Thread: Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time?

Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time?

I'm wondering if anyone feels kinda bad gaming all day. It's not uncommon for me to spend a whloe day, literally gaming, if I'm in that mode and if I know I don't have anything important to do within that day and the next. On the weekends for example, If I don't have to work and I'm too tired to go anywhere I'll game all day long, and I enjoy it but sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my day. I think it just comes from me feeling weird, not having anything else better to do with my time.

Although that doesn't stop me

or if not the "I feel like I'm wasting my day" kinda feeling, it's something along the lines of "omg, I'm gonna mess up my eyesight from staring at the screen for so long" feeling lol

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Lord Deity of Harmony Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? Elyon Seraphim's Avatar

Re: Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time?

You know what? I love gaming all the days, But at times... Even i gets bored of it and wants to do other things, To bad that i never can come up with anything...

Most of the time, If im not playing video games, I watch TV.

P.S: I do't actually care of myself staring at the screen all day. LOL.
    My Reaction of People That Points The Obvious

This is my Daily Day in 2Fort
    My TFF Family:
    Still working on rewamping this, Just give a shout if you wanna join!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    I'm gonna mess up my eyesight from staring at the screen for so long" feeling lol
    Can't say I had that feeling, my eyesight was ****ed up since the day I was born, though I just recently started to wear glasses, weird.

As for felling bad, yea, sometimes I do feel bad for wasting my time on nonsense, never though for playing games as I never could play for long period of time no to mention all day long.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I feel awesome spending a full day gaming these days.
    Between work, shopping/bills/anything in town and social commitments I rarely get the opportunity to game an entire day so when I do the feeling is great.

Never really understood the videogames is a waste of time way of thinking. You could say the same for most hobbies/leisure activities, but they do something really important.
    They keep a guy relaxed so he's ready for the next less than fun work shift.
    victoria aut mors

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? The Dark Crystal's Avatar

^Same here

It's been a long time since I have dedicated a whole day to gaming, but when I used to, I would end it with a guilty conscious. For various reasons, including feeling like a bum, but mostly the same as described in other posts
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? Jin's Avatar

I feel bad when I don't game for long periods of time. I feel like I'm losing my love for it or something. Then a new game usually comes out or I start up an old classic and everything's right as rain again.

Until now!

Bananarama Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It depends on the day. If it's a cold and crappy day, then I don't mind posting up and playing a few hours of games. I can't really stand JUST sitting around all day though, that really bugs the hell out of me.

If it's a nice day, I'll actually feel guilty, if I don't spend some time outside doing SOMETHING, even if it's just laying outside and getting a tan.

I'm an outdoors kinda person, what can I say?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered User Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time?

If I'm enjoying my time when I play games, then I don't feel bad, but if it feels like I'm just doing it to pass time, then yeah I feel a bit guilty. I feel like I'm not imaginative enough (or I'm just plain lazy) to come up with something more constructive to do with my time, so I just fall into what is the norm for me.

Even when I play games all day and feel bad about it, it doesn't bother me nearly as much as when/if I slept the entire day. That's when I really feel guilty.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Death Before Dishonor Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I find myself gaming for prolong periods of time often. My mornings are very busy, but after 12 my day winds down. It is not uncommon for me to spend the remainder of the day gaming.

If it is good weather or my bro's wanna hang then we find soemthing to do. We often go camping, and night fishing. If you haven't gone go, best time to go fishing. I love the outdoors.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I feel epic... Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Gaming is my only way to spend time. The world isn't as fascinating as it used to be, so I gotta make do. I am not ashamed of my obsession. In fact, I am well-known as a gamer at my school and certainly back at the house.

I would read a book or something, but I'm not much for reading. (There are plenty of school days when I doze off from reality and think about getting back at the boss who beat me the night before.)

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Blog Entries

If I'm not busy or something, then I don't feel too bad about vegging out and playing some videojuegos. There are definitely worse things to spend time and money on than videogames.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Certified tech, come at me! Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't feel bad at all really. I have been told by other people to do something else and I really don't like it when they do. I have done other things and I still have done other things besides playing video games. I try to take breaks more often now that I wear contacts.
    Currently Playing:

Che

I can literally play games from the time I wake up until I go to sleep. However, it does make me feel guilty to do that, like I haven't accomplished anything in that day. Usually lowers my self esteem and makes me suck at videogames, so it's a win/win for me to not do that.

For example, if that was confusing:

I can play videogames for 16 hours straight and feel guilty/start to think about it while I'm gaming, which messes up my gaming (usually am playing online multiplayer games).

or

I can not play for that long, and be really good at the game because I don't feel so guilty about playing it.

It affects my performance.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't feel bad about gaming at all. Between college, coursework, chores and the rare occasion when go out with a friend, it's pretty much all I can do to keep myself entertained. Other than web surfing, and hanging out with my family. Also, it's my favourite hobby, and takes you away from the real world for a while, which can sometimes be a well-earned pleasure when things get stressful.

I love the great outdoors, but I live in the middle of the City. There's nothing 'great outdoors' about that, especially when you've paid enough to get some fresh air away from the City.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

forever alone in hell Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? final fantacy_tifa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yea i do cus when im at a friends an i game the hole time when there at school there mom n dad yell y r the dishes done or something like that n i feel bad cus i was gaming instead of working lol

**1 tequila,2 tequila,3 tequila,floor**

time your wasting just your do to better anything have you don't this reading you r why <-- read backwards,

DO NOT HURT MY PET LEMON lemons have feelings to you know !!

Do the elements trust you? Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? bahamuts heir's Avatar

Actually since my sister would not do homework if she could play video games, we both were reduced to 4 hours a week(which is bullshit) and when I do get to it's only an all nighter(like a birthday thing I did with my friends) or on holloween
    so no, but I feel wierd for sitting down for so long
    Last edited by bahamuts heir; 04-26-2010 at 07:59 PM.
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Time to take control... Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? Serah's Avatar

I usually don't play games till about 8pm and I usually only intend on playing them for a couple hours before bed but I get waay carried away and usually look at the clock and its like 5am or something stupid... and then I'm like >_< crap

But if I play games for too long I get a temporary blind spot right in my line of vision and its like really annoying lol >_<
    Wishes aren't enough, prayers either ... I'm making a promise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It depends on the day. If it's a cold and crappy day, then I don't mind posting up and playing a few hours of games. I can't really stand JUST sitting around all day though, that really bugs the hell out of me.

If it's a nice day, I'll actually feel guilty, if I don't spend some time outside doing SOMETHING, even if it's just laying outside and getting a tan.
    That's pretty much the same with me.

#1 Edge & Rydia Fan Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? Confessor's Avatar

I don't feel guilty at all even though my room-mate thinks the games are stupid. She doesn't know what she's missing. I play them because my room-mate goes home every weekend due to the fact she lives an hour from my campus. Me on the other hand I'm like two days from campus, so I have no one to complain at me. I'm even trying to get a club together here at college. We'll see though.

The last time I did that was clear back when my son was really little. Just a few months to be exact. He was a handful and I decided I was taking the day off to do absolutly nothing except game.

I was playing FFXII on a second play through to be exact.

After about 8 hours of game play I decided it was time for a short break. I put down the controller and didn't pick it back up for almost a month. I felt bad because my wife was having to take care of EVERYTHING and I was being a lazy bum.

When I was younger I had no problems wasting away my days and not thinking twice about it. I actually loved to do that and get drunk, maybe vice versa. Growing up sucks heh but the kids and the smexy wife is worth giving up a little bit of gaming. Atleast I still get a few hours in a week.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

A shining blade of holy light. Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? Mythgraven's Avatar

of course not! gaming is 1 of my favorite things to do. if i dont play for very long i pretty much forget wat i just did in the game.

Before I met my (now fiance) I never really minded sitting around playing a game all day on my off days.

But with her around I start to feel like an insensitive prick for ignoring her for a video game, so I try to keep my gaming within a few hours, or not at all when she's around. If it wasn't for her, I'd be raiding 3 nights a week in WoW. For about two months I'd raid anyways with her here, and it started to kinda bug me a bit, so I just gave it up all together.
    Last edited by Sean; 04-28-2010 at 04:11 AM.

Registered User Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? WilsonDean1990's Avatar

i normally get a headache, like the other day i played mw2 with my frineds for about 7 hours straight, had a a really bad headache. When i was younger i woul normally play on Final fantasy games all day when i would come in from school.

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Blog Entries

Not really, mostly because it's not something I do all the time. When I'm in gaming mode I will spend as much time as I can playing, particularly if it's a really good game. However, I usually only get into this mode when I get a new game, which doesn't happen much anymore. After about a week I'll get back to a more decorous pace or as is more usual, I'll stop playing except on my days off until I get the next game.

It's no different from when I get really into a good book or when I spend a lot of time on here. If I don't have anything in particular to do, I don't see why I'd feel bad about it.

I probably have a different perspective though since I'm single, live alone and have no social life. /shrug. That said, when I do have the opportunity to go hang out with someone I don't think twice about putting that controller down. It's something I do when I'm not doing other things, not an excuse for me to not do anything.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Registered User Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? darknesse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dont have any problem gaming all day, but thats partly because of my lonelyness i guess. My friends kinda abandoned me when i left school (i wasnt friends with anyone in my year level, they were all pricks). Since then, there hasnt really been much for me to do apart from that and work.
    ~Blink your eyes just once and see everything in ruin

Embrace the night my friends

Registered User Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? Xtrmn8r_V.13.7.3's Avatar
    In a dark room to prevent glare, Auckland, New Zealnad

I can usually play vidoe games for days on end, depending on how long they take to clock, whether it's a new game or not or simply whether i like it or not.

I don't feel bad when playing video games becuse i like them, and the last time i played a video game for three days was when i was nine. . .I was playing warcraft (The RTS) on ps1 and i accidentally forgot to go to sleep for three days because i was trying my hardest to clock the game. After i stopped playing my eyes were blood red for about a week, and everyone kept asking me if i was stoned at school, lol, good times. . .

I recently (About a/two year(s) ago (That's pretty recent!)) I played TLoZ:TP and that game kept me going for a while, because it took a while to clock and it was fun, i liked both the gameplay, e.g swing wii mote to slash sword and the fishing at the fishing hole. That game's pretty kool.

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of
    Power, the world will know peace.
    ~Jimmy Hendrix~

Thanks to Kilala for my Avataar and Signature

The Bird Of Hermes Do you feel bad gaming for long periods of time? Dancing_Corpse's Avatar

I don't feel bad about playing video games for long periods of time because I don't see why I should. Its my time and if I want to spend it playing video games than I should be able to. Although I do occasionally feel bad when I get slightly more sleep deprived than I usually am (Which is already quite a lot) and than have to go to school and cant concentrate in school (Not that I usually do but its nice to have the option). Video gaming isn't a hobby, it's a way of life and unless you devote all your time to it you wont be able to be successful in it. xD

Depends, if there's a new game out or I haven't anything more pressing to do then no. I enjoyed sitting done and spending my day playing mario galaxy 2 the other day when I got it.
    I only feel a bit bad when I've neglected something else like friends, work, other hobbies in extended time for gaming.

In the past I may have spent the entire day gaming and not given a hoot. I preferred pixels to people ^~. Eh hem... However, now I am more sensitive to such situations... I mean once I started going to Uni, it was amazing I had people who wouldn't leave me alone and made sure I did stuff outside my room xD.

Even before I left, I started to limit myself. One game I was completely addicted to, and well it was bad. But I saw the signs and gave it up... so now when I play a game I play for enjoyment and not for obsessive pointage or anything ^~.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.