Thread: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

I am almost finished with the game ( achievements, character unlocks, etc), and I am a little mixed on my final thoughts. I will start with the pro's. First of all, I thought the story was pretty well written given the odd mix of worlds. Second, I love the overall look of the game( then again I love anything that uses the Unreal engine). Finally all most all of the characters are a blast to use. However, my favorites are Captain Marvel, Batman, Superman, and The Joker.

While the cons of the game aren't enough to ruin the play, they are still pretty annoying to me. The first thing is unlockables. The game NEEDS more of these. There aren't even a handful of things to unlock (with the exception of achievements). Then, honestly there could have been more characters to choose from. Both universes (especially DC) have a multitude of kick ass characters that could have filled the roster up to at least 60. Finally, I found the Kombat Challenge to be a little too precises and extremely frustrating but that's just me.

So, what did you guys/girls think of it.

Re: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

Needs 1 image to sum things up

It's interesting this was brought up. I wonder with WB buying Midway and trying to reboot the series, that we'll get to see a proper followup. I remember being genuinely excited at the idea from the first teaser, but looking at the shoddy final product just makes me shake my head. Amazing it sold so well. Makes me wonder how a solid QUALITY game like MvC3 is going to sell.

I think that like Capcom, they shouldn't have half-assed the VAs, and have gotten DCAU/Timm-verse VAs.

Sorry if I come across as a troll or biased fan, it's just from what I've seen of the game really turns me off, and plus, I'm not big fan of the MK mythos.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I really liked the game. The story mode was fun, and some of the in-fight mini games like free falling and such, are really fun to do.

I only have two gripes with the game, they are quite big though. Firstly, the DC characters are good, but the only MK character that was any good really was Rayden. Baraka was ok too, but the rest were shocking, I cannot get on with any of them.
    The second was how easy it was to get the unlockables, and by unlockabales, I mean two extra characters. We needed more! More characters such as Cyrax, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Goro, The Riddler, Two-Face, Robin etc etc. This could have been a really eipc game, but it falters on the amount of characters in the game. We also could have done with a few extra stages and modes.

The final product was good, but this should be a game to test the water. The next game, providing there is one, they should aim to go all out and deliver an epic fighting game.

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually thoroughly enjoyed MK vs. DC. While it's a shame that compared to past games there's a massive lack of unlockables, the game itself is quite amazing. The combo system is remarkably tight and even contends closely with the likes of SFIV in terms of complexity and depth (though slightly more manageable since you don't have to input 20 commands in 0.2 seconds for a 7-hit combo >_>). Plus, come on. The Joker is the goddamn man.

I dunno, maybe I'm just biased, but I have yet to be able to speak ill of an MK game (aside from Special Forces, which makes any other game look like an artistic masterpiece...).

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Musashiden View Post
    The combo system is remarkably tight and even contends closely with the likes of SFIV in terms of complexity and depth (though slightly more manageable since you don't have to input 20 commands in 0.2 seconds for a 7-hit combo >_>).
    I totally agree on that. I'm finding SFIV very hard because of that (although I am a bit of a SF noob ). The actual mechanics of the game are spot on. In terms of the actual fights themselves, it is on my list of best fighting games I've ever played.