Thread: Dragon's Crown Players

The Quiet One Dragon's Crown Players Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dragon's Crown Players

I picked up Dragon's Crown for the PS3. So I was wanting to see if there are any others out there that picked up the game. I'm almost to unlocking the online MP. I have a couple more areas to get through, but I'd like to do some MP. So let's see if we can't get some people together for this sometime and have some fun.

I'm playing a Sorceress right now, a little more support, but lv 15.

What everyone else playing?
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Boxer of the Galaxy Dragon's Crown Players Rowan's Avatar
    I ordered mine from USA because the release date here isn't until October 17 I believe. Also, if I order it from the USA, that must mean I connect to USA servers, perhaps? Or is the online feature universal?

In either case, I will also be playing a sorceress.

how dare you all judge me!

Blog Entries
    I believe they are all together, I was hearing people saying they were playing with Japanese players as well. So it might not end up mattering.

But I won't judge as I'm playing the Sorceress as well. She's fun to play and it is a nice complex class to figure out.

There has been a lot of discrimination toward to the artistic style of the female characters (none of that toward the male characters), which I hope doesnt hurt the games success. It reminds me of golden axe, which is why this appeals to me. I read though that enemies level up as you do, how true is this? And if so, does this mechanic make it difficult to become more powerful than your enemy?

Blog Entries
    I'm only 15 so I don't know how much I've really noticed the leveling up with you. They are still a decent challenge. I haven't go back to the first dungeon at my level yet. So that would be the most telling.

Yeah, I've been talking people into the game by saying it's like Golden Ax. I'm doing a local MP session at work on Friday to show it off to people. So I'm looking forward to that.

It's already sold 300k in Japan with just one week. So I think the game is going to do well.

The Old Skool Warrior Dragon's Crown Players LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My Amazon just hit level 7 tonight. I'm about halfway to the point where you unlock multiplayer.

Now, I've got it on Vita, and it's terribly unfortunate that the PS3 and PSV versions can't do -local- multiplayer together, but from what I understand, we should be able to do -online- multiplayer together. Andro and I will have to test this pretty soon. In the meantime, I've got a group Vita session scheduled tomorrow around noon so at least I'll get to run through that in a little while. Gotta finish getting to that point first.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I've got to finish getting the online unlocked. It shouldn't take me too long. I've been doing the quests whenever they unlock. So that's why I'm not finished yet. I've also been playing Tales of Xillia. ^^; So you'll need to let me know when you want to try so I know when I need to get the online unlocked by. I don't know if the Vita will play online with the PS3.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I've heard mixed responses on whether they are cross-platform online. And since nobody has unlocked it because someone thought four hours of flying solo was required first, nobody has an actual answer yet!

I'll have the multiplayer unlocked this morning. I'm congregating with my Vita group in a couple hours.

~ Sent from my Galaxy S2 via Tapatalk 4

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's still pretty early. Just let me know when you want to do it, so I have time to plan for it.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar
    Bought it the day before yesterday for Vita. Playing Amazon because dem legs are berserkin'. I think I'm about level 13 or 14?

I wanted to get it for PS3, but the majority of friends seemed to prefer Vita. The game is much better suited to a larger screen, and the slowdown on the Vita ver is pretty noticeable.

Too bad there isn't any console crossplay. :\
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Blog Entries
    Did we get a confirmation on the no crossplay? I don't remember hearing from anyone. I'm up to 16. I played some local multiplayer at work with some people showing it off. I have the whole weekend free as far as I'm aware. I still need to unlock online, but that aside should be okay to hit me up on PSN.

Atlus responds to pricing and lack of cross-play for Dragon

It seems to be the general consensus. Though the fact is buried in reviews, it's been stated on places like IGN. Cross saves are prob supposed to compensate for that somehow.

Don't want to have to buy for PS3, but probably will.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking about getting this one. It looks fun, but its not out until the 11th of October here. And I'll definitely be getting it on PS3 as I don't have a Vita yet.

I want to play as a sorceress... ;~;

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries
    Well, it does come on two platforms that are region-free~

Also, Andro... at some point when I'm done paying off my PS4 order, I'll look into possibly picking up a PS3 copy of Dragon's Crown. Budget won't allow it around the 218934 other games I'm buying and not sinking time into.

(Though I have already dumped 13 hours into DC and I'm level 18 with one talisman!)

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Blog Entries
    Ah, I thought you had a PS3 copy already Loco. I didn't know you were Vita only. So it'll just be Rowan for now? I don't know if he got his copy yet. I beat Xillia yesterday, so I have a little more free time for Dragon's Crown. I'll be working on getting online unlocked. I'll probably have to party with random people online.

Let me know if you do get it Entity, it'd be up as always for playing. The nice I found when I was playing in local multiplayer, that the loot system actually is smart enough to drop items for the level ranges of the player. So even though I was lvl 16 with a bunch of lv 1s, it was dropping lv10+ stuff for me and lv 1-3 stuff for everyone else. It surprised me. So even if I'm higher level we should still be able to enjoy ourselves and you'll be able to get things useful for yourself.

Purchased my copy from the USA last week, cant wait until October to start playing. Maybe we can have a game together sometime, once I've recieved it of course.

Blog Entries
    Why are you waiting until October to play if you bought your copy last week? Even international shipping should get it to you in a week at worst.

Why are you waiting until October to play if you bought your copy last week? Even international shipping should get it to you in a week at worst.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I meant that if I didn't purchase it from the USA, I would have to wait until its Australian release in October to purchase it. I think it comes out here October 17. Anyway, I have reasonably high expectations of the game. Hope it lives up! Have you discoevered and hints or tips that would be great to know if you're playing it for the first time? Any sort of things I should know and keep in mind while playing?

Blog Entries
    They say that there are the built in difficulties for the classes, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Sorceress is supposed to be one of the hardest to play, but I played fine. Remember the L1 and right stick. Click on everything, as you move your cursor around the level you'll see things flash at you. Click those for drops that will add to your score, which adds to a bigger exp bonus. Largely I've found equipment you find to nearly never come out above it's appraised price, at least early on. It might change at higher levels. So if it is not an item you can equip just sell it. Do a lot of the quests, they'll give you extra skill points.

This game is leggiiittt. Unlocked Hard Mode, so I'm trying to get through that. They're having you solo bosses and whatnot... which is a bit easier than I thought it'd be, but getting through the levels is a decent challenge. I think the difficulty scales depending on the number of party members you have.

I envy the people who have the PS3 ver lol. The lag in single player can be seen early on, and gets progressively worse as the enemies on screen become more numerous and the spells get bigger. I can assume online play can only make it worse. It also gets so chaotic that I end up losing track of where my character is... or my weapon, if it goes flying, haha.

Heard a bit ago that when you start receiving other users' characters as NPC party members, the ones that have been hacked (and have levels over 99 as a result, I think) can destroy your save if you choose to resurrect them. Hope that's been fixed, or will be soon.
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

currently level 21 sorceress. Completing quests in an attempt to unlock art and trophies as well as levelling up. Im enjoying the game, Dont really understand how 'enemies level up as you do' at the moment, just seeing random level bosses for each area at the moment.

I don't think they actually level up with you. What I've seen is that as you progress through the game, there will be key points where their levels will jump up. Usually it's something like 6 --> 15 --> 40 --> etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIER #819 View Post
    I don't think they actually level up with you. What I've seen is that as you progress through the game, there will be key points where their levels will jump up. Usually it's something like 6 --> 15 --> 40 --> etc.

In one of the most popular reviews of the game, it was specifically said that enemies scale with your own level. Now that i've played that and found that to be a blatant lie, that in fact enemies actually scale with number of party members and difficulty, I am enjoying the game much more. Im currently level 35 and trying to kill the ancient dragon. Im getting prepared for a blitzkrieg in grinding.

Blog Entries
    I finished my Platinum run on Tales of Xillia. So I'm going to be getting back into Dragon's Crown now. Let me know when you're up for some MP. It shouldn't take too much time to get my online unlocked.

I finished my Platinum run on Tales of Xillia. So I'm going to be getting back into Dragon's Crown now. Let me know when you're up for some MP. It shouldn't take too much time to get my online unlocked.
    MP should be good for completing quests too, as I'd love to unlock all the artwork. Im not sure what the deal will be with timezones, but we'll just see. To everyone involved in this thread, Add me to PSN with a note including your TFF username.

PSN: rowan_heatriser (yes, horrible account name but awesome persona reference!)

Also, what has been your favourite/least favourite boss fight?
    My favourite has been against the kraken, mostly because im fascinated with deep sea monsters.
    My least favourite has been the wraith, mainly because it was annoying.
    Last edited by Rowan; 08-20-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure I've unlocked MP. The gate is random now apparently. And I've go to all nine areas.

I haven't seen all of the bosses yet, but the Gazer was pretty interesting. It was the first one that felt like it gave me some trouble.

Favorite is probably the second boss in the Lost Woods. The reason I like it is pretty apparent, so I won't be spoiling. Also have come to like the Wraith, though in the beginning that thing was a pain in the ass to beat.

The one I like the least... right now it's probably the minotaur. It has a ton of HP, gets a lot stronger, and it drops mobs from the ceiling that become a formidable distraction. If you have a party of CPUs, the difficulty spikes accordingly, and since CPUs don't discriminate with enemies they'll waste time on the orcs and get flattened by the minotaur. Then I'll die because he can stun/2-hit KO/whatever.

This game was definitely made as a multiplayer game. Playing with NPCs seems to put you at a disadvantage. The best party tends to be the simplest: 3 warriors. It's the only one the AI can do above average, haha.

Blog Entries
    I've been playing more and I've made up to lv 20 now. I've confirmed I have MP unlocked. So now we just need to setup some times to play. I'm working on completing quests right now. The doll quest where you have to use the heavy shield to block 3 magic attacks is hard when you have NPC killing everyone before it can happen. ><

I've been playing more and I've made up to lv 20 now. I've confirmed I have MP unlocked. So now we just need to setup some times to play. I'm working on completing quests right now. The doll quest where you have to use the heavy shield to block 3 magic attacks is hard when you have NPC killing everyone before it can happen. ><
    when you go to the tavern , set the party slots to 'not joinable' by pressing triangle (I think). Dont worry about being overwhelmed by enemies, because the fewer people that accompany you on a quest, the lesser the strength of your foes.

Yeah, the not joinable thing will become necessary when you get quests that force you to solo bosses.