Thread: Dragon Quest II (this time its not DQ1!!!)

Certified tech, come at me! Dragon Quest II (this time its not DQ1!!!) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dragon Quest II (this time its not DQ1!!!)

As you know, i've been posting threads about Dragon Quest games (except for DQIX of course), and I was wondering how many of you played the 2nd entry in the series? I played some of it on the snes remake and I've played the NES one some. This was actually my first DQ/DW game before i really got into this series.

If you have played it whats your favorite thing about this title? all i got from it so far is that i like the soundtrack and I like how it implements the party system for the first time.

What do you like to name your main character? recently, when I went to play this game again, I named my hero 'Querty' so when the game starts you are titled Prince Querty hahaha.
    Currently Playing:

I want to play a game. Dragon Quest II (this time its not DQ1!!!) Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Dragon Quest II (this time its not DQ1!!!)

I played this on the Gameboy version that was packaged with Dragon Warrior on the same cartridge. I got the games because I thought it was going to be Dragon Quest Monsters II - I got DQM because it looked like Pokemon. Well suffice to say it was not like DQM but that didn't matter and when I played Dragon Quest I thought it would be DQM, it wasn't but once again I was like sweet I got two games I haven't played.

As for my favorite thing about Dragon Quest II I would say is the expansive world - though that did trouble me at times, so much that I had dreams - or nightmares, depending on how it is viewed - on where to go next. I did like collecting the five seals, the music, and the overall story that was present.

I named my hero: Kou which gave me some pretty good names for my other two characters. The princess of Moonbrook was Mary and the prince of Cannock was John.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries

Re: Dragon Quest II (this time its not DQ1!!!)

I do not remember what I named my main character; played this forever ago. The first one was my first RPG, actually-except for maybe Zelda II, which was the most RPG-esque of the series-so this one had some shoes to fill. And it did it just fine, to my recollection. Had a much more expansive world than the first one, and you got to ride around on a boat in this one, and even go back to the land where the original took place, and go talk to the Dragon Lord's descendant, and he's all like, "GRR!!" I guess those things I mentioned are my favorite aspects of the game... been a while since I've played it, so I can't be too specific, heh. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom