Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dark Souls III

That's something that needs to be fixed lol.

Also Poise isn't even working.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The Quiet One Dark Souls III Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    According to them poise is working the way it's supposed to be. Though I know there are mods that people have made to enable poise for the player.

But is the lag and poise the only things that you feel make PvP broken? I'm not saying your wrong, but since PvP isn't something I focus on I don't know what someone that does PvP for fun would find bad about it. Since to me lag aside it seems fine to me. But I'm not digging into it because it's not my area of interest. So I have a very surface level understanding of what is needed for fun PvP.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

It makes things broken when someone is desyncing in the game, it needs to be fixed. Someone who isn't close enough hitting me constantly and i can't do anything.

I've read Poise is turned off and not actually doing what it's supposed to be doing, at least in PvP.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

The Quiet One Dark Souls III Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah ok, I see the sync issues as a network code issue rather than a PvP design issue, which is what I thought you were meaning when you said it was broken. Because it affects co-op just the same as it does in PvP, there's just different things on the line.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dark Souls III Xanatos's Avatar
    Bit late to the party, as usual, but hey, I'm finally playing Dark Souls 3. I'll reserve my overall judgement once I finish the game, I say that because I'm somewhat disappointed in certain aspects of the game, thus not sure if I can place it above the second one, let alone next to the masterpiece that is the first Dark Souls.

- While I appreciate the homage to previous games for a good part Dark Souls 3 felt way too much like Dark Souls 1, some may take that as a positive, but for all its flaws Dark Souls 2 was its own game. Weapon durability makes its comeback, but it's pointless, unlike Dark Souls 2 where several weapons were a necessity here I never felt the need to carry two or more weapons with me. Inability to upgrade your armor sucks, even more so since I can't find a half decent medium armor so far, I still have Knight armor set, the one I started with. My biggest gripe though, NPC and their dialogue, they barely say anything new, even after major events, the Fire Keeper hasn't said anything new since the start of the game.

- Perhaps I sound overly negative, let me assure you I'm enjoying every minute of Dark Souls 3, it's a fantastic game. It's far more challenging than Dark Souls 2, primarily because the biggest point of this series is at its best. Bosses are phenomenal, diverse, challenging, exciting, and while not as impressive in each battle I'm loving the fact that each boss has a second stage/form. I got my ass handed to me by Aldrich more times than I care to admit. Not the best looking game, but from time to time it blows me away, the first time you enter Irithyll is a sight to behold, one of the most visually appealing places in video games in general. There's not much I can say about the lore at this point even though I'm fairly far in the game, I will say this though, there's so much to miss in this game, especially NPC related quest, things you regret doing (I accidentally killed the friendly giant, I thought he was a random enemy so I swung), which makes me look forward to new game + even more.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Bit late to the party, as usual, but hey, I'm finally playing Dark Souls 3. I'll reserve my overall judgement once I finish the game, I say that because I'm somewhat disappointed in certain aspects of the game, thus not sure if I can place it above the second one, let alone next to the masterpiece that is the first Dark Souls.

- While I appreciate the homage to previous games for a good part Dark Souls 3 felt way too much like Dark Souls 1, some may take that as a positive, but for all its flaws Dark Souls 2 was its own game. Weapon durability makes its comeback, but it's pointless, unlike Dark Souls 2 where several weapons were a necessity here I never felt the need to carry two or more weapons with me. Inability to upgrade your armor sucks, even more so since I can't find a half decent medium armor so far, I still have Knight armor set, the one I started with. My biggest gripe though, NPC and their dialogue, they barely say anything new, even after major events, the Fire Keeper hasn't said anything new since the start of the game.

- Perhaps I sound overly negative, let me assure you I'm enjoying every minute of Dark Souls 3, it's a fantastic game. It's far more challenging than Dark Souls 2, primarily because the biggest point of this series is at its best. Bosses are phenomenal, diverse, challenging, exciting, and while not as impressive in each battle I'm loving the fact that each boss has a second stage/form. I got my ass handed to me by Aldrich more times than I care to admit. Not the best looking game, but from time to time it blows me away, the first time you enter Irithyll is a sight to behold, one of the most visually appealing places in video games in general. There's not much I can say about the lore at this point even though I'm fairly far in the game, I will say this though, there's so much to miss in this game, especially NPC related quest, things you regret doing (I accidentally killed the friendly giant, I thought he was a random enemy so I swung), which makes me look forward to new game + even more.
    There are actually quite alot of npc quest/interactions, i missed most of them on my first play through, so you might wanna read up on them for NG+. I've replayed the game countless times and am currently readying another character for the next expansion, although thats on hold while i devour Zelda.

But eh, call me crazy, but i class the first Dark souls below 2 and 3. The game just didnt do anything for me, i felt the lands were just cramped together and the game went for far too many cheap kills for the sake of making you think the game is hard, while it did make the game alot harder, it made it more annoying than fun. Although i was late to the DS1 party, maybe i was conditioned otherwise?

I still missed so much dialog, some of them are triggered by one thing and then the thing that makes them go away comes up quick as well.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    But eh, call me crazy, but i class the first Dark souls below 2 and 3. The game just didnt do anything for me, i felt the lands were just cramped together and the game went for far too many cheap kills for the sake of making you think the game is hard, while it did make the game alot harder, it made it more annoying than fun. Although i was late to the DS1 party, maybe i was conditioned otherwise?
    To me, personally, its world was perhaps its best aspect. It's beautiful, well designed, and connected in a way that made sense, most of which I can't say for later games, especially DS3 where it feels more like I'm going through random levels connected in a linear fashion. I recall going towards Gravelord Nito, exiting the catacombs and seeing the Ash Lake, not only was it a beautiful view, but the connection astounded me.

Dark Souls 1 can indeed be cheap, though in my opinion rarely, I felt like most deaths, if not all, were my own fault. What made this game have huge impact one me were its lore and to this day unrivaled boss battles. I've spent hours upon hours reading Dark Souls lore, and Ornstein and Smough are still unmatched as the most iconic boss battle. All that being said, I can see why one might prefer other games, especially Dark Souls 2 which in my opinion has arguably the best lore and DLC's in the series.
    Attached Images Attached Images Dark Souls III-dark-souls-1-jpg 
    Last edited by Xanatos; 03-11-2017 at 05:25 AM.

I have finally beaten Dark Souls 3, bit shorter than I expected, granted I did miss some optional stuff. The Soul of Cinder fell down on my first try, I'm not sure if that's testament to my skills or if Soul of Cinder isn't all that hard, I'm leaning more towards the latter seeing as Lothric & Lorian whooped my ass.

Overall, amazing game with some disappointing aspects in my opinion (aspects I touched upon in one of my previous comments), only compared to its predecessors though. Pontiff Sulyvahn, Aldrich, Lothric & Lorian were highlight of the game for me, I have yet to fight The Nameless King, the Dancer however was super disappointing, but that's mostly because I had high expectations seeing her in gameplay trailers. Bosses are in general a huge step up from Dark Souls 2.

I feel like this game has more secrets than both previous games combined so I'm looking forward to the New Game +, although that will have to wait for now.

Its strange, on my first play through i blew through alot of bosses with ease, and a few gave me trouble. Then i did a play through another time with a different build, and alot of the bosses i found easy were extremely harder and the hard ones were alot easier. Crazy stuff

If you one shotted cinder without a summon, cudo's to you, im gonna take a guess and say you done a powerful ranged magic build? As one shotting meleeing him would have taken alot of time/patience O_O

The nameless king for me was the hardest of the pre DLC bosses, although depending on your build, he might be a push over..

Even though Soul of Cinder imitates Gwyn in his second phase I found out that, unlike my fight with Gwyn, I can soak in most if not all of his attacks with my shield due to fairly decent amount of stamina, there were a lot more opportunities to heal myself even though Soul of Cinder was aggressive enough, mostly thanks to the size of the arena. As for my build, Knight at level 100, Vigor, Endurance, Strength, and Dexterity at level 28, maxed out Bastard Sword & Dragon Crest Shield, wearing Wolf Knight set. I was surprised I managed to kill him at my first attempt, even Nashandra took more tries and she was super easy.

Honest to God I didn't even know there was a summon sign, not that it would matter. I rarely use summon signs, Pontiff Sulyvahn, Lothric & Lorian being the exceptions in Dark Souls 3, the latter still whooping my ass. Fun fact, I've gone through 70% of first Dark Souls til I learned you could summon, would have saved a lot of headache.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 03-18-2017 at 04:10 PM.

It took me well over 20 attempts to defeat The Nameless King, due to camera issues the first phase was far more difficult than it already is, seriously though, camera was all over the place, more often than not I didn't even see his attacks, luckily his dragon takes massive amount of damage and is easily dealt with halfway through once you stun him. The second phase however is a fair fight, it's only difficult if you're bad at rolling, which unfortunately I am.

It's one of the better boss battles, not quite on the same level as Ornstein & Smough, Gwyn (didn't know you could parry this f**ker), Fume Knight... because his first phase left a bad taste in my mouth.

Who's getting the new DLC? While we're at it, is Ashes of Ariandel any good?

Yeah Ashes is great, short but sweet. It has possibly thee best Souls boss ever. I'm currently playing through TRC, one boss down, its like every mob in this DLC so far is trolling. prob best i didnt play it until 4am >_<

Get the season pass/ticket, cost ya less than buying both seperate.

It took me well over 20 attempts to defeat The Nameless King, due to camera issues the first phase was far more difficult than it already is, seriously though, camera was all over the place, more often than not I didn't even see his attacks, luckily his dragon takes massive amount of damage and is easily dealt with halfway through once you stun him.
    Are you using the Lock on ability? Cause that shit is horrible for that boss.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Are you using the Lock on ability? Cause that shit is horrible for that boss.
    Yup, it also constantly switches between The Nameless King and his dragon which is annoying, turning it off helps a bit, the only redeeming quality of lock on in this battle is that it makes dodging his lightning throw super easy.

Yeah I never use that shit at all lol.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

"Because f**k you" is the official title I bestow upon Sister Friede's boss battle. I'll go in a bit of rant here, what I'm about to say though only goes for if you went in expecting to solo this boss.

First things first, I was genuinely surprised by Friede's third phase, but not discouraged, it's unprecedented, exciting, and I'm not the one to shy away from challenge. The thing is, after going through all three Dark Souls games and experiencing cheap and nonsensical foes & deaths God knows how many times, I genuinely believe Sister Friede is by far the cheapest boss battle ever. Let me explain my overall experience...

1. Her first phase, one of her attacks to be more precise is pure and utter bullshit. She disappears, jumps behind you, and if you don't see where she jumped right away you're more often than not f**ked. She can also do this, rarely mind you, without actually disappearing which is even worse because not only is there no indication but you are expecting to easily block her attack with your shield and this one simply ignores your shield.

2. I found her second phase to be surprisingly... dare I say easy. The only tricky thing is to keep an eye on both Friede and Father Ariandel.

3. Her third phase however is where I lost it. After dozen and dozen attempts I still could not figure out this boss. She is extremely unpredictable, and not in a good way. Way too fast for what is overall a slow game. At rare occasions when I finally had opportunity to hit her she would pull me with her scythe, it's so goddamn random and fast that you don't have time to react. There's no rhyme or reason to her up to the point where you heal if she allows you heal.

I was fed up with Friede, summoned Gale, beat the ever living shit out of her.

This is one of the few bosses where I got no satisfaction whatsoever after defeating her. Even at worst whenever I failed in Dark Souls I knew it was me, my lack of skill, not this time though. The only thing I got out of this battle, and after watching quite a few youtube videos as well, is that I had to be lucky. Either that or cheese her with ranged attacks. I do appreciate luck, but not to this extent.

To sumirize my rant: GIT GUD!

"Because f**k you" is the official title I bestow upon Sister Friede's boss battle. I'll go in a bit of rant here, what I'm about to say though only goes for if you went in expecting to solo this boss.

First things first, I was genuinely surprised by Friede's third phase, but not discouraged, it's unprecedented, exciting, and I'm not the one to shy away from challenge. The thing is, after going through all three Dark Souls games and experiencing cheap and nonsensical foes & deaths God knows how many times, I genuinely believe Sister Friede is by far the cheapest boss battle ever. Let me explain my overall experience...

1. Her first phase, one of her attacks to be more precise is pure and utter bullshit. She disappears, jumps behind you, and if you don't see where she jumped right away you're more often than not f**ked. She can also do this, rarely mind you, without actually disappearing which is even worse because not only is there no indication but you are expecting to easily block her attack with your shield and this one simply ignores your shield.

2. I found her second phase to be surprisingly... dare I say easy. The only tricky thing is to keep an eye on both Friede and Father Ariandel.

3. Her third phase however is where I lost it. After dozen and dozen attempts I still could not figure out this boss. She is extremely unpredictable, and not in a good way. Way too fast for what is overall a slow game. At rare occasions when I finally had opportunity to hit her she would pull me with her scythe, it's so goddamn random and fast that you don't have time to react. There's no rhyme or reason to her up to the point where you heal if she allows you heal.

I was fed up with Friede, summoned Gale, beat the ever living shit out of her.

This is one of the few bosses where I got no satisfaction whatsoever after defeating her. Even at worst whenever I failed in Dark Souls I knew it was me, my lack of skill, not this time though. The only thing I got out of this battle, and after watching quite a few youtube videos as well, is that I had to be lucky. Either that or cheese her with ranged attacks. I do appreciate luck, but not to this extent.

To sumirize my rant: GIT GUD!
    Yeah its annoying as each phase is pretty long, so having to go through phase one and two each time just to practice 3rd phase is quite taxing.

I think the optional boss on the latest DLC takes the biscuit for most annoying/hardest boss fight however.. id rather 6 phases in the friede fight than that fight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2