Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your first video game

The Brave Your first video game

Arrow Your first video game

What was the first video game you have ever played? I remember that my first game was for the NES but I don't know what was it.

Re: Your first video game

Mines an easy one, Super Mario Bros/Duckhunt for NES. It was like when I was 4 and we had an NES (not sure when/how we got it). I didn't even play video games much my cousins did more when they baby-sat me and I just watched. I played that and Excite-bike sometimes. I also owned a Ninja Turtles game and a Roger Rabbit game.

I didn't own another system or game way until right before N64 came out. I bought/inherited my oldest cousins SNES with Super Mario world, Super Mario Kart and some Star Wars game. I hated Star Wars so I traded the game quickly to my brothers friend for Yoshi's Island. Then I played Yoshi's Island endlessly,

Since then I've owned almost all home consoles except Dreamcast and the Xboxs, even virtual boy (ouch!, I wonder why I wear glasses?).
    Last edited by Dan558; 04-11-2011 at 07:00 AM.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Your first video game Xanatos's Avatar

It's either Chips Challenge or Ski Free, both were available on Windows 3.11 back then. Chips Challenge was truly a brain cracker, if you take all beaten levels into account, my age at the time (five, max six years old), I was actually quite good at it, though I highly doubt I could beat some of the levels if I were to play it now. On the side note, the main character kinda reminded me of Bill Gates.

As for Ski Free, to this very day I ****ing despise that bear, yeti, bigfoot, whatever it was...

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

The Lone Dagger Your first video game Xithor's Avatar

My first game ever was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for SNES, man I wish I still had that console and all the games I had on it. Nothing like some good old Mortal Kombat, Donkey Kong, and Super Mario to bring back the childhood memories.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

TFF's Resident Messenger Your first video game Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Like Dan, my first game was Mario Bros./Duckhunt. Dad would get mad that I would get right next to the TV screen to shoot that gray and orange gun. He said, "Where's the challenge in that?"

Registered User Your first video game BDub2277's Avatar

Man a ton of Nintendo games, well i'm gunna represent my console growing up, Sega Genesis,first game was Sonic the Hedgehog, no surprise there

I was 1, and I picked up the NES controller and started to press buttons? I don't know, the game was MegaMan, and I'm pretty sure I didn't get pass the first gap.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

BiiGSeaN
    My first game was super Mario bros on the nes I was 8 years old I'm now 24 now and I still av the computer to this day lol

Just kind of there. Your first video game Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The first game I remember was watching my mom play Dragon Warrior when i was 2.
    Not long after that I started playing Super Mario bros/Duck hunt.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Registered User Your first video game HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually get teary-eyed when I think about it...

My first video game experiance was when I played Final Fantasy 8 on a brand new playstation one. I soon after got Tomb Raider and my own copy of FFVIII, and Jet moto.

Such a great time, I loved seeing this all as new. First experiancing wolfs and bears on Tomb Raider, first unlocking the Hevean and Hell level of Jet moto... Ahh, classic.

I want to play a game. Your first video game Zargabaath's Avatar

I am not entirely sure on what was my first video game. As I try to remember, I recall: Duck Hunt, Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, or Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. I wasn't a gamer back then but my cousins had a NES and a Gameboy. I got the Gameboy and would play a lot of Donkey Kong and SML 2. So I would say it was one of those of 4.

Speaking of old video games anybody remember Batman: The Video Game developed by Sunsoft for the Game Boy? I had such a hard time with that game. I never got that far and never did beat the game.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Your first video game Tallulah's Avatar

There is a picture of me somewhere at about 18 months, and I am sitting at a computer watching computer-generated patterns made by a BBC Micro. Though I think my first game was Snapper, a Pac-Man-esque game, (read: blatant rip-off!) for the same system.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Registered User Your first video game

D'awww~ So neat seeing everyone's early gaming memories. ^^ Mine would be probably Super Mario 3 for the NES. It's the earliest memory of my experience with gaming I have, so I guess that's it. My mom and older brother would play it together, and I would sit back and watch. Eventually, they let me pick up the controller and try my hand at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    I played that game before, but a loooong time after it came out. It was one of the games that my school's computer class had access to when we were finished with our work, and sometimes when we weren't Yeah, to hell with those yeti things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan558 View Post
    I hated Star Wars so I traded the game quickly to my brothers friend for Yoshi's Island. Then I played Yoshi's Island endlessly
    Best trade ever or BEST TRADE EVER? I'm going with the latter. That game deserves ALL CAPS. <3 Yoshi's Island
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User Your first video game Zidane77's Avatar

Mine was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III on NES (actually i had a Famicom or SNES and it worked on it, along with other NES games).

Death Before Dishonor Your first video game Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mine was Contra for the NES. I had several games for my NES. The most played games was Legend of Zelda(I had the sweet gold plated one ), Contra, Mario/Duckhunt, Megaman, ehh can't think ha. But I remember that Contra was the first I ever played.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Your first video game ZantetsukeN's Avatar

The original Sonic for the Master System. I remember getting one for christmas when I was 5, with Sonic built in. It was the most amazing present I ever got for christmas.

My couch pulls out but I don't. Your first video game midgetbob's Avatar

NES: Contra, Excitebike, Mario / Duck Hunt, and there was a racing game on a dirt track where you could build your own tracks and had 3 or 4 different types of vehicles. It's not monster truck rally or offroad racer... but something kinda like those. Can't remember the name.
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha

Registered User Your first video game kupo's Avatar

super mario bros/duckhunt on the nes when i was like...5. my neighbor had it and we use to go over there after school and play til dinner

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

double dragon for nintendo was my first

The British Guy. Your first video game Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 on Sega Megadrive, Quickly followed by a Pokemon on the Gameboy ahh, nostalgia
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

A Plain Old Derp Your first video game Padraic's Avatar

Trying to think back to a time which I cannot remember (I was one or two when I started gaming apparently) I'll go to my first memory of it, which happens to be Double Dragon for the NES. My Granny had it for some reason, and they let my brother and I play it, we had so much fun... I had responsible parents and grandparents, what can I say?

My first was Super Mario All stars for the NES. Played it when I was around 5 or 6. A really fun game back then and will always be one of my favourite Mario games ever.

Banned Your first video game IdiotWithHair's Avatar

My first video game was Pong for the Atari 2600. And all my rowdy friends come over, because I have Pong. It is like the cutting edge of technology or something. Right up there with your Commodore 64 and your Windows Operating System.

I am Ol' Fartsy and I said So! Your first video game Ol' Fartsy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To tell my age abit, I remember playing Pong on the original Atari console. Then after that, it was Pac-Man, Q*bert, stuff like that.
    My lovely Niece: ekimeinna

Follow Me

SPOILER!!:
    Yosemite Winter wonderland

Destiny Lives![/center]

Memento RK Your first video game Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The first game I remember playing was tetris, duckhunt (which came included with Super Mario) on the old old Nintendo console. After that would have been claymates on SNES (way back in 1993-I would have been 4). After that there was one with a unicycle that I absolutely loved. Uniracers I believe it's called. Sometime between there I played Star Fox, Yoshi's Island, Other Super Mario games and things like that. I had a good childhood.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Sir Prize Your first video game Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was probably something like Super Mario Bros. It would have to have been something like that, because I couldn't read back then.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Consistently Average Your first video game Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Blue on the Gameboy Colour. I must have been about five or six when i got it for my birthday. I still have it now and i play it occasionally because i enjoy its simplicity and in some cases its very similar to the newer Pokemon games.Although my Gameboys long since bit the dust due to general negligence and it fell into a puddle.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Balamb Garden Your first video game UK-Lionheart's Avatar

Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis)

___________ Your first video game Kyreaan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alisbet View Post
    What was the first video game you have ever played? I remember that my first game was for the NES but I don't know what was it.
    Hi, Finland. It seems that many people's firsts are Super Mario Bros. (1,2, and 3) and Duckhunt for the first Nintendo system. Those were some of my first, as well as Centipede, Asteroids, and Tron for arcades. There was also the first Mortal Kombat, Donkey Kong, Ninja Gaiden, Tetris, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 2, Sonic + Knuckles, Sonic Pinball, Nemo, Nightmare on Elm Street, Double Dragon, Starfox, first Metroid, first Mega Man series, first few of the Zelda games with all their glitches, first T.Mutant Ninja Turtle arcade game, Street Fighter, Mario for the Super Nintendo, and Kirby- that fat, pink marshmellow thingie on GBA.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotWithHair View Post
    My first video game was Pong for the Atari 2600. And all my rowdy friends come over, because I have Pong. It is like the cutting edge of technology or something. Right up there with your Commodore 64 and your Windows Operating System.
    This was a lie. My first game was actually Donkey Kong Game & Watch thing. Though if we're talking consoles, my first game was actually Ikari Warriors, I think. Either that, or the sequel, which looks a little more familiar. Maybe both. (My bro rented an NES way early in my life.) First console game we owned, of course, was Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast