Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: games you are ashamed to have played.

Antidrall

games you are ashamed to have played.

As the title suggests, games that you feel shameful or dirty to have played. you don't have to have hated it. you just felt unclean, depressed or wrong to have pressed each button. I'll go first.

Pokemon pearl

Now don't get me wrong. I friggin love the older pokemon games and even the manga(that being the only manga I read other than megaman X). But The latest additions to the pokemon franchise are absolute garbage. This can be explained by 3 main problems:

1. The gameplay is to slow.

I remember playing my beloved pokemon yellow and having most battles over in less than a minute unless your trying to catch them. But each fight in pearl or diamond is a struggle to stay awake. each attack takes like 10 seconds to go. Also in the other games like fire red or sapphire your running goes like lightning speed. but in pearl, running is like jogging or something.

2. The graphics are not that impressive.

all the sprites in the game are pretty simple and seem that they should be on the GBA. I was forced to waste 150 bucks for my DS and I was pretty annoyed by the lack of graphical upgrades.

3. The pokemon are just damn stupid!

To be honest, I didn't expect much from this generation after seeing some pokemon. I know that the first generation was sort of cute but this time it seemed like it was for babies. I only saw 5 pokemon while playing before I went insane. I could BARELY take the starter pokemon. I could even take the Starly,bird,thing. But what sent me over the edge was this damned thing http://www.enregistrersous.com/image...0605194002.jpg. Dear god in heaven. I almost went into a murderous rampage As soon as I saw just the picture and name. Bidoof. WHAT THE **** KIND OF NAME IS THAT!?!? If this is just one of the common pokemon then imagine how idiotic the rest will be! I mean why? why such an assinine name? I also checked on some pokemon fan site and saw it's evolution. And guess what? THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT IT SITS ON IT'S ASS! And I-(tranquilizer into the neck) lwejd vlg b la j laj alj r vlaqpntq bqo5bn qB eqB qeb e bqeQ24943 q....... Okay I'm back. just needed some pills.

So in conclusion I was emberassed to have played this game. I actually had to sum up a lot of courage to put this up on this forum so I actually got a lot off of my chest. Thank you for reading to my rant, Antidrall out.

P.S. you don't have to be as detailed as I was.
    Last edited by Antidrall; 02-03-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Barbie Horse Riding!!! Ahhhh... not only am I ashamed to admitting to this but it was in German too. Anything for a horse game I guess you could say x3.
    I remember I used to beg people to play with me so we could have horse races... Oh dear. The memories still burn in my memory like the Olympic flame D;
    It was a pretty basic game... the shame came from it being Barbie. <_<

Haha a game I felt dirty after... GTA. XD My friend took us to the Strip Club and boy.. that was wrong xD. The game is safely tucked away for the mean time... x.o

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Just kind of there. games you are ashamed to have played. Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Probably Beetlejuice for NES.
    EVERYTHING can kill you in one hit except most enemies.
    Those enemy take 2 shots usually.
    I've yet to figure out how to hit the first boss.
    The death music sucks, And i assure you. You will be hearing it A LOT.
    The only thing half way decent about this game is that i really like the first level's background music.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth games you are ashamed to have played. Xanatos's Avatar
    Definitely Mortal Kombat 4 for PS1.The grapichs in MK4 sucks even for PS1 standards.Characters are stupid and the story(if there is one)is lame.Most fighting games are fun but this game is just boring and hard.Compared to Tekken and Street Fighter this game is just weak.I know that many people love this game but I just cant see why.One of the worst games that I have ever played(probably the worst).

~☆~Muahahaha!!!~☆~ games you are ashamed to have played. SilkAngel's Avatar
    A city where the traffic is slower than a fat kid in a sandbox. -__- A REALLY fat kid. >.<
    Lilo and Stitch for GBA by far! I can't even beat the first boss! The graphics suck, and it's too hard >.< *cries*
    My TFF Family! <3

Fate, my cuddly and lovable brother-in-law.

Armageddon, my awesome, evil, chaotic younger brother.

Warrior Ninja games you are ashamed to have played. Led Zeppelin's Avatar
    Well I've got two games that I feel shameful that I ever played >.>...
    Barbie Fashion Deisgner XD... Basically in this game you take Barbie or two of her other friends our for a shopping trip and pick out an outfit that you liked (Could be swim wear, Date dress, Job uniforms or something random)... And after you're done picking out one you do a fashion show and take pictures of your Barbie XD... I still think there's some pictures on my computer somewhere >.>...

Monkey Ball 2.... I believe I mentioned somewhere that this wasn't a great game >.>.... Can scar a person for life of monkeys they do creepy dances in these balls and sing in a different monkey language O.O... And plus you had to finish these obticle courses with you monkey rolling around and some of the courses felt like they were impossible to beat!! And you couldn't move on until you beat them all ^^'.... It just wasn't a great game and I regret playing it <.<

The Azure Flame games you are ashamed to have played. Raziel13's Avatar
    im sorry to say i played Pocahontas for the original Gameboy

Zephon
    >.< tekken the first one >.> damn it was annoying

Registered User games you are ashamed to have played.
    I try to be a savvy shopper when it comes to my video games, but sometimes I get swept up in the hype of a game.

My pick:

Wii Music

It's not a terrible game, just one that isn't suited for me. I expected a little bit more from this title, like making my own tunes like I could in Mario Paint for the SNES. I just got bored with it after a few hours and I gave it to my eight-year old cousin. She loves it, btw.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The Alpha &amp; Omega games you are ashamed to have played. Einherjan's Avatar
    Persona 4

Probably Big League Sports or Off Road extreme for the Wii. These games were SO horrible beyond imagination. I could see a five year old making these games. Neither have good controls. You play games like tennis on the sports one and you first of all are playing alone and second of all you don't even choose where the ball goes! The racing one doesn't even have the controls right in the book telling you how to play, which is ridiculous. Not even the people that made it play the game. Well, bottom line, these games are just awful. I'd say the sports game is worse because atleast you choose where to go in the racing one.

Boredness rules us all games you are ashamed to have played. Midnight Panda's Avatar
    wii music and the open season game (lol wat i was 10)
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

Whoops wrong thread. Games I am ashamed of playing?
    50 cents 2nd video game, that game is completely stupid omg lol.
    Last edited by loaf; 08-16-2009 at 10:07 PM.

Protecter of the Crystals games you are ashamed to have played. rydia123's Avatar
    a game i was pretty ashamed of was FFX-2
    i beat it because im a huge fan of FF's

but that one was just bad
    i think 10 wasnt too good itself

but 10-2 was just bad..
    i dont think it needed to be made.

i think its just too girly of a game
    with the singing and dancing all the time

i think there wasnt enough charcters

kinda lame last boss....
    idk..

thats just me tho..
    Its a madhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A MADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAA MADDDHOUSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Certified tech, come at me! games you are ashamed to have played. SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm ashamed to have played boogerman, that game was just obnoxious and stupid. I don't care for the Harvest Moon games because raising a farm isn't my style. Sonic Unleashed, it looked really good too and Sega just HAD to kill it with the Were-hog feature of the game, which caused the game to be half good and half bad and thats a bad sign for any video game. I'll try not to be too hard on this one but Halo wasn't all that great. Its pretty hyped for an FPS, its good but it lacks the charm other FPSes have.
    Currently Playing:

Antidrall
    "Okay, everybody stand back! Give this thread some air!"

"We have no pulse!"

"Okay, charge up the paddles!"

"charging"

"Don't die on me, damn you!"

"charged!"

"Okay, clear!"

I gottanother log to add to the fire of shame. You know the marvel ultimate alliance games? Well, I'm gonna throw in those ones. when I first saw the commercial I was like "Spiderman and Daredevil in the same place?! Badass!" so when I wet to my cousins' house I saw that they had it. we sat down to play it and I was dumbfounded. The first three levels were exactly the same, some bloody mechanical factory. I was so tired from the repetition and monotunous combat that I almost fell asleep. and it was friggin 3 o'clock. never again have I admitted to this shame, and everytime someone mentions it's name, I go into a rogue rage and murder an innocent bystander. now, if yo all excuse me, I gotta go was my hands.

"we have a pulse! Heartbeat is stablizing!"

"We've done all we can...the rest...is up to the repliers."

Soup Kitchen Jerk. games you are ashamed to have played. Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Whoops wrong thread. Games I am ashamed of playing?
    50 cents 2nd video game, that game is completely stupid omg lol.
    Blasphemy, Loaf. Blood on the Sand is ****ing amazing.

A game that I'm ashamed more to have been excited about was Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. A turn-based RPG based in the LotR universe? YES PLEASE. Then I played it, and it was just a terrible FFX rip-off.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Antidrall
    Well when me and my friend gotta hold of that lord of the rings game, the only way we could go through with it without being totally ashamed was by shouting "EPIC!!!" whenever we attacked...It was funny that way.....EPIC!!!

Registered User games you are ashamed to have played. Kindushin's Avatar
    Games I am ashamed of playing.... hm...
    Reign of fire. Yeah. Exactly.
    It was good once you got to be the dragon, but you had to finish the game first >.>

rodrick
    I think grand theft auto was the game I feel ashamed of playing but after sometime I like playing it.
    What we can do it's a human nature.

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd have to go with Star Ocean 3 here... it started off great, and from what I hear, the story is pretty damn good once things get going... but seriously, I can't believe how stunningly crap the party AI is. I tell them to conserve MP, they still spam special attacks and end up killing themselves with full HP. Why? Because you die if you run out of MP, and you can't just use a regular life item or spell to revive them, you have to use some BS elusive item that you only get 1 of occasionally, so, basically, you're better off just playing the game without other party members, which in most cases is impossible. Seriously. I don't think I've ever walked away from a game so frustratingly angry.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk View Post
    A game that I'm ashamed more to have been excited about was Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. A turn-based RPG based in the LotR universe? YES PLEASE. Then I played it, and it was just a terrible FFX rip-off.
    This one right here. The game is horrible. There's little story, and even what there is isn't impressive in the least. The combat system is just ripped off of FFX, only it's more boring because there's less to do or something. It was really simple. But an obvious FFX rip-off.

I couldn't finish it because there's too much combat, and the combat itself is boring. And at the end of that there just wasn't enough story to pull me through the game.

I don't know why I still have this game sitting on my shelf.
    Last edited by Fluffy; 12-29-2009 at 10:47 AM.

Fun For Hire games you are ashamed to have played. FamousMortimer's Avatar
    *Jet Force Gemini (N64)
    *Clayfighters
    *Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES)
    *Superman 64
    *Suikoden 3 and 4
    *Tony Hawk Pro Skater (N64)
    *Pokemon Snap (n64)
    *Batman Forever
    *Army Men: Sarge's Heros
    *Revolution X (gENESIS)
    ...I could go on all day....

Death Before Dishonor games you are ashamed to have played. Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: games you are ashamed to have played.

I was ashamed to have played Kung Fu Panda. When my friends would come over I would hide it, then one of them asked if I played it, and I said no, and they well it is a cool game you should play. After that I was ashmaed no more.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み games you are ashamed to have played. ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I got Ben 10 with my PSP. God, it was terrible. I thought I would give it a chance, considering I had just payed for it (it came with Tekken too, it was the best deal at the time), but it really was a bad game. Typical kind of kids game, with really cheesy voice overs, controls that were just too simple, and crappy linear levels.

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! games you are ashamed to have played. ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment

Game I was ashamed to play was Rugrats: runaway reptar for the PlayStation 1, I played the game when I was 17 years oI played, and sadly I played through the whole game.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

deathlord

The worst game Ive played was ren and stimpy for the super nintendo and man it was so slow that it was hard going to the next level. Although it was funny at times so it made break the game when I finished it.

When it was gone they made many more versions of it oh the irony

Registered User games you are ashamed to have played. CloudvsLightning's Avatar

Lord of The Rings The Two Towers for Game Cube. That game was so horrible, I played it for half an hour then gave up on it.

Harry Potter The Chamber of Secrets (also for GameCube). I needed another memory card and couldn't save it then when I got to my first major enemy I couldn't kill it because . . . well I'm not sure why . . . its been a long time.

Zoo Tycoon for DS because everything was limited - from the amount of foliage to the number of animals. It was just a really bad game.

Harry Potter 5 for the DS because I was able to beat in in like a day and then I was like - oh I beat it . . . well that was . . . disappointing.

Then forget the name for this game, but it was Mario Soccer or something like that for the Wii and it was just so hard to play because the controls were difficult to memorize . . . but I guess that is what happens when you let your parents buy video games for you for Christmas.

"One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them -"

"Hey dude! Wrong place! This isn't The Lord of the Rings."

"Really? Are you sure . . . I mean . . ."

"I'm sure now go! Yeah now get out of the spotlight. I have some Deepground soldiers to shoot."

Controlling With Fear games you are ashamed to have played. Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

I remember playing Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 24 for the Ps1, what a piece of #@$&. Other than that, i once tried to play Superman 64, its really really bad. Avgn did a bit on Superman 64, check it out when you guys get the time.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've played two Rugrats games. Studio Tour and Totally Angelica. I thought the Studio Tour was fun, but it gave me a headache after a while, especially on the golf mini games and in this other place with grassy platforms and waterfalls. Totally Angelica was okay... but got boring very quickly. >>

I also played a bit of Charlie's Angels on PS2. I did the first level and took it back to the store the next day. ^^;

And there's more... I just don't remember them at the moment. Thankfully.
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 10-27-2010 at 07:46 PM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast