Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls III

Boxer of the Galaxy Dark Souls III Rowan's Avatar

Dark Souls III

I am loving this. I played and completed bloodbourne, i tried DS2 and didnt like it much, because I found it extremely difficulty, but DSIII i am having much more fun, despite it being difficult. I am also loving the soundtrack. Some of the most terrorfying music I've ever heard in this game. It puts all other 'bad guy' music to shame. It fits perfectly with that feeling of dread you get when facing a boss, knowing that you could be OHKO.

Anyone else playing DSIII?

The Quiet One Dark Souls III Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know, I found Dark Souls 2 to be easier than Dark Souls 1 and definitely easier than Dark Souls 3. It's probably the easiest of all of the Soul type games that they've made. At least for me.

But yes, I'm playing and loving Dark Souls 3 a lot. I've been busy this week so I haven't been on since Sunday. But I'm Soul Level 60 right now up to the Cathedral of the Deep. I've been doing a lot of co-op and having a blast with it. I have to play more of it to know, but Dark Souls 3 is close to Dark Souls 1 right now. It has superior bosses than all but Bloodborne, where I think they tie right now. But Dark Souls 1 has superior level design, right now Dark Souls 3 feels too linear and so I'm waiting to see if that changes. The areas themselves are well built, but still not getting that really tightly built world design yet. Still, the environmental storytelling is still just as top notch as Dark Souls 1. So it's going to be hard to decide where it falls, but it's already superior to Dark Souls 2.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Dark Souls 2 is easy lol.

3 is good, I'm probably about 40% done not really rushing things since im not some pro like Che. It's probably better than Dark Souls 1 and of course it's better than Dark souls 3. It's better than Bloodbourne and probably better than Demon Souls.

Highly reccommended.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Finished it yesterday but will be playing it for a long time as i did Bloodborne. Fantastic game, From software really know how to make games and alot of other studios need to take notes, cause there hasnt been any games in the last decade which have come close to the quality of these games.

I learned there's certain NPC events which need to be triggered at certain times in the game which i completely missed so will aim for them on NG+, missed out on alot of story content this way..

I was playing sword and board for most of my first play through and then switched to Profaned greatsword and
    SPOILER!!:
    Lorians
    greatsword for the last boss fights. My stats were heavy strength and vitality, vigor/endurance also of course.

But since completing the game ive swapped to the Dragonslayer swordspear and am trying to get my head around how to do my stats for a faith build. anybody played a melee/faith build before? I've only ever done strong dex or strength builds or both..

Oh and best collectors edition ever, my only one really since MGS on PSX

Dark Souls III-img_3604-jpg
    Last edited by nix; 04-21-2016 at 11:21 AM.

I've only watched my friend play bits of it n from what Ive seen I like it more than Bloodborne. Some of the stages are so creative n beautiful.

Also the mimics have to be one of THE most annoying enemies Ive seen in any game n Im just a spectator.

Its strange that im find DS3 easier than DS2 then, but perhaps its because im used to the engine, having played bloodbourne? Anyway, im obssesed with the music in this game. Its unreal. Also, the lack of generic music creates a tense atmosphere and only serves to amplify the boss battles when that music kicks in.

I started as a pyromancer to get that young ranged damage, but i respeced later to go heavy on dex as im maining the uchigatana katana (i know, massive edgelord reporting in) but its such an awesome weapon that easy to use, so why not? I see a lot of people using Fume Ultra greatsword, which I have , but I think has since been nerfed.

Im upto yorne the giant and I think ill have an easy time dealing with him (just a feeling) and then I should have done about 80 percent of the bosses I think, ive defeated heaps already. Loving it.

Listen to the evil.

Blog Entries
    The important question is which Dark Souls 2 did you play. The original release or the Scholar of the First Sin edition?

Yeah, I'm working with the Uchigatana and the Crystal Rapier you get from a boss soul. The Uchigatana is my standby, it's easy upgrades so that's why. And I use my Crystal Rapier for when I get invaded since it gets a lot of fast quick attacks that will still deal damage through a shield since it's not all physical. So I usually stun lock people with the Rapier getting more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    The important question is which Dark Souls 2 did you play. The original release or the Scholar of the First Sin edition?

Yeah, I'm working with the Uchigatana and the Crystal Rapier you get from a boss soul. The Uchigatana is my standby, it's easy upgrades so that's why. And I use my Crystal Rapier for when I get invaded since it gets a lot of fast quick attacks that will still deal damage through a shield since it's not all physical. So I usually stun lock people with the Rapier getting more damage.
    Scholar of the first sin. I think maybe that version is harder then? I had a LOT of trouble with it.

The uchigatana is incredible, but hell, where are all the bloody titanite chunks! I might try out that crystal rapier, it looks awesome. I infused my uchigatana with fire, which has been amazing. But its starting to scale off now the stronger the enemies get. So I think I need to upgrade it more and then sharp gem it.

I found DS2 real hard when i played it, i think mainly because it was my first souls game to play so didnt have the basics covered others would be more accustomed to, but now i consider it a cinch.

Heck i found all the bosses easy too in DS3 up until
    SPOILER!!:
    Pontiff Sulyvahn
    then they start to get more tricky.

I'm now in NG+, spent remainder of my mats maxing out the Dragonslayer greataxe before starting journey 2 and its damage is devastating, especially in PVP. I got invaded in the undead village, i met the guy on a short stair well, rolled him and immediately hit the L2 special and it exploded and took away over two thirds of his health nd then he foolishly rolled into a wall and i cracked him over the head easy. Insane damage from it

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    I've only watched my friend play bits of it n from what Ive seen I like it more than Bloodborne. Some of the stages are so creative n beautiful.

Also the mimics have to be one of THE most annoying enemies Ive seen in any game n Im just a spectator.
    Heh, i dont find them annoying in this game, seems most chests i find are mimics so i just hit all chest first to see if they bleed, they dont get to eat me anymore

They were alot worse in DS1+2 as they were pretty rare and almost always killed you in one, i think i only fell for one so far in DS3, the first one

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Scholar of the First Sin is much harder than the original game. They completely re-arranged the monster placement and put harder ones earlier in the game. So that's why you felt it was harder than Dark Souls 3. The original was much easier.

Though before I always said that Demon's Souls was harder than the other games, but it also my first Souls game. After you play one, it is harder to judge how hard the rest are because you've come to learn how they work and it's not as hard for you to clear later games.

You guys need to switch from Uchigatana to a better Katana asap, that scaling on that weapon sucks.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    It's the first katana available in the game, the rest are not available to me yet. The Chaos Blade has A scaling, but it hurts you as well. So the dual wield katana is the next best and that's Grand Archives. I only was using the weapon because it scaled off Dex, which was useful for me anyway for spell speed. I'm going to be switching to finding something that'll become my magic weapon that'll scale on INT, but I haven't picked something yet. I don't want to waste gems.

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Heh, i dont find them annoying in this game, seems most chests i find are mimics so i just hit all chest first to see if they bleed, they dont get to eat me anymore

They were alot worse in DS1+2 as they were pretty rare and almost always killed you in one, i think i only fell for one so far in DS3, the first one
    That's EXACTLY why they're so annoying like throw me a bone already, give me an item OH WAIT its Dark Souls U kno treasure Chests are synonymous with good memories (zelda) bt no gotta look out for teeth n a bigass tongue then being kicked to death by longass chicken legs. Mine as well make everything mimics. Bonfire mimics. Ladder mimics. Item mimics. Spend the whole game whacking everything just to be sure lol

You can tell if it's a Mimic or not by looking at the Chain next to the chest.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

can confirm chaos blade ends up being S rank dex.

I respec'd my character to strength and switched to the Demons Greataxe.

I never looked back. Holy shit. **** dex!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

Git gud
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Git gud
    your ego will be your downfall.

Also when i play, I specifically join covenent to defend players who get invaded by others. Invaders piss me off and the second best satisfaction is being summoned to help defend someone who is being invaded.

Obviously the best is when someone invades you and gets their ass whipped.

your ego will be your downfall.
    You still need to git gud. Dex weapons are fast, Str weapons are slow and easy to dodge.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    can confirm chaos blade ends up being S rank dex.

I respec'd my character to strength and switched to the Demons Greataxe.

I don't play a STR char, but have you tried the Greataxe or Black Knight's Greataxe? Both seem to have much higher damage than your Demon's Greataxe. Not sure if the patch affected this or not, but I know they buffed some 2hs. Would be cool to see you get even more big boy STR damage.

I'm interested in a STR build, because when I beat the game it was as a Sorcerer. I kinda wanna try a Luck build with
    SPOILER!!:
    Anri's sword
    for my next char though, it seems pretty interesting. Or maybe a dual wield pyro build. Or maybe a full-on DEX bow build. I'm pretty sure there's a bow with a weapon skill that pierces shields. Would be really awesome if it worked for pvp.

For anyone coming in here and wondering, Sorc is absolutely awful early-mid game and comparable to chopping off your legs right before an Olympic long-distance running match. But then you totally get new legs towards the end of the race and make up all the distance you lost and come back and nuke things super hard making a few later fights very trivial.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Heh I done a strength build for my first char, they are slow but they can stagger most enemies so in PvE i dont really fear any mobs as i either one hit them or stop them in their tracks and the big ones usually die in 3 hits. I'm currently just messing about with him in journey 2 after killing all bosses again, ive just collected all rings and need to move onto journey 3 to collect the rest for trophy. I was using Lorian's Greatsword for a good bit of journey 1, found out recently you can combine it with Lothric's Holy Sword which was cool, but it doesnt look that amazing, but you get both specials from the two swords on it, which is nice, but not enough to make me give up Dragonslayer Greataxe. I'm sure i could probably get better, but its just so much fun nuking stuff with it and im not arsed hah (although with the damage it does i cant see anything doing more than it)

Mainly cause im playing a sorc on the side now, only done the first boss with him, i got the 1st boss to half health before i realised the sorc spells actually do a good chunk of damage and then i just nuked him down easy, only had half health left and no estus at that point, which was nice

Am I the only one that had trouble fighting nameless king?

also, how do we feel about lances? I got the dragonslayer Lance (I think). Its lightning powered and fkn awesome.

Blog Entries
    As a Sorc, that guy got completely rekt. Can't wait to fight him with a non-magic class. We'll see what happens. I'm using a STR char now, but I just want to log out and make the Luck char. Gotta say, being able to use a 100% block shield and not having to stand and cast 3 sec spells makes this game ez mode for now. Not to mention bosses that require you to hit certain spots (when you can't aim magic reliably) and bosses that have huge magic resist. LOL STR
    Last edited by che; 04-26-2016 at 09:41 PM. Reason: bale--> able

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Am I the only one that had trouble fighting nameless king?

also, how do we feel about lances? I got the dragonslayer Lance (I think). Its lightning powered and fkn awesome.
    It's the hardest boss in the game so yes you're going to have troubles.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Hows everybody getting on in this game?

I platinumed it and ever since ive been struggling to bother keep playing, the pvp isnt fun, im either getting gang banged by 2-3 people or the lag is so bad. So ill prob not play much if at all until expansion.

Bloody great game though

This video is also cool, prob best to only watch it if you've completed the game or dont care about location spoilers, stop motion of the game, mesmerizing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZnBp8slRyI

Blog Entries
    I finished Dark Souls 3 last weekend and moved on. I don't have the time to really get sucked into new game plus as much as I would like to. Between too many other games and other things I needed to do personally I don't have the time. That said, I still lost 70+ hours to the game, so it was a blast and a lot of fun. I don't PvP and I eagerly kill invaders in our co-op'ing sessions for intruding into our attempt to progress. So I don't hang around for the PvP in the game. I only co-op.

I finished Dark Souls 3 last weekend and moved on
    Pretty much my experience too.

Game was great, but its also one of those games that I am "glad its over" in a sense. Just because sometimes the stress can be too much.

They need to fix the PvP bullshit. Pretty much start speed running the game now to have fun with it.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    Fix PvP? What's wrong with it? The only problem I've run into during any of the PvP invasions is lag will fight your hit detection making things that shouldn't hit you hit you. But other than that I haven't seen any problems with it.

Fix PvP? What's wrong with it? The only problem I've run into during any of the PvP invasions is lag will fight your hit detection making things that shouldn't hit you hit you. But other than that I haven't seen any problems with it.
    considering that could be the difference between you living and dying, its a pretty big deal. But I dont like the way its implemented in the first place. I hate when someone invades when im trying to progress, but it is so satisfying to mince them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast