Thread: Dead Space 2 isn't scary at all. (spoilers)

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dead Space 2 isn't scary at all. (spoilers) Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Dead Space 2 isn't scary at all. (spoilers)

I was expecting to get scared at almost every corner...
    I was expecting to fear for my life when I play.
    I was expecting to fear fear looking down a hallway...

No, no and no.

The game just isn't scary.

Part one lost all fear aspects after the 5th chapter, but that's WAY longer than this game...

In a survival horror, or for anypart, a game that tries or implies horror, you shouldn't have enough power to easily kill the monsters.

I just think the game tries toooooo hard to impliment fear.

What do you think, is the game scary? Why or why not?

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Dead Space 2 isn't scary at all. (spoilers)

I've not played it very much, I'll be honest. The first one was too damn good, and I don't really like the second one so far. I was expecting something far greater, and I'm a little disappointed. And I'm a bit pissed off about you needing a code to play online - the ****? If you buy pre-owned, you have to purchase the right to play online, which is stupid - my friend paid about retail price for his pre-owned copy, only to take it home to play with his friend and couldn't. >>

You're right about it not being scary. The demo was scarier; it seems they took all the real scary parts, and gave them out as a freebie. Maybe I've not played enough though? We'll see. What I will say is that it'll be much, MUCH scarier on hardcore mode. That's when it turns into a real survival horror game. I played the first game on hardcore on my third run, and despite knowing where everything is, what I had to do, when the aliens come after you, etc, I was in constant fear of running out of health and ammo.

My advice? Take it to hardcore mode, and really shit your pants and fear the shadows in the hallway.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dead Space 2 isn't scary at all. (spoilers) Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Re: Dead Space 2 isn't scary at all. (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    I've not played it very much, I'll be honest. The first one was too damn good, and I don't really like the second one so far. I was expecting something far greater, and I'm a little disappointed. And I'm a bit pissed off about you needing a code to play online - the ****? If you buy pre-owned, you have to purchase the right to play online, which is stupid - my friend paid about retail price for his pre-owned copy, only to take it home to play with his friend and couldn't. >>

You're right about it not being scary. The demo was scarier; it seems they took all the real scary parts, and gave them out as a freebie. Maybe I've not played enough though? We'll see. What I will say is that it'll be much, MUCH scarier on hardcore mode. That's when it turns into a real survival horror game. I played the first game on hardcore on my third run, and despite knowing where everything is, what I had to do, when the aliens come after you, etc, I was in constant fear of running out of health and ammo.

My advice? Take it to hardcore mode, and really shit your pants and fear the shadows in the hallway.
    LOL
    yes, the demo made me jump as much as the entire game did.

Hardcore mode I think will just irritate me, on;y being able to save 3 times and everytime I die, I start from the last save. Unnecessary.

And, well, having less health and ammo is good, but I tried it and one monster brought me to death state, like almost dead.
    And here is the problem with that.
    The fears are scripted, meaning the "scary" moments are the same every playthrough.
    Mix that with too much enemies and hardcore mode will piss me off lol

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...