Thread: DS remake of Lufia II in the works

Certified tech, come at me! DS remake of Lufia II in the works SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DS remake of Lufia II in the works

I don't know if any of you already know about this or not but its been announced sometime last year that a remake of Taito's, Lufia II, is currently in development for the DS. This game will be in full 3D and the gameplay is revamped to be more action, less rpg. The title has changed as well, its known as Estopolis: The Land cursed by the Gods. A trailer is released for the game and if you're interested in checking it out, here it is.

YouTube - DS Lufia / Estpolis Trailer #01

The game is slated to be released in Japan on February 25th. Theres no Europe or US release dates planned yet.
    Currently Playing:

I don't think it's fair to call that a "remake". Technically it is, but it doesn't fall into the same category of remake as we, or at least I, generally know them. That's a completely new game that just happens to take the same position of Lufia II. I was expecting something completely different when I clicked that link.

I'm not sure I'll like it. I don't like Maxim's new design, and Guy's (I assume that's him) is worse. And going into an Action RPG genre, too. Meh.

Still, I'm interested.

Certified tech, come at me! DS remake of Lufia II in the works SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is it just me or does the new Maxim look similar to Locke?
    Currently Playing:

this looks (and plays) completely different than the original one. to me it seems to be just a remake of the story.

i loved the original though, my first RPG ever