Thread: DS games you would recommend to other people

Certified tech, come at me! DS games you would recommend to other people SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DS games you would recommend to other people

I recently bought Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and it is awesome! I put up this thread because it would help people find more good DS titles to check out if they never heard of them before or are not sure about certain titles that other users on this site have.

Heres my list of DS game recommendations:

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
    Final Fantasy III DS
    Final Fantasy IV DS
    Chrono Trigger DS
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
    Fire Emblem: Dragon Sword
    New Super Mario Bros
    Mario Kart DS
    Super Mario 64 DS
    Warioware Touched
    Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Lets hear you guys' recommendations for DS games.
    Currently Playing:

Insanity is a girls best friend. DS games you would recommend to other people Fearless's Avatar
    The World Ends With You

Hellz Yes.

(In Japanese, It's actually called "It's a Wonderful World" 8D)
    I hear you whisper,
    Love me
    Love me

Mmm I have a couple... I'm still fairly new to the Nintendo DS though =^^=

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
    Battles of Prince of Perisa
    Tetris DS
    (Tetris, an all time classic!)
    New Super Mario Bros. <- although it wasn't great... still good if you like Mario!

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

~The Prince of the Moon~ DS games you would recommend to other people Hiromi Kikawada's Avatar
    Ooooh...i have a few.

Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles Rings of Fate - Its not like all the other FF but its really good.

Phantasy Star Zero - I LOVE Phantasy Star and im glad one for the DS is out. ;3

Rune Factory A Fantasy Harvest Moon - Yuu might not like Harvest Moon games but this one is like RPG. Fighting monsters,level ups,weapons...ect.

Children of Mana - From Square Enix... ;3
    Credit to Kilala san for the Yuna signature~ <3

Warrior Ninja DS games you would recommend to other people Led Zeppelin's Avatar
    DS games that I'd recommend are:

Nintendogs: I find that they're the cutest little things ever =3...YOu get to take care of them, take them on walks and put them in competitions where you could win ribbons and money on the game ^^

Yoshi's Island DS: Did you ever play on the Yoshi World game on the old Nintendo 64??...Well it's kind of like the same thing you play as yoshis going through places and you're trying to help little babies out...It's really fun to play and it brought back memories of the older one :]

Pokemon Diamond: I always fancied pokemon games they're just so much fun to play...It has the basics like the one for the gameboy but it has the new pokemon instead and the story, I find, is a little better then the originals ^^

That's my list of recommendation so far I'll edit if I can think of some more <3

Master of the Shadow Key DS games you would recommend to other people KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    Don't forget a fairly new game that came out: Rhythm Heaven. You are given a scenario and must do a specific action while keeping a nice rythm. It is very addictive!
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Asking all the personal questions. DS games you would recommend to other people RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    Definitely Final Fantasy Grimore of the rift it is like Tactics advance but a bit more simpler and the story line isn't quite as good but it is still a good play.

I do have to agree Fire Emblem and Children of Mana are a must.

I don't mind playing a bit of Pokemon every now and again.

And for those that are interested i would recommend Brain Train the puzzles and games are addictive.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Certified tech, come at me! DS games you would recommend to other people SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh man, i totally forgot about adding Children of Mana to the list. I have that game and I totally enjoyed it. That game recently got me into playing DS games again.
    Currently Playing:

I happen to like Animal Crossing: Wild World. It's a great game even though the Wii version of AC came out not too long ago now. I would also agree with Nintendogs, a very entertaining and cute game for all ages really.

Final Fantasy III is cool, I like it even though I haven't played a lot of it. Also I enjoy FF Fables: Chocobo Tales, very cute and addictive.

There are too many good games on the DS!

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

Ellipsis DS games you would recommend to other people Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
    I'd recommend The World Ends With You.

It has a unique gameplay, unique characters, and a unique storyline.
    A challange, but fun in many ways. Humor, Terror, Drama; all rolled in one!
    It is mostly, while being made, focused on music.

I'll give you the link to the OS:

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU | SQUARE ENIX
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

~☆~Muahahaha!!!~☆~ DS games you would recommend to other people SilkAngel's Avatar
    A city where the traffic is slower than a fat kid in a sandbox. -__- A REALLY fat kid. >.<
    Rune Factory 2 is a must buy if you like romance/action + fantasy/farming

I also enjoy Animal Crossing: WW, Final Fantasy III, IV, and Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate
    Pokemon is also a classic that I love <3

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み DS games you would recommend to other people ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    Topping my list is The World Ends With You. Amazing game, one of the most unique games you will ever find.

Others I would recommend are Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow, FF III, FF IV, Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and Bust-A-Move DS.

Registered User DS games you would recommend to other people Sinin's Avatar
    The World Ends With You
    Pokemon (Anything but Dash>.>)
    Rhythm Hevan
    Pheonix Wright
    Apollo Justice
    Cooking Mama (bitchin'!)
    Please excuse my dear aunt sally

I want to play a game. DS games you would recommend to other people Zargabaath's Avatar
    Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen and Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride.

I've played beat all six chapters in IV and I am very close to beating V.

The Dragon Quest series is what got me into RPGs and one of my favourite series. I can't wait till Dragon Quest VI and IX for the DS

When Square Enix announced that the Zenithian Trilogy (DQ IV-VI) were going to remake those games for the DS and bring them stateside was a very happy day.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

The joke is far too true DS games you would recommend to other people loner-kid's Avatar
    well seeing as no one else has mentioned it I reccomend Disgaea ds. It has a great story that's full of random humour, and the gameplay is really top notch. As a stratergy RPG it's got quite a lot of depth, you can create characters, level up equipment in the item world, request better equipment from the senate; long story short it's a game you can easily pour hours into

Read some of my stuff here
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...-snippets.html

The Gargoyle
    SPOILER!!:

The gargoyle sits, solemnly, alone
    That silent man of stone
    Here, for his deeds he must atone

Beaten eyes stare blankly
    Withered arms curved and wrinkly
    Bat-like wings spread fully

For once he was a man deceitful
    His soul decored in black so hateful
    From his despair grew pain most vengeful

With his death he was deserted
    Left condemned and desecrated
    Bound to form most understated

And now he is but a statue made of stone
    Sitting all alone

Star Gaze
    SPOILER!!:
    High in the sky, blinking down on us
    We all watch the stars
    Believing, as we do
    That friends and lovers long since moved away are staring upwards too
    Remembering us as we remember them
    Smiling in the light of an unatainable star
    And even if the star was snuffed out at that very moment
    We would never know
    We just keep smiling
    And believe the star is true

My TFF Family
    (is laughably small because 'loner' turned out to be fairly accurate)
    Unknown-Entity - loner-kid's hilarious 'friend'
    Raider - my ginger brother

Choo-Choo Bear DS games you would recommend to other people Volendral's Avatar
    The ace attorney games are awesome. Starting with Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and going to Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice. A great serious (Though, I still wish that they would of stuck with Phoenix Wright...)

anything by

square-enix is pretty amazing on DS

Blog Entries
    Ah, I've been thinking about DS recommendations lately, glad to see there's a thread. An old one, but still good nonetheless. *dusts it off*

So, I see RPGs are pretty well covered here, as I expected. What I would like to know is if anyone has recommendations for more quirky, offbeat kinds of games or games you think may be overlooked/underrated.

And somewhat related to that, has anyone played Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled? It sounds interesting but I'm not entirely sold on it yet. If anyone has any experiences with this game I'd love to hear (read?) about it.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 DS games you would recommend to other people Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    ~Pokémon Platinum
    ~The Upcomming Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Selkie in training DS games you would recommend to other people Silver Spyro's Avatar
    New super mario bros.
    Mario 64 DS.
    Any mario, really.
    FF3 DS.
    Uck... I forget.. I'll probably come back with moar.. <<;
    Call me Silver.

DS games you would recommend to other people V_Translanka's Avatar
    The Ace Attorney series - Its been said numerous times already because this is such a solid series. If you hear "point & click" and get turned off, fight that feeling, dammit! These games rule.

The Castlevania series - I've been playing Portrait of Ruin, but I've also played some Order of Ecclesia and they both kick ass. If you've played Aria of Sorrow on GBA then you should probably play the follow up Dawn of Sorrow for DS as well. This series has always been epic and keeps on kicking ass.

Bangai-O: Spirits - To me, it's got kind of a big learning curve, but its possible I'm just stupid. Either way, it's a pretty great shooter (oldschool-type, not FPS).

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen - This is a remake of one of arguably the BEST NES RPG. To me, it's easy to see that this is where FFVI got the early inspiration of going from linear during the first half to blowing wide open to an expansive, explorable world in the second half. Then dig on DQV as it was one of the best SNES-era RPGs. Coming soon: DQVI & DQIX.

Dragonball: Origins - Its Akira Toriyama, its Dragonball, its cute, its funny, its one of the only action/adventure games I would play. Maybe not the best the DS has to offer, but a nice, light play to help wash Evolution out of your consciousness.

Etrian Odyssey - Great oldschool RPG fun set to a dungeon-crawler setting. The story doesn't pick up for a few levels of said dungeon, but if you're into hardcore, level-grinding action, this is the RPG for you (there's a sequel too!).

Exit - Think new gen sort of Adventures of Lolo puzzler. I wouldn't want to buy it, myself, but its the sort of 2nd game you might buy for someone when you're not entirely sure how much they'll like the 1st choice you get 'em. Very light play for on-the-go stuff when you're not playing one of the bajillion SRPGs that are on the DS.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Speaking of SRPGs, if you're going to get one, it might as well be this remake of the 1st of this legendary SRPG series.

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - Unless you simply cannot stand the oldschool topview (and if that's the case then I wouldn't be recommending to you anyways, you terrible new gen graphics whore you!), this is another good entry to the GTA series. They do some fun stuff with the touch screen as well (feel that aggravation as you have to manually hotwire that car...!). Shooting things is still not as fun as the newer 3D GTAs, but running over people is always fun no matter what view you're in.

Knights In the Nightmare - Part of my favorite newer series (Dept. Heaven). It isn't necessary to play the others (Riviera & Yggdra Union), but you should anyways as they're just as awesome in their take on their various genre. If you're looking for a slightly new gaming experience, I don't think you could do much better than the Dept. Heaven games. There's a BIG learning curve here, so not for the feint of heart.

The Megaman Star Force series - If you liked the Battle Networks, this is basically Capcom going, "Here's some more slightly modified same!" I can dig it, though.

Metal Slug 7 - It's Metal Slug, bitch. If you need an explanation beyond this is an amazing side-scrolling shooter series the likes of which not even the Contra series has been able to hold its own against, then it isn't for you.

Professor Layton & the Curious Village - In a sea of puzzle games for the DS, Professor Layton stands at the peak. There's an upcoming sequel coming as well (something about a Mysterious Box or something...he's probably searching for that ever-elusive G-Spot is my bet). It basically plays like a virtual puzzle book with brain teasers, tests of common sense & eye tricks of various types.

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - Strange RPG hybrid set to a strategic Bejeweled battle system where you'll fight for lines of skulls to attack or lines of multi-colored jewels to build up various mana bars to use specific abilities. It sounds stupid, but its pretty addictive...Though after a while it gets kind of tiring to keep at it. Might be another one of those in-between other games game depending on how dedicated you get playing it. There's tons of little sidequest things to do in this to keep you busy for quite a while if you really get into it.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
    - DS...Devil Survivor! GET IT?! AREN'T THEY CUTE?? Anyways, this is a pretty decent SRPG. I've never played a Megten before, but this one left a pretty good impression on me. Interesting storyline where you learn that people are going to die and you get trapped in this specific area of Japan using demons to help you fight other demons and junk. Eventually you start combining demons to make better demons and switch around abilities and all that.

Suikoden Tierkreis - I've been playing this one the most recently. This is likewise my first foray into this particular (& popular) series and it too has given me a good impression so far. A quite enjoyable turn-based RPG...I can't quite understand why its gotten such bland reviews (though I've heard this is sort of just how reviewers seem to have been treating turn-based RPGs)...Multiple worlds, cool!

Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - Hey, another series I haven't played before! It's an SRPG with an interesting combo system. I haven't gotten into it very much (TOO...MANY...SRPGS...!), but I'd still suggest it, I think.

Probably more (I'll just go ahead & agree with FFIV & CTDS right now, enough has been said about those, I think), but I can't think right now and that should do anyways, dammit! There's always more games coming for this system...I hope we get Shining Force Feather & even just ONE version of Tales of Hearts.

Registered User DS games you would recommend to other people Fayt.'s Avatar
    I'm not a massive DS player.

But ones that have stood out to me so far are the Dragon Quest remakes (IV & V), both are quality old school style RPG's.

And for a strat-RPG with a different flavour try Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, the story is quite unlike the majority of others out there.