Thread: Female or Male character?

Boxer of the Galaxy Female or Male character? Rowan's Avatar

Female or Male character?

If theres an RPG that lets you choose which sex you'd like your character to be, do you choose Male or Female? And why? I choose female because its nice to have a sexy character to look at while im playing the game. I like to see the character in different outfits etc, I find it pretty cool. I lose that fun with male characters because I really couldnt care less what they look like. Since a lot of RPG nowadays allow you to customize your characters, its such a big aspect of the game that I would find that kind of fun lost on a male character.

#LOCKE4GOD Female or Male character? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't really care. However what I do hate is when outfits/clothing items are tied to in-game abilities and stats. Then you end up dressing your character not in ways that you like, but as some fugly Frankenstein just to max out stats, or having two builds: one for boss stats, another one that isn't painful to look at.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar
    Male. Once, I started playing as a female in KOTOR before realizing that most of the romantic interests would not be women... which could have been fun at first, but probably wouldn't illicit the dramatic effect intended. So as a rule of thumb I don't play female characters in western RPGs. That said...

I rarely play them. If I'm playing an MMORPG or some dungeon-wandering JRPG with little to no story, I'll go 50-50. Especially when I played WoW, where it was a choice between stupidly sexy and just plain stupid-looking. The human males looked like apes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Female or Male character? Xanatos's Avatar
    It really depends whether the game gives me an option to create my character from scratch or not. Since most WRGs do offer such option I choose male as I like to model my character to resemble me as much as possible (I'm egoistic as that, yes), in most JRPG male characters are usually androgynous posers while babes tend to be hawt, thus my choice should be obvious.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Chief Inspiring Officer Female or Male character? Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Male. usually good-looking ones.
    I can't stand watching those girls, all that flailing about as they run. I can't believe they'd be able to fight monsters in real life, either. :/
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Most of the time I find the male characters look stupid, so female is quite common for me. If the males look fine, the females probably still look better, but at least I might play male in that case.

If the game has some kind of romance option, I'll probably go male.

Queen Female or Male character? Crescent's Avatar
    Usually I pick Males..TBH Im not concerned with the sex, I don't give a shit what they look like, my choice ultimately comes down to the stats, abilities, weapons tied to that sex if given those options. Often its the males that hold most of my preferred weapons. Although when I play Elder Scrolls, I often choose a female because I love trying to make it look like a supermodel hahaa..getting the bone structure right, eyeliner, eyeshadow, eye width, face shape, nose width etc..Its like a fun mini game to me. There are mods for that as well, I dnt care. But it doesn't hurt to play as a sexy Vincent or Vergil lookalike every now and then..

Mystyrion
    Usually depends on the game and it usually comes down to how they look to put it in a nutshell.

Women characters look atrocious in the Fable series. So I've always gone with Male.
    Same goes for The Elder Scrolls series (In my respectful opinion)
    Mass Effect I chose to make the Shephard to look like me without a lot of detail gone into it.

On the other hand though, Women are usually more tantalizing in MMO's. Guild Wars 2, Tera, WoW..... all classes, all women.
    Even Diablo I chose a woman. They just look better.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like playing as both. Currently, I'm playing as a male Blood Elf in WoW and a male Nord in Skyrim. But I have female characters in both games as well.

Female characters do look a lot better than male characters though, and I prefer them slightly more. I always prefer to play as a combat rogue, and men don't usually fit the bill unless there's an option to make them thinner, haha. Bulky male rogues are a weird look.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Consistently Average Female or Male character? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It honestly depends on the game i'm playing and then it's usualy based on how they look. If one gender has silly hair or clothes i'll most likely go for the other one. Yeah that's dumb but I don't want to be irritated by the person I'm playing as. I played as a girl most of the time on Pokemon Crystal because before that game came along, you didn't have the option to play as one.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

It really depends on which looks cooler.

Take Diablo 3 for example, i made a Demon hunter..

And decided to go female, mainly because the female model looked exactly like my assassin from Age of conan, but also because the male Demon hunter stands around like hes just shat himself and is trying his best to hide it. He looked goofy as hell!!

And when i made the wizard i went female too, but thats just nostalgia from diablo 2, wizard being set on female.

I stick to the same trend for all other games generally, if male version looks crappy ill go with whichever looks cooler..

Death Before Dishonor Female or Male character? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I usually go with male seeing as how I am one. When I play RPG games I like to get into that shit, and imagine myself as that character. So I make myself a male character to do this.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

The Mad God Female or Male character? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I usually go with a female. Partially because of the entertainment that comes with customizing that just isn't there with a dude that I don't care what looks like, and partially because it makes the character less like myself. More detached from my reality, further immersed into the realm of fantasy. I don't like my fantasy time to remind me of reality.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

All is One.One is All. Female or Male character? Firefly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_R View Post
    I usually go with male seeing as how I am one. When I play RPG games I like to get into that shit, and imagine myself as that character. So I make myself a male character to do this.
    ^ This is exactly how I am(except with female of course). I have made male characters but they bore me.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

My couch pulls out but I don't. Female or Male character? midgetbob's Avatar
    I have a few names / class types that are male / female... in almost every game I play, those names / classes go together with the corresponding sex
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha

G'day Female or Male character? NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Female. Because I am one and I love customising my character. Pretty hair, awesome clothes! I know I sound like a bimbo, but idgaf, I love it

Boxer of the Galaxy Female or Male character? Rowan's Avatar
    in saints row 3, i do the same thing. I like making my chick have massive breasts and wear skimpy (but stylish) clothing. I also make her wear glasses. I love it. I dont care about having some muscly meat head guy character, its boring to me.

The Old Skool Warrior Female or Male character? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As with most, it really depends upon the game.

Mass Effect, for example, saw a Female Shepard for the Paragon playthroughs and a Male Shepard for the Renegade playthroughs. (Jennifer Hale is such a badass though; I'm told I need to do a Renegade FemShep to hear how well she plays those lines.)

Dragon Age was dependent more upon which class role I was setting for my characters. Dwarven Noble Male Warrior w/t tank spec, Dalish Elf Female Rogue w/ range spec, Male Human Rogue w/ backstab spec, etc. Dragon Age II saw the female character right away, and I have not played a male character yet.

In White Knight Chronicles, you create a player who has no certain role in the story, but is used in the multiplayer aspects of the game. Since the protagonist was male, I created a female.

In my MMOs, it tends to be a male character - though my main pilot in EVE Online is female. Most of the other games only see the female as an alternate character.

In Pokémon games, it literally alternates between games. As Pokémon Black is my most recent title, I have a girl named Freya. When Pokémon Black 2 rolls around, since it's technically a new character despite being a continuous storyline, I'll do the flip again and create a male trainer.

In Dragon's Dogma which I've poured 100+ hours into sporadically during my time MIA from here, my player character is male, dark skinned, and has elf-like pointed ears. I wanted to make him look as much like an Elvaan from FFXI as I could, and I'd like to think that I did so well enough. My pawn (for those who haven't played DD, a pawn is a personal companion - and you can hire additional user-made pawns to fill out your party) is female, but at max height with some crazy redheaded swoop hairstyle. She's ridiculously powerful, and still looks good - and because of this, she remains ranked in the top 4500 pawns on the ranking board despite there now being over 600,000 PS3 pawns ranked internationally. (Prideful moment, my apologies.)

There are many more examples, but I figured I got the point across well enough.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.