Thread: Practically Confirmed: Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be revealed on Monday

Practically Confirmed: Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be revealed on Monday

Okay a couple things first. Yes I know there've been a lot of rumors like this for YEARS since MvC2 was released.

Secondly, I know I participated in a recent AFJ here on TFF, I assure you, that was a one time deal and if this IS some kind of late AFJ, I'm not in on it.

What makes this credible? This is a "leak" by the same person who revealed with 100% accuracy Capcom's Super Street Fighter IV ROSTER AND ALL before they officially unveiled it. So, it's looking very possible.

Plus, Capcom's recent positive comments regarding TvC's and MvC2's sales plus they've already got an engine and models they could use from TvC seem a new VS game of ANY kind seem very plausible.

More info here on the story behind the leak:
    Marvel VS Capcom 3 + Super SF4 PC | Team Spooky

Have fun speculating kids

Re: Strong Rumor: Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be revealed in May

I doubt it. Honestly, I just can't believe them making another one. I wish they would but I highly doubt it.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Classic story teller Practically Confirmed: Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be revealed on Monday vann 122's Avatar

maybe it would be good, after all they make good vs. games.
    Don't judge me, just because what I like!

Imperius Rex Practically Confirmed: Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be revealed on Monday Storm's Avatar

Nice. It would be great if they released a 3rd one. With all the improvements of gaming over the last god-knows-how-many-years since 2, there would probably be so many more characters to choose from, and hopefully some more complex moves. Whatever happens, I'm sure hoping its more than a rumour.

It'll be interesting to see if they keep the original 2D-style gameplay or decide to make the battlegrounds more 3D and interactable.
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

Blog Entries

The game was released almost a decade ago, why would it warrant a sequel all of a sudden? Sure it was a hella popular game, and it still had a big following after all of the remakes on the various systems, but I sincerely doubt that MvC3 could be made into a more complete and overall better game than its predecessors. Not only that, but the info on had nothing to do with the actual game, just how some guy trolled a butthurt admin on shoryuken. Not seeing anything convincing here.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

A Plain Old Derp Practically Confirmed: Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be revealed on Monday Padraic's Avatar

If they did this wouldn't Disney have some hand in this because Disney now owns Marvel. It sounds like something Disney would do, so the rumour does seem plausible... But I don't know wether to expect good or bad from it...

I'll make you famous Practically Confirmed: Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be revealed on Monday Rydia Lover's Avatar

doesnt activision own the rights to most marvel characters in Video Games right now? somehow i dont see them just handing them over being the big tyrant that it is.

i would love a MVC3, i really would, most people here know howmuch i love this game. but i just dont see this happening. Capcom doesnt even have the marvel liscense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Padraic View Post
    If they did this wouldn't Disney have some hand in this because Disney now owns Marvel. It sounds like something Disney would do, so the rumour does seem plausible... But I don't know wether to expect good or bad from it...

Capcom made the games.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

A Plain Old Derp Practically Confirmed: Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be revealed on Monday Padraic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Capcom made the games.
    Oh... Well the game should be fine then... I'm so stoopid...

The Lone Dagger Practically Confirmed: Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be revealed on Monday Xithor's Avatar

A third one would be awesome, I'd look forward to what they did with people like Deadpool and Iron Man. I think it's a great idea

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Final Fantasy I-XIII = LOVE! Practically Confirmed: Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be revealed on Monday NeonLotus76's Avatar

I love Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (Arcade/PS2) and I think Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 would be great for the PS3!
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

My Final Fantasy Timeline ~

Final Fantasy (NES)
    Final Fantasy III (Super Nintendo) (My Favorite)
    Final Fantasy VII (PS1) (My Favorite)
    Final Fantasy VIII (PS1)
    Final Fantasy IX (PS1)
    Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
    Final Fantasy X (PS2)
    Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
    Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)

Quote Originally Posted by Rydia Lover View Post
    doesnt activision own the rights to most marvel characters in Video Games right now? somehow i dont see them just handing them over being the big tyrant that it is.

i would love a MVC3, i really would, most people here know howmuch i love this game. but i just dont see this happening. Capcom doesnt even have the marvel liscense.
    From what I've been hearing, there's no one almighty license. Activision does have a license for Action games, THQ has a license for the kiddy games (ie Super Hero Squad), Sega does the Movie Tie ins like Iron Man, and apparently EA had a Fighting Game license (which let them release that Rise of the Imperfects travesty) but has since defaulted back to Marvel and is up in the air.

With all that's been going on with the Disney acquisition, it's hard telling WHAT exactly goes on. But after Capcom doing the impossible and releasing TVC here and how well their rebirth of fighting games have been doing. There was a comment from Marvel Media VP saying a new game was coming sooner than we thought (looking it up, it was almost 2 years ago BEFORE the PSN/XBLA release of MvC2 was announced, this was also before the Disney acquisition) So Marvel's definitely interested.

Again, i hate to get all hyped up because there's been so many false starts and rumors. But I've got a really good gut feeling this could really be it this time.

I just hope to see the series get a fresh start and reboot. It;s sad that I see people thinking that the only legit way to do a sequel would be to take MvC2 and add more characters. It's just not going to happen. 2.5D all the way. I really like the original VS titles MORE than MvC2. I want a return of original locales and a story. And hopefully like TVC, there'll be victory dialog for every possible matchup.

Post needed a bump. Game's everything but confirmed now. Capcom's holding an event in Hawaii right now where they're revealing three new games which is under embargo until Monday.

Adding more fuel to the fire Marvel staff have tweeted that THEY'RE in Hawaii for a special reveal event that THEY say won't be made public until Monday.