Thread: The good news and bad news about the new Killer Instinct

Certified tech, come at me! The good news and bad news about the new Killer Instinct SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The good news and bad news about the new Killer Instinct

Killer Instinct has been announced to be coming out as a F2P game like some other fighters that have been heading that direction. The game is set to launch in November it is unspecified if it is this year or in 2014. Get ready to facepalm guys, because you're only getting 1 free character to play with when its launched. You have to pay for character packs if you want to play as more characters.

Source article. 'Killer Instinct' returns as free-to-play brawler
    Currently Playing:

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    The good news and bad news about the new Killer Instinct Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a good thing I never got into that series growing up or I'd be kicking myself over and over with Jago's boot right about now.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Blog Entries
    is microsoft even trying anymore.....??????
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Unbelievable. Pay for packs or just play as 1 char? What next, pay for combo unlocks?

Consistently Average The good news and bad news about the new Killer Instinct Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Better hope you like playing as Jago lol. I can sorta see the point of it though, they reel you in with the free download, then you (probably) spend the amount you normally would on an actual game by getting all the characters. Doesn't mean I approve of the idea though.

I'd be really mad if namco did the same thing with Tekken, like what if you had to start with someone like Xiaoyu.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The good news and bad news about the new Killer Instinct Xanatos's Avatar
    I already mentioned this in Rowan's "Future of Xbox" thread, I was initially excited to see Killer Instinct return even though I only played the one on GameBoy just to be disappointed by this type of availability. Tekken Revolution works on same principle, though offers a lot more for those who are not willing to buy other characters.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Lady Succubus The good news and bad news about the new Killer Instinct Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Uh.. actually, I hate to burst the bubble of this topic, but that's not entirely the whole spectrum of KI. Yes it's 'free to play' and you can buy the characters you like. BUT there is an alternative where you can just buy the full game, just like any other game. (Not entirely confirmed, but one of the things I heard)

Certified tech, come at me! The good news and bad news about the new Killer Instinct SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Uh.. actually, I hate to burst the bubble of this topic, but that's not entirely the whole spectrum of KI. Yes it's 'free to play' and you can buy the characters you like. BUT there is an alternative where you can just buy the full game, just like any other game. (Not entirely confirmed, but one of the things I heard)
    If that was true then basically they are telling us: You can have the game for free with 1 character or you can buy the same game with all characters for $60+. Also, the character packs will very likely be much cheaper to purchase rather than buying the full game because the marketing for this game makes logical sense /sarcasm
    Currently Playing: