Thread: Ghost Trick

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar

Ghost Trick

YouTube - Ghost Trick - Official Captivate Announcement Trailer

Anyone played it yet? I charged through it in about 2 days when it first came out some weeks ago. I was slightly skeptical at the very beginning because Apollo Justice, who shares the same writer I believe, wasn't all that great in comparison to previous entries in the Phoenix Wright series. I thought that he had maybe lost his touch. It turned out amazing though.

After the first few hours I sort of forgot what I was playing. It took me back to when I played old adventure games on a comp in grade school. Felt nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Lady Succubus Ghost Trick Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Ghost Trick

I blasted through the game in the same amount of time. And I'm going to disagree with you; I rather enjoyed Apollo Justice when I played through it.

I really loved the twist in Ghost Trick, and I did also forget what I was playing for a little while. The story was well put together and made a lot of sense when everything was brought together at the end. The characters were well done and had a variety of personality.

I wish it was a longer game, though.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar

Re: Ghost Trick

Apollo Justice was blaaarrgghhgohg.

The characters were really fun. I don't think you get as attached to them as in Phoenix Wright, but the interactions are more candid despite that you're not even interacting with most of them. A lot of people didn't like the investigation portion of Phoenix Wright cases, so it probably works out for them.

I'm sort of glad the game didn't drag out much more. There were certain characters that could have been elaborated on more, but overall it ended when it should have. The puzzles took long enough and there was enough dialogue (especially if you explored in between major events) to make it a good 15-hour game. Pretty normal for an adventure game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow