Thread: Dota (warcraft)

Boxer of the Galaxy Dota (warcraft) Rowan's Avatar

Dota (warcraft)

Who of you plays it? Do you use battle.net? what characters and modes do you prefer playing and who are your best characters? I hate it when people dont play as a team, its a team game and if theres no communication you've lost before you've started. Fantastic game, I cant really put it into a catagory. Theres so much about it that is interesting and keeps replayability incredibly high.

Blog Entries

Re: Dota (warcraft)

I used to play dota many a year ago. I started off back in the heydays of like 2005ish? Back when the game was immensely popular even on the battle.net. I got really good with a couple of friends that I met from Battlecraft (basically the SC1 equivilent of the game). We pubstomped like bosses for awhile, the game got boring, I moved on, we'd all reunion a month later, endless cycle of fun.

UNTIL. I randomly joined a 1v1 "vs a pro" that was randomly on battle.net. He whooped my ass so hard as Viper vs Viper, that I had to get on his level. Long story short, I found out he was on a professional dota team (currently the Pokerstars team), and I eventually became a ringer for them for matches. He also got me downloading garena, which was a big step up from battlenet. He also vouched for me and got me into the CIHL, which was like the place to be and where many pros from every part of the world would play random inhouse games together. I was an embarrassment compared to them and ended up getting kicked out lolol, but it was a learning experience!

I grew tired of dota and moved on to halo, then after halo I got back into League of Legends, which is what I play today.

EDIT: btw it's category is called a MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena; all the dota/hon/lol styled games are in that classification).
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

LOL Dota got terrible 2 years ago.

But then again, I play HoN now. Which is probably just as terrible but at least it requires more skill.

and actually it's Genre is "Action RTS".

I played dota back when it was on Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos, before it was called All Stars. I prefer HoN over dota, until dota 2 comes out.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

fascinating. I started back in 2005 as well. Similar to you, I was also excellent at it. But future version of the game introduced countless balances/fixes/items and added probably around 30 more heroes (estimation) which made the game much more complex and forced players to use new stratagies. I'm probably seen as an average player at best right now, although the people who tend to shit talk get owned the most and like to blame other players. Its really hard to tell where you stand based on your own score and the level of other players.

You play HoN, keeps stats and you know if someone is good.

It's like looking at my stats, people will honestly think I'm not that good. I wasn't, but since I started playing it more and more, I'm getting back into the groove of the game. Just gotta play it and get used to it, but I'm an old Vet of dota.

I still remember when you had to choose your hero with Wisps.........and if you were Scourge? You chose Scourge heroes.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Its a shame, but you would be called a noob now. Thats the worst part. You get these people playing apem picking rikimaru and thinking they are the best dota player ever to grace the internet. Too many rage quitters on battlenet as well. I would use garena but I cant be bothered downloading it. Is it worth it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Its a shame, but you would be called a noob now. Thats the worst part. You get these people playing apem picking rikimaru and thinking they are the best dota player ever to grace the internet. Too many rage quitters on battlenet as well. I would use garena but I cant be bothered downloading it. Is it worth it?
    yeah, you'll find better quality games on there. definitely worth it if you still want to play dota imo.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Just kind of there. Dota (warcraft) Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tried to play it a few times, Got curb stomped to hell.
    Got called a noob, Got kicked for being a noob, Got sour to the whole concept, Never touched it again.

I want to start playing warcraft III again though.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.