Thread: Fat Princess

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar

Fat Princess

Picked up this little game by recommendation of a friend for the PS3. Normally I don't really get into real time strategy-esque games. They wear on me after a few days and I just quit playing them. This is sticking, though.

The basis of it feels quite a bit like the DOTA mod for WCIII, where you and your teammates work together within a base to achieve a certain goal. The most common mode is lugging your princess, normally fat from being fed magical cake, out of the enemy castle and back to your's while keeping them from recovering their own princess. There are five classes. Each has an upgrade which grants them advanced weaponry and maybe one or two other benefits. You're normally able to switch between any class at any time simply by putting on the proper hat, found either in your base or off the corpses of your enemies.

I think it's like 15 or 20 people max for each team in an online game, which scales well to the general map size. The premise can be picked up easily, but the whole thing is quite deep considering how straightforward it is.

It's $15! Get it! Play with me on PSN!

I need more meat shields!
    Last edited by SOLDIER #819; 08-09-2009 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Che
    OMG I've been playing this game so much. I have four friends that play and we all have mics, so when we're playing together its like some of the most fun I've ever had! It's hilarious!

I usually play Ranger or Priest though, no meat shield. Though War is pretty fun, I've been making use of switching back and forth between weapons to my advantage recently with it.

Awesome! We should play together sometime!

I usually play as the worker class until we upgrade most of everything, at which point I switch between it and the ranger. Sometimes I just won't pick up a hat and catapult over to harass people with bombs, hahaha. I really wish I knew how to play the warrior though. It'd probably make getting the princess so much easier.

What's the difference between the sword and halberd/spear/etc.?
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Che
    The sword/shield can block arrows if you're locked (L1) onto your target. When you charge it up (hold Square) it does a spin attack that damages everyone around it in melee range.

The Polearm just does more damage on regular hits than the sword. However, when you charge it up, it does a charge attack that basically one-shots any mage/priest/worker if you hit them straight on. You can also use it to get across the map faster.

The Quiet One Fat Princess Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I picked this up over the weekend to give myself a much needed break from the endless hours of working. I ran through all of the single player stuff and want to get in to some of the multiplayer stuff sometime. I don't have a mic, but I've been meaning to looking into one if I start playing more multiplayer games. This is one game that looked like a lot of fun to play for multiplayer.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Che
    You can get a wireless bluetooth headset at Walmart for $19.99. Me and my best friend both picked one up and it works great.

And yes, we should play sometime S!

Ahhh, the shield. I completely forgot that ever existed. I just spammed the polearm's special, mostly to get across the map. I thought it would be good to get in close to rangers but most of the time I just overshoot them and cause no damage. I guess that's what the shield is for!

I haven't bought a headset yet either. If it's just $20, I should probably pick it up. Could have used it back in RE5... haha.

Selkie in training Fat Princess Silver Spyro's Avatar
    It actually looks pretty good, I may be getting it someday.
    Call me Silver.