Thread: End of Eternity / Resonance of Fate

Tsuna Feesh End of Eternity / Resonance of Fate Fate's Avatar

End of Eternity / Resonance of Fate

I have not seen a thread made for this game yet.

For all you tri-Ace fans out there that are unaware of this, another game has been announced. On April 1, 2009, a teaser site was released for the game. It was originally called End of Eternity in Japan, but outside, the game been changed to Resonance of Fate. It is another console role-playing game that will be released for the XBOX 360 and the Playstation 3. This time, however, tri-Ace is not partnering with Square Enix for the game, but rather, Sega instead.

The game takes place on Earth sometime in the future, where it has been contaminated by gases of poison. Due to the change in environment and inability to adapt to it, the Earth is on the verge of extinction. Remaining inhabitants who survived the disaster devised a way to cleanse the air around the place: by creating Bazel, a device which they buried deep underground. All is well for Earth, until one day, when Bazel begins to malfunction.

Personally, I prefer role-playing games that don't incorporate the use of guns that much. I feel it makes them appear too modern. However, up until now, tri-Ace has made remarkable games, in my opinion, so maybe this one will be another. Though I dislike the guns part, I will definitely try out this game when it comes out. Let's hope they can get finished with it and release it early on next year.

Here are some images of the game:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fate; 08-11-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

~☆~Muahahaha!!!~☆~ End of Eternity / Resonance of Fate SilkAngel's Avatar
    A city where the traffic is slower than a fat kid in a sandbox. -__- A REALLY fat kid. >.<
    You have a game named after you Fatey-Poo!! I wish that I could be as lucky as you.

I don't know why, but when girls fling themselves off of buildings, it just makes the game crazy awesome! I don't like the guns so much, but it is a nice change from all of the sword/magic games I have been playing lately.
    Overall, the graphics look very nice, and I'll have to ask for a 360 for Christmas! (Now I want to play it! T.T Why do we have to wait?!)
    My TFF Family! <3

Fate, my cuddly and lovable brother-in-law.

Armageddon, my awesome, evil, chaotic younger brother.

Registered User End of Eternity / Resonance of Fate Fayt.'s Avatar
    I love the look of this, about time we got some more JRPG's that are a bit left of centre, I'm getting tired of playing the same type of thing over and over again.

I get a Parasite Eve/Valkyrie Profile vibe from this so far, and that can only be a good thing.

Blog Entries
    Hmm....interesting. I may keep an eye on this one.

The guns don't bother me so much though I'm not really into that kind of thing myself, but a lot of RPGs are becoming less traditional in many ways so I do expect to see a lot more of the modernized RPGs coming down the pipe in the next few years. As good as they've been, I think the standard RPG is becoming too obsolete for the average gamer so we'll probably be seeing more of these action-oriented modern/futuristic games. The genre may well be evolving, though of course it's too early to say for sure.

The story sounds kind of like a bad disaster movie though, I'll admit. >_> Maybe it's one of those things, it'll be better than it sounds. There's been a lot of media in all forms trying to cash in on the whole global environment crises stuff in the last few years; hopefully this isn't one of them.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Tsuna Feesh End of Eternity / Resonance of Fate Fate's Avatar

Re: End of Eternity / Resonance of Fate

I just wanted to bring back this thread because the game will be released in North America tomorrow. I know for sure I'm going to be getting it, but I'm still playing Final Fantasy XIII, so I may not get around to playing it for a little while. Still, I'm really interesting in seeing how tri-Ace's newest game is like. =D I didn't pre-order it, but I don't think it's so well-known that I have a fear of everyone buying it out within hours of release.

Still, I'm excited for this game, too! Maybe not quite as excited as I was the day Final Fantasy XIII came out, but I've been waiting for more works from tri-Ace for a while now, after Star Ocean: The Last Hope came out (for the Xbox 360). Anyone else planning on getting it, pre-ordered it, or even heard of it before? >.<

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

.............. End of Eternity / Resonance of Fate smurphy's Avatar

I feel like Tri-Ace have been toying around with their fans what with the high expectations and very sub par quality of Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Hope. I honestly want to believe this game will be quality but Tri-Ace have let me down in the past. I will have to see initial reactions in the media before I decide to purchase.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

SeeD Instructor End of Eternity / Resonance of Fate theblackmonster's Avatar
    Ive had this game on reserve along with the guide for about a month im going to pick it up this Friday, i absolutely cant wait to see how it plays and what it looks like.

FFXIII will still consume my life though.

i went and picked up resonance of fate last night and wow this game is amazing i totally suggest everyone get this game. as i play through it ill make some updated reviews and so on.

so far the characters are presented and developed beautifully, the way the world map is set-up and layed out took me by surprise and you cannot just advance to the next section of the map you have to acquire things call energy hex's through battle.

Has anyone else got this game yet?!

If not, you need to! You will not regret it at all!
    Last edited by Andromeda; 03-23-2010 at 03:56 PM.

The Quiet One End of Eternity / Resonance of Fate Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've picked it up and have been playing it off and on the last few days. I've been caught between FFXIII and it along with other things I've been needing to do. I've been enjoying the game, but found myself farming for energy hexes a lot due to my desire to complete the map, not to mention all of the free treasure I've found as a result. I just wish there were more color energy hexes to be found. I can't unlock a lot of the terminals because of it.

Combat is pretty challenging at times, but interesting the way things pay out. I find the acrobatics going to be hilariously entertaining even if they are pretty silly. Up to Chapter 5 at this point. Though I really wish there was another machine gun available only having one has made it difficult in parts of the game to actually deal with enemies that I could have cleaned up on really easily. Actually I could finally afford the three handgun in order to switch around weapons.

I really like the creative use of trophy pictures for the game though. They actually construct a larger image the most you unlock.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Blog Entries

Bringing this thread back up because I just started playing this game and...I totally don't understand the combat system. >_>; The one true downside to renting, you don't get a manual with the game. I tried doing the tutorials at the arena but it doesn't do a very good job of explaining there either, imo. Just wondering if anyone's got some useful tips/hints.

~DragonHeart~

Blog Entries

I just played the tutorials and that explained everything I needed to know about the combat. But I will grant you that the combat is a little difficult to get into, but once you're in it is very easy. Steep introductory learning curve.

Anyway, without really know the trouble areas I try to go over a little of everything. I fortunately finished up it recently after taking a long break from it. So it is fresh in my mind.

You have two types of movement when your character comes one. You can just move around and every time the character moves your action meter on your name depletes in addition everything on the enemy side comes alive and attacks or moves. (If you've played Valkyria Chronicles it is exactly like that except that here when you stop the combat ceases from the enemy).

The other type of movement is through the hero action/hero gauge at the bottom of your screen appearing as red jewels/gems. A full complete red gem means you'll have on hero action you can take. This actions are completely linear you set an end point and your character will run to the end and your action meter on your character suddenly is proportional to how far away to the end point. The long the end point the more time you have.

The thing to remember is that during hero actions you can attack endlessly so long as you're moving. When not in hero actions you can only attack once. So once you fire your turn is over.

Your three characters are all required to take a turn before your "round" ends and it refreshes. However, you can take your turns in any order you wish. So you can flip through them. You can also have them take no action and that'll eat up their time. If they don't move and don't attack the enemy won't either. So it is good thing to remember when you need to use your submachines and your pistols have to wait. No sense wasting their time when you need to get in scratch damage.

Anyway, next things everything have two types of health scratch damage and real damage (I forget what the other is called). When things start everything has full health and is protected by scratch damage. A pistol will only ever do like 5 to 15 damage, no way of making it do more. The submachine is your damage dealer and sole purpose is to hit the scratch damage health. When you fire your submachine you'll deal scratch damage to your opponent. When that happens it exposes their actual health to being hurt. At this point you'll see two colors on the meter green and blue I think. The blue is how much scratch damage you've done to it and that can be knocked off. This is where the pistols comes in. A pistol can only do 5 damage, but when you have exposed health that suddenly changes. All that blue you have exposed will get taken off with a single bullet and you've suddenly done 5+1000 damage with a pistol, or whatever it is.

The flow of combat is you soften things up with the submachines to expose health and then come in with the pistols to take it way. If you let exposed health go without hittting it then it will regenerate over time. And the regeneration can be pretty quick if you're moving around.

When the enemy runs out of health they are dead, but that is not the case for your characters. That hero gauge comes into play again. The gems (bezels) are worth 1000 HP per. So when you completely lose all of your health the game will automatically consume bezels to refill your health to full. So if you have 4500 HP you'll lose 5 bezels. When you have no more bezels you go into a critical state and every damage you take is permenant. And you'll start to see that meter of health of yours disappearing with each pistol bullet. And when you die that time it is permenant and it is game over, anyone dies it is game over. Also when you consume bezels they get tossed out on the field in quarters. You'll have to run around to pick them up and return them to your hero gauge, but it won't refill the bezels to be used again. Also if the enemy picks up a quarter they'll be regened a sum of health. So it is really bad when they pick it up.

The only way to restore bezels for use is to wipe a meter of health. I say this because it is not so simply to say. If you kill someone you'll get a bezel, but killing is not required to gain a bezel. When you break gauge an enemy their health meter gets segmented. When this happens it is no longer one meter, but two meters, they still have the same health, but it is two meters now. Meaning if you totally kill them you'll get two bezels restored and not one. The most a normal enemy can have is five or six meters. Which means that you can really restore bezels fast if you know what you're doing. Also remember that armor and body parts, those additional meters also function the same way and restore bezels and can be broken as well.

About pistols other use in combat, the break gauage. I just talked about it, so here is how you make it happen. Pistols have a bonus effect when used that gives them a chance to break an enemies meter. This will end up depending on where you are hitting on the enemy, so you may end up breaking a body part or armor, but it is important for a couple of reasons. The first is that anytime you break a meter the enemy is stunned (so this is the strategy you'll use against tough bosses keep them stunned). The second is you want to break meters a lot so that you can get more bezels out of that meter.

Continuing about pistols and weapons in general. That circle that rotates around is very important. When it comes a circle that means you have 1 level stored up in the game. Think of it as 1% and this won't mean a lot until you get to 5%, but then you'll have a 5% chance of getting break. The percentage is capped out by the current skill level with pistols. So if you have an 8 for your pistols you can only go up to 8 levels. Once that happens it'll stop making circles and you'll want to fire, because you're not gaining anything.

Remember, while you're in a hero action you won't consume your action meter. But if you're not in a hero action pulling out your weapon and those circles start spinning action is being consumed from your meter. So when not in a hero action you probably won't be able to use all of your levels unless you have high speed or acceleration on the weapon equipped. Remember if your action meter is empty and you haven't fired you lose your turn. So be fast when it is getting low. When you're in hero actions it won't matter so just let it charge up so long as you have the distance and you usually will.

Also remember that as you level up your weapons they'll get additional bonuses that have a chance to be called. They won't always call, at least until you get to 100% then certain ones will.

Another note about hero actions. During a hero action you can jump, which might not seem that useful, but there is a lot of reasons to do it. The first and most obvious one is that you're coming up to a wall and you need to clear it so you jump. The second is if you jump near the end of your hero action you can artificially extend your time because the character has to complete the jump. So if you're on flat ground and don't need the air hold off on until then end. Near end game up you pull off two 50+s in a hero actions doing that. Another reason to jump is that it gives you a better aim on the enemy. If you have a fully charged submachine and are over top an enemy firing it will probably hit every single armor location as well as their own body. Which means you just done massive damage. Also when using pistols and you have the body ready to die, but the armor is in the way jump will get you to that body location to get that very satsifying one shot kill bullet. The next reason to jump is to do a smackdown on an airborne enemy. When you're on the ground you have a chance to lift enemies up, especially with submachines. However if you go into the bonus wheel where it stops everything and you have to get the timing right the chance to then them flying into the air is very high. Once an enemy is in the air you can shot them from above and it will slam them into the ground dealing real damage to all locations of their body. Also it will drop silver and gold chips just like shooting them into the air. Getting them into the air will drops tons and it is the best way to make money in the game and slamming them down will net a good amount as well. So long as they bounce back up from the smackdown you can smackdown them again and again. So you can dribble an enemy a lot during a hero action.

Another thing about hero actions. You will probably notice at some point they'll use blue and flash. When you have your character hero action between your other two characters this will add a hero point to you. Above all of your characters this number is kept track of. Every time you complete this successfully without moving or missing this will keep increasing. However, for every second or whatever the time is that you move a point from the hero points will be taken away. When you miss it in a hero action just cross off all of the points because it is not likely you'll have any remaining at the end. The purpose of the hero points is to do a tri-action. Which is a hero action with all three characters going at the same time and a triangle is draw to their positions. So imagine having three hero actions going at the same time, but it won't consume bezels do to a tri-action. The length of your tri-action is based on how many hero points you have stored up. So with a lot you can go on for a really long time, with a little it'll be very short.

Tri-actions work in that one character will act and then the rest will act afterward. All of their circle charge up at the same time though. So you'll see the circle split into three segments and it keeps track of them all together. When one goes the next will go shortly and you have a brief window where you can decide to act earlier if you want the angle you have. After the shooting finishes it starts cycling again until you're out of points.

Don't forget about your weapons equipment. You can do a lot of modifications to them to get more speed and accuracy out of them. The circle speed and accelerate are affected here. The speed is the overall how quickly the circle completes and the acceleration is have quickly it speeds up as you finish. Because with each level of a circle completed it will get faster. When the circle is starting acceleration won't matter, but the speed will. So you want to be fast on the speed so you get the first circle completed. Once the first one is completed it'll keep getting faster and faster and the acceleration really starts kicking in.

The way you level up your weapon skill is by doing damage with it. If it is a submachine it will be your scratch damage. For Pistols and grenades it will be based on actual damage. I don't know if damage converts exactly into exp, but it is simply to say that if you deal a lot of damage you'll get a ton of exp. 1000 damage is like 1000 exp, it is probably not that exact, but it is pretty close. I think level of the monster impacts it a little as well.

Your own character level is a sum of all three weapon skills. So you will start as lv 3 and can be lv 300. Your health will increase when you level up, so that means when your weapon skill level. So a way to get an early jump on extra health to survive is grind away on the areas you are lacking. So if you have 20 pistols and 20 submachine, but only 5 grenade. So in with grenades, it'll be faster to get grenades from 5 to 20 than it will be to get 20 to 22.

Grenades end up be a little bit of a wild card. You will eventually have a massive selection of grenades and they will all have different affects that they do will do monsters. One of the best ones are the ones that stun, because you can get an automatic stun on bosses. This will be very important to use on strong bosses that you can't take down. When you are fighting in the ice or wooden monsters malotofs are your best friend as they will deal continuous scratch damage ignoring armoring. Poison is even worse because it eats away at both meters. So it is really bad news for yourself. Freeze will just freeze an enemy, I don't think it makes them weak or easier to damage. Lightning will make it difficult to increase your circle, so you will likely only ever get one or two levels before you're out of time. Also be aware of containers on the field. They can provide the same effects if you blow them up near enemies or yourself.

Also remember that all interactable things in the field has health, meaning it has scratch health and real health. So that wall you're shooting through for protection will only last for so long. In a weak fight it will never be something you worry about, in a boss fight expect them to go away if you stay hidden behind them.

Eventually you'll get to use energy stations. They also provide bonuses and effects to the battles, but only on the hexes that are colored. The way they work is that you have to connect a set number of colored hexes to the station. Once that happens the bonus is activated and any time you get into a battle on that colored hex connected to that station you'll gain that bonus. The same goes for dungeons. So if you put a color hex over a dungeon the dungeon will gain that effect. The effects can be less encounters, more exp, better drops, faster regen, double fire damage, etc.

You will only have a few bezels when you start, but you will eventually get more bezels. They will only be quarters, but eventually you will have 15 bezels after one playthrough if you get them all I think. So that is a lot of room for mistakes and tons of hero actions. Once you get a few more bezels it is best to just always do hero actions. They will get you a lot more damage and killing time than anything else. However early one you'll probably end up just consuming them too fast that you can't get anything done. Using one or two will be fine, but it will also mean you lose 2000 HP you could regain if you get killed. So it is a balance thing.

Realizing how long I have been writing this makes me realize how truly complex combat is for the game. However, it is tons and tons of fun once you get it going. I hope this helps you out. If you have something more specific just ask and I'll answer it.

Blog Entries

Wow, that's pretty involved. Thanks for the info, it does help. I think I may hold off on playing too much of this until the semester ends, when I have the free time to really get into it. That's the only thing I don't like about most RPGs, they aren't very easy to just pick up and play if you've only got an hour or two to put into it at a time. They're getting better about it for sure, but still not quite there yet.

~DragonHeart~

Blog Entries

Resonance of Fate does have a suspend option in the menu when you're in combat or a dungeon. I don't know if is available on the field though. It basically is a temp save file allowing you to stop at anytime you want and then just pick it back up later. So there is that option.

If you want some shorter RPGs that can be more easily digested, Atelier Rorona and Trinity Universe are both good for that. I actually complete a chapter of Rorona in about 2 to 3 hours and there are 12 chapters total. So it is really easy to pick up and drop when you need.