Thread: Funniest video games

Funniest video games

We don't usually think of video games as being "funny". Sure they can be called "fun", "creative", "different", "unique" etc..., but how often do we finish a game, and think, "man, that was a funny game"??

So, if you had to pick some of the funniest video games that you've ever played, what would they be?

Concor
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Queen Funniest video games Crescent's Avatar
    Def I second Conker's Bad Fur Day.

I didnt finish it but Deadpool had me in stitches many times, esp whn he shot himself in the face.

Certified tech, come at me! Funniest video games SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I nominate The Adventures of Hourai High School as funniest video game. That whole game was a laugh fest and it parodied rpgs in the same manner as EarthBound did.
    Currently Playing:

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Funniest video games Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Expanding the definition of "funny" a bit, my personal favorites are the Earthworm Jim games. Where they lack in dialogue, they make up in charm. Everything about those games is absurd. Launching a cow (for no reason) at the beginning of the first level, only to land at the very end of the game; bouncing puppies thrown by a psycho crow in a space suit between two buildings using a large marshmallow; evil cats and lawyers trying to kill you in Hell; knocking a bungie-jumping anthropomorphic booger named Major Mucus off his bungie; a trivia contest where every answer is ridiculous; a "boss fight" against a killer goldfish in a bowl that lasts only the time it takes EWJ to take him out and eat him. Oh, and you control an earthworm in a power suit that has a mind of its own. Need I go on?

The Portal games certainly had their moments. Based on dialogue alone, they would be my favorite. I thought the games were very well written. However, the games themselves aren't inherently funny. They mostly consist of bland, depressing environments with ways of manipulating physics to advance to the next level. Without the voice acting and interaction with GlaDOS, Wheatley, et al, they would be rather mundane.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Bone Town. Funny as hell. Use mary jane, coke, shrooms, peyote, frog and other drugs for special skills. And it's xxx so you have to have sex to regain health and stamina. It's a parody game with a twist.

And yes, Conker for sure is one of them. So sad they couldn't finish the sequel. It just kills me everytime I think about it.

Queen Funniest video games Crescent's Avatar
    Id also nominate the Ace Attorney series. All those new (n old) zany personalities n eccentric characters you encounter during your investigations.