View Poll Results: Do you play games or talk about/research games more?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm always playing games; I don't have time to look up upcoming titles.

1 5.56%
  • Been spending my time researching the 2010 lineup so far.

2 11.11%
  • Now that I think about it, I just talk about them more than I play.

5 27.78%
  • I have a good balance of both.

10 55.56%
  • I fap to videogame chicks more than I actually play the games they're in.

0 0%

Thread: Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them?

Che

Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them?

At the moment I find myself talking about them, or looking up info on games that are coming out rather than playing ones that are out. With that being said, Heavy Rain is out soon, then BF:BC2 the week after that, then FFXIII the week after that. Then no *major* titles (that I can remember off the top of my head) until Red Dead Redemption in April (3 weeks after FFXIII, rofl).

So for right now, I've played basically all the games I've really wanted to up until this point. I'm kinda waiting around for March.

The Quiet One Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them?

What?! No Resonance of Fate or Sakura Wars V right after FFXIII, Che? Aww, the last PS2 RPG is coming out in March. ; ;

But I used to probably talk more about games than play them, but that's because I worked at a video game company. We always talked about games at work. And now I probably search or something a little more at times than play, but that's only because I trying to keep myself from endlessly replaying my RPGs to get 100% or something.

I still fanatically play and beat them though, so I'm still gaming pretty hardcore. But it comes in blocks of days. Like this last week I ran through Star Ocean 4 International in about 4 days I think it was. And the week before White Knight in 2 and half days.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Death Before Dishonor Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a pretty good balance going at the moment. I find time to chat about up and coming title's I am pumped about, and time to play games that I love. There are some pretty kick ass games this year I am excited about. Final Fantasy XIII obviously, UFC Undisputed 2010, and Battle Field Bad Company 2. Kind of pissed off at the moment cause EA's MMA was supposed to be released in September, but due to contract dispute's and bullshit it has been pushed back til January of 2011. Another game to look out for this year is Fallout New Vegas.

The other day I spent close to $600 pre-ordering games. These games were UFC 2010, BF:BC2, Fallout New Vegas, Final Fantasy XIII, and EA MMA. I feel it was a good choice seeing as how I will play all of these games nonstop once they come out. Although if they suck I just got f*cked outta alot of cash...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

The Bad Boy of TFF Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them? Block's Avatar

I'm usually in between matches on the Bad Company 2 Beta when I'm looking at videos of SC2 or reading reviews about Heavy Rain. I must say I spend an inordinate amount of time talking about, reading, and playing games. It's my life.

Che

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke View Post
    I have a pretty good balance going at the moment. I find time to chat about up and coming title's I am pumped about, and time to play games that I love. There are some pretty kick ass games this year I am excited about. Final Fantasy XIII obviously, UFC Undisputed 2010, and Battle Field Bad Company 2. Kind of pissed off at the moment cause EA's MMA was supposed to be released in September, but due to contract dispute's and bullshit it has been pushed back til January of 2011. Another game to look out for this year is Fallout New Vegas.

The other day I spent close to $600 pre-ordering games. These games were UFC 2010, BF:BC2, Fallout New Vegas, Final Fantasy XIII, and EA MMA. I feel it was a good choice seeing as how I will play all of these games nonstop once they come out. Although if they suck I just got f*cked outta alot of cash...
    That's only $325 @ 65$ (with tax) each.

黒い翼の天使 Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them? yuki's Avatar

i realy play alot i even may not look 4 new games untill i finish the game iplay
    & i just dont talk about it exapt with my 2 beloved friends brnthsdiscout and the other isnt here lol

Crash Boom Bang Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them? Lily's Avatar

Probably talking about them more recently than actually playing them, it's not even like I don't have the time, I'm just to bone idle half the time, though I am stomping my way through a file of IX at the moment, but Ive not played it for a few days coz I can't be arsed with the card tournament....

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Me I do a lot of both. As RPGs are among my favourite kind of game, half the time I look up newer games, talk on MSN, visit forums and do other things while also getting in some hardcore grinding.

My purchasing method is to look up 'edition' via ebgames and GAME, preorder all the special editions and then grab the games I want without a special edition every other week. I guess I like my memorabilia, though I liked it better back in the early/mid 90s when half my normal editions came with cool freebies from time to time. Still have the figures that came with the old Army Men games on PC.
    victoria aut mors

I would say I'm kinda even, but I guess that's only because I only talk about games with people here and people who I know that play the same games I do, I don't really go around talking about my nerdyness everywhere lol I keep it low key.

I play a lot of games, in fact right now I have too many and I can't decide what I want to finnish first, I flip flop until I get to a point in one of them where it's too good and I don't want to stop and play anything else, till I beat it.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 02-24-2010 at 03:02 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Stream Crosser Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them? Ann's Avatar

I talk more than play. Maybe because I can't found the games that I wish to play, such as FFVII, FFVIII, or Kingdom Hearts.. They're old. I have their consoles, though. But it's very hard to find even a single gameshop which selling them.. So I think eventhough I can't play them, at least I still understand the story and discuss it with my friends

I spend more time waiting for games to come out than i do playing them at the moment haha. And yeah that time waiting is spent talking to people about upcoming games, generally. Most of my friends are into video games, so a conversation about them is always around the corner at any given time haha.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International, is my current timewaster until FFXIII comes out, and then Diablo 3 after that.

Due to limited time and lack of cash flow I tend to talk more about games then actually play them. Hell I just came off a 3 month stent with out even thinking of firing up a gaming consol.

Then again my forum activity goes way down when I am actually playing a game.

And lastly, damn it Che! How could you leave God of War 3 off of that list!?!?!?!
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Registered User Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them?

I don't really have anyone to talk about games to, so I suppose I don't really talk about them too much. About the only place I really talk about them is when I'm on TFF, and even when I'm here, I sometimes have a game running in the background so I can play that while looking around the forums.

Oh yeah, I'll sometimes have the occasional chat with someone about a game I'm excited about getting my hands on, but usually the conversation ends quickly because the people I hang out with and talk to don't play video games.

There's really not much else to do here lately for me besides playing games though, so I've been playing in spurts. I'll play for loooong periods of time at one time, and then I'll quit for a while, then I'll come back to the game I was playing and play for a long time some more.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them? Xanatos's Avatar

I have a lot of playing to catch up with but unfortunately I'm not able to do so right now due to my bussy schedule. So I gues I've been talking more about games than I've actually playing them, shame though because I've bought some great games lately and I'm eager to play them. As for upcoming tittles, the only game I'm loking foward to is Starcraft 2 unless they cancel it again.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Postingway Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them? Maciariello's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    And lastly, damn it Che! How could you leave God of War 3 off of that list!?!?!?!
    I was just about to point out the lack of God of War III. It comes out the week after XIII.
    Frank Jaeger - "A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal."

Cilla vs. Games Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them? Priscilla's Avatar

Lately I've been talking about them a lot more than playing them. A lot of games I want haven't come out yet or I don't have the money at the moment for them. Been talking a lot about games in general because I am trying to ship them all overseas.

I wish I had more time to play them though and by the end of the year. I will probably do more playing than talking

Tsuna Feesh Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them? Fate's Avatar

I play first, and then talk about the games, so I guess I have sort of a balance between the two; though, not at the same time. I prefer playing through a game and finishing it before discussing too much about it to avoid spoilers or such things. When I finish, I can then share knowledge about the game that I picked up like tips, secrets, and things. And I also enjoy finding out about things that I missed after I finish the game, because it gives me more things to do.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Finding this place a little dull... Do you spend more time playing games, or talking about them? xTidus's Avatar

I talk about them alot! but when I play a game, I finish it 100% as i always have done and always will. So, what do I do most doing? Due to school I would say talk about them, bragging how many of a series I have finished, How many I have left to do and how I have done the ones that people can't.

xTidus: "What are you doing?"
    ViviMasterMage: "I'm eating your hair... Why?"
    xTidus: "You have problems..."
    ViviMasterMage: "You smell nice!...I do have problems!"
    Both: *giggles*

Haha, I want to see someone vote the last option.

I voted that I have a solid balance of both. I love playing games that interest me. However, the only way that I know a game will interest me is if I spend a while researching it.

Blog Entries

I alternate a lot, usually I do play games more than I talk about them. I just tend to have periods where I don't do either, then a new game will come out that I'll pick up and play and of course, as soon as I play it I do want to talk about it. Or I'll be in the mood to replay a certain game and I'll do that, then I'll talk about that too. The main issue for me right now is not having a lot of spare cash to devote to my gaming habit, so I haven't been doing either so much lately.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn