will be more guns and even more really freakin big things to kill. I really hope they're able to meld the feelings of 1 and 2, into something truly epic.

1 had it's feeling of being completely and utterly surrounded, and that you were really so epically screwed at all times. That feeling was pretty intense, plus you got to go up against giant bosses, like the Corpser with only small arms. I loved that feeling.

2 had a more vast feel to it, which I also liked because you really got to see how your team interacted with other people. It gave you more of a feel for the world that Gears takes place in. The battles were also pretty massive in their scale, with you fighting alongside other COGs.

I'd really like to see 3 kind of merge these two viewpoints and really put out an incredibly intense game, with one on one battles against giant things, but also work in the storytelling of 2, with a massive feel to it. Tough work, yep, but I'm confident in Epic.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared GoW3 The Dark Crystal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    I can't wait for this game to come out. I am a huge fan of Gears and Epic Games in general. I haven't played as much Gears of War 1 as much as I have Gears 2 though. In fact, my obsession started with the second one. To this day I play Gears 2 online or private almost everyday.

I wish that the trailer was a bit more than a teaser, but I can wait for a more in one.
    Mine started with Gears 1, and the added BS (Shotgun stall) kinda ruined it for me in 2. My favorite thing about gears 1 was the wall bounce/shotgun/sniper <3 and if you were good enough you could actually eliminate the entire team all by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Well I for one am excited as all hell for this game.

I watched the IGN analysis, and they probably read FAR to into things, but they do bring up a lot of interesting points. The fact that there are so many people turned to ash could be a result of the bomb from Gears 2. I also really think the chick in the trailer is Anya, which would actually be pretty awesome.

It also appears that there will be more guns and even more really freakin big things to kill. I really hope they're able to meld the feelings of 1 and 2, into something truly epic.
    I thought it was from the Hammer of Dawn used by the satellites that turned the city into ash, when they were trying to exterminate them right after E-day?

The double barreled shotty is going to be sweet, and yea fighting against the lambent dosen't look easy!

If they keep gears 3 down the 1st games path, and not brance it out with more ridiculous stunts (Which Ive reed their pretty much doing that ) I would be a happy camper . Don't make it noob friendly! Give the player a game where you have to really be on your toes the whole time, like in 1, and where you actually have to have skill to dominate.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID: