Thread: Dragon Age: Origins on the PS3

Registered User Dragon Age: Origins on the PS3 TobiasRainey's Avatar

Dragon Age: Origins on the PS3

One of my less intelligent friends told me that the PS3 version of Dragon Agerigins was worse than the 360 version. Usually I would ignore an idiot like him but I want to find out from some other people. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by TobiasRainey; 12-18-2009 at 06:00 AM. Reason: misspelling
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...or should I?

Dragon Age: Origins on the PS3 Jin's Avatar
    It depends what you consider worse. It has some frame rate issues that aren't present in the 360 version (as do most third party titles developed for the 360 and then ported to PS3), but whether you'll notice it or not is debatable. Other than that, as far as I know there's no difference.

But forget the PS3 and 360 versions, get the PC version. It's vastly superior.

Until now!

The Quiet One Dragon Age: Origins on the PS3 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I've been through the game twice and haven't really seen any glaring issues that would not also be present on the 360 and PC versions as well. Companies are getting better at keeping the two looking pretty close. And in the end the only differences in most games are usually minor visuals that if you were not putting two version next to each you'd never know that they even existed. So anyone saying that the PS3 or 360 version are worse or better than the other is just probably being a fanboy/fangirl about their console.

Jin probably right though, the PC version is probably better, but only if you have the hardware to reach it. If not the PC version could be worse because the PC wouldn't be able to handle it. Though better or worse its the exact same game. You aren't going to receive a different gaming experience from playing one version over the other unless you consider a keyboard and mouse to a controller a different gaming experience. *shrugs*
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Dragon Age: Origins on the PS3 Jin's Avatar
    Actually, the PC version will give you a different gaming experience. It gives you the ability to zoom out to an overhead view and plan your attacks from that more strategic location, much like the old Baulder's Gate games it's following. It's also more difficult, given this advantage. This changes things quite a bit actually.

Until now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Actually, the PC version will give you a different gaming experience. It gives you the ability to zoom out to an overhead view and plan your attacks from that more strategic location, much like the old Baulder's Gate games it's following. It's also more difficult, given this advantage. This changes things quite a bit actually.
    It also allows you to use mods, doesn't it?

Anyway, your friend's probably just a fanboy, or trying to annoy you. There are few differecnes between the versions, and none as significant enough to make one 'better' than the other.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At Eurogamer, I saw Dragon Age on all the systems, and I noticed that the colours looked far more vibrant on the PS3, and dull on the 360, but everything looked smoother on the PC. But that might have been because it was on a different television/monitor as well, so really... I don't think there is a difference.

As long as you like the game, I guess it doesn't really matter. But yes, the PC version is probably the better version.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Death Before Dishonor Dragon Age: Origins on the PS3 Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have not seen any signifacant difference's in the ps3 and the 360. The color's of the games look a little off, but that is about it. Regardless it is an incredible game, best rpg of the year in my opinion, better than Fallout 3. Thats right I went there...

Can anyone here tell me the systems requiements for the pc version of Dragon Age, I would look myself, but for some reason search engines won't work on my computer.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

The Quiet One Dragon Age: Origins on the PS3 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah I didn't know that they actually physically put in different features for the PC version of the game. That's a little disappointing that they did that to us. But it is a pretty minor point overall. But you are correct that certainly will change your gaming experience. At least the 360 and PS3 versions are the same still though. ^^;
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I have it on PC, to bad my PC isn't that good and my load times take forever (took 7 minutes to load up a dialog scene). The difficulty is pretty hard, on Normal I found myself redoing one brawl multiple times changing up my strat to win the fight, the overhead view is nice to have. Plus I find it easier to click skills on the hotbar in this game since you use a lot of them up.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

if you don't care about the lack of color thing on the 360 i would go with that version if you are planning to get dlc because it seems it will come out sooner on the 360, just my 2 cents
    Titles are merely a means to control those we fear