Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phantasia SNES Version

0 0%
  • Phantasia PSX Version

1 50.00%
  • Symphonia Version

1 50.00%

Thread: Fighting of The Spirit song Tales of Phantasia Snes version vs PSX vs Symphonia version

Certified tech, come at me! Fighting of The Spirit song Tales of Phantasia Snes version vs PSX vs Symphonia version SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fighting of The Spirit song Tales of Phantasia Snes version vs PSX vs Symphonia version

Don't know how many of you people have played the Tales of series but those of you that want to participate I have a nice contest poll to see which version of a certain song you like better. The song in question is Fighting of The Spirit which plays when you fight summoned monsters/spirits throughout Tales of Phantasia and Syphonia. Here I have comparisons of different themes.

Fighting of The Spirit - ToP SNES version

Fighting of The Spirit - ToP PS1 version

Fighting of The Spirit - ToS version

So which version of Fighting of the Spirit do you like the best? Mine is the PS1 version of Phantasia because it sounds more harmonious compared to the other two, the SNES version takes a close second because it has an angelic tone to it which makes it very pleasant to listen to.

Which version is your least favorite? Mine is the Symphonia version because the notes are really off key from the original song and some of the instruments used in this version aren't that great.
    Currently Playing:

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Fighting of The Spirit song Tales of Phantasia Snes version vs PSX vs Symphonia version Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Of the three choices, I prefer the Tales of Symphonia version---due to its off-key nature, actually. I feel like it's taken down a half step intentionally to evoke a different sort of tone or feeling for the encounter(s) in Symphonia versus the ones in Phantasia. At least, that's my opinion on it. One would really need to be familiar with how the song was originally written for Phantasia to appreciate the slight difference in key, though. Otherwise it's just a song.

But it doesn't matter!! All three pale in comparison to this version of the song. This is one of my favorite songs for highway driving.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Certified tech, come at me! Fighting of The Spirit song Tales of Phantasia Snes version vs PSX vs Symphonia version SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Currently Playing: