This is probably the best DW game I ever..... ever played next to DW3/3XL.

The story mode now actually follows the book to damn near the lettering (I know, I read it) which is what I've been waiting for all along. For once in videogame history, the deaths of main members will come in wave, after wave, after wave, just no words to express the feeling in those moments when I visually reacted the deaths of some of my favorite characters. Also you are constantly switching characters in story mode to grasp a better example of how each battle took place instead of everyone doing the same thing.

If more games was like this, I'd definitely have a deeper emotional attachment to them.

The gameplay on the other hand, a little weird coming from DW6, but nonetheless, it forces you to listen to those messages that say help this person, because if you don't, they will die, and you will restart the level over and over again. If they tell you to kill someone, you better kill them or your commander will die. This game is a helluva lot more brutal than all of the previous ones, one wrong move and it's lights out.

The AI also seems to be more complicated than ever >.>, with ballista's, catapults, tigers, elephants, there is just more shit they can annihiliate your ass with. Officers also have been beefed up to not be your average pushover, unless you invest in attack + like I did.

Finding Health is like a damn chore so pray to the gods you don't have low health fighting Lu Bu, because you will try to run (which he runs faster) and he will catch you, and he will kill you with the crazy ass special KOEI gave him.

On the Special attack note, geez KOEI you think some of this shit was a little overkill good lord lol.

You have the ability to change and switch weapons mid-battle which is a good addition (since it makes even the most annoying officers awesome to play with). I found this change quite content

There is a conquest mode which I avoided so far until I finish all the story modes, but from the first few levels, it seems cool enough, although free mode would had been nice to keep.

The character design are pretty much even more epic (especially Lu Bu, Sephiroth who?) but that's obviously up to the viewer.

All in all, best DW game to date, I'm loving every second of it.