Thread: F**k Bravely Default, f**k it up the ass!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth F**k Bravely Default, f**k it up the ass! Xanatos's Avatar

F**k Bravely Default, f**k it up the ass!

Bravely Default is the sole reason I ever wanted to own 3DS, and now that I do, now that I've actually gone through the game I cannot express how utterly disappointed I am. I don't remember the last time I was disappointed this much by a video game... actually I do, Dragon Age II, f**k that game.

Before I continue my rant let me explain why I was looking forward to playing this game so much. It's pretty much a spiritual successor to Final Fantasy III, a game I utterly adore. FF III is one of the most charming games I ever played, it's extremely addictive, up to the point where I've beaten it on every platform it released on, making it a Final Fantasy game I've beaten by far the most times. Bravely Default looked every bit like FF III and more, needless to say I was hyped beyond belief.

Now don't get me wrong. Bravely Default is not a bad game, far from it. It has a fantastic story and a charming set of characters. The thing is, it's all presented so goddamn poorly. Through most of the game villains keep telling you how you're wrong, how you know nothing and how you shouldn't awaken the crystals, but not a single soul cares to explain themselves. It's good you don't have your typical cliched villain monologue but the key parts of the story are kept secret in the worst possible way. "We can tell you why what you're doing is wrong, but we won't, because reasons". Characters themselves are no different, doing things just to further the story even after coming to certain realizations, thus you have certain behaviors and actions that don't make any sense.

The worst offender though is the second part of the game, chapter 5 to onward. From the story point of view it's brilliant, from the gameplay point of view however it's dreadful. You know those games that run out of ideas near the end so they throw all bosses at you again, imagine that times four. A lot of it is optional, unless you want the best gear in the game, that is. After chapter 4 the game becomes unbearably repetitive, a massive grind fest, after a while you just want it to end.

In short f**k Bravely Default, I think I'll stick to Final Fantasy III.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

TFF's Resident Messenger F**k Bravely Default, f**k it up the ass! Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, I take it you don't want to play Bravely Second?

I haven't actually finished Bravely Default, but I hope to someday. What I have played of it, I like. It does remind me of Final Fantasy III or Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, but more the latter. Except, it doesn't have characters being changed to cats and dogs (or whatever the characters get changed into, I never actually finished that game either). Anyway, it is still cute, and still makes me want to finish it.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was really looking forward to Bravely Second until my fiancé shot ahead in the game and got pissed off that it was pulling the same shit from the first game.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're fantastic games. But you can only keep replaying the same thing a few times before it gets boring and stops making sense.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth F**k Bravely Default, f**k it up the ass! Xanatos's Avatar
    Another thing that irks me about Bravely Default, perhaps more than anything else, is its true ending. It makes this games characters complete and utter idiots. Their actions during the last few chapters are unfathomable to say the least. Three out of four characters know certain someone is going to betray them, they are fairly certain that that what they're doing is wrong, latter mentioned by pretty much every goddamn "villain" and their mothers. And what exactly do they do about it? Nada, nothing, not a damn thing. They literally keep doing the exact same shit they were doing over and over again. And when the shit hits the fan they are surprised. Like, seriously? All of you f**king knew, how are any of you surprised in the slightest.

The false ending on the other hand makes much more sense, ie main characters are not brain damaged and act according to logic and common sense. Also you can trigger it as early as chapter 5, meaning you can avoid great deal of repetition.

Again, good story and characters, presented in the most dreadful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post
    So, I take it you don't want to play Bravely Second?
    Not likely.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity