Thread: Eternal Sonata

Tsuna Feesh Eternal Sonata Fate's Avatar

Eternal Sonata

The last thread with this name died two years ago, but that was before its release date.

So has anybody played this game, the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 version? I have the Xbox 360 version, which I got roughly about a month ago. The game is absolutely amazing! Probably the most notable aspect in my opinion is the battle system, which was to say, simply ingenious. Limited real-time, that was nice and challenging.

Also, I thought the soundtrack was very good. I suspected that it would be, though, since its name is "Eternal Sonata." =P And the characters were great as well. Allegretto, Claves, Serenade. <3 The person who voiced Beat also voiced Roger from Star Ocean 3, you know. =P

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

The Quiet One Eternal Sonata Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I played the game with two people at work during lunch breaks over the course of like a month. I own the PS3 version and it was a lot of fun. They did not enjoy it too much, they like the combat, but they felt the story was poor. Oh well, it was a lot of fun and pretty standard fare as RPGs go for story. It just got a little more complicated with the combat changing on you as you progress through the game.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

who's been touching my materia? Eternal Sonata Fang's Avatar
    Yes the game is beautiful and the story is good. But, Sadly, in my opinion..the game lacks what it would makes it more beautiful. There is no side quests, No people to meet, nor any towns to explore. The villages and The towns are just buildings where you buy weapons and items. As for the combat, I get the feeling of repetitiveness.

My Heath Ledger fan sister:Unknown Entity

A Plain Old Derp Eternal Sonata Padraic's Avatar
    I have it for the 360, and I liked the graphics (hell they were beautiful ), but I found the gameplay just a little tedious, I liked the aspect of the light and darkness moves; but it was a little annoying at times, the story was good (up to the point I got to )

Did you know: All the characters are named after a type of or something to do with music? (besides Chopin)
    And Beat's voice actor also did Terriormon in the anime

Tsuna Feesh Eternal Sonata Fate's Avatar
    But Chopin was a composer. He did have something to do with music. =P

As for sidequests, I guess you could consider the Score Pieces a sidequest all by itself. I mean, you have to do that "sidequests" if you went Retto's Silver Star and Polka's Gold Moon. But at least they had a bonus dungeon like most RPG's.

Something little that disappointed me, however, was the fact that you couldn't rotate the camera. Most of the places there were absolutely beautiful, such as the Xylophone Tower, and it was a shame I couldn't have looked around it with more detail.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Cilla vs. Games Eternal Sonata Priscilla's Avatar
    Yes! I have Eternal Sonata for 360 as well. I really liked playing through it. I thought it was really pretty graphically but the battles got tedious in my opinion. But it was worth it. The only thing I didn't like all that much is what Fate said and that's that you couldn't rotate the camera. I hate not being able to do that.

Professional Klutz. Eternal Sonata Hyzenthlay's Avatar
    Love RPG discussions.

I'm still playing the 360 version. I'm getting pretty annoyed with trying to get all the soul shards. The one where you need like 99,999,999 is the most irritating thing in the world... Ever.

Anyway, I did enjoy this game a lot even if I did originally buy it to see how they worked in Chopin. Which still didn't work for me. The parts where it told you about his life should have been unlockables. So that you could watch them after, rather than in between chapters.

I agree with Cilla that the battles became tedious. I also think that some of the character designs were fantastic, some pretty crappy. I loved the first boss (the one that has to beat you) I think he should have lasted longer. I think that's what let me down the most, the fact that you didn't get much information on the villains. They kind of introduced them as they were going to die. I like to hate a villain before I kill them.

Still an all round good game, not brilliant. I love a 360 game where the achievement have a little challenge to get to 1000 points... This does.

Hyz.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner