Thread: Chrono Trigger(Resurrection)

Chrono Trigger(Resurrection)

I have been replaying Chrono Trigger lately and remembered this project or at least seeing 3D rendered cut scenes of Chrono. Well, I decided to see if maybe it was still in the works and found some very distressing news. Square Enix issued a cease-and-desist letter to Resurrection Games before the release, for trademark and copyright infringement quite a few years ago. Now, while to an extent I understand Square's actions, it leaves me feeling a bit let down as a hardcore, always, and longtime following fan of almost everything that they touch. Because, this was a straight from the heart tribute from their fan base. The ultimate tribute to Trigger, and an already beautiful recreation of Chrono's world. So, this thread is mainly for people to see some of the work that they did on the game and maybe give a few opinions on how you feel on Square's actions. All opinions welcomed.

Happy posting!

YouTube - ‪Chrono Resurrection Playthrough&#x202crlm;
    Last edited by Blackbird VIII; 05-22-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Re: Chrono Trigger(Resurrection)

It's sad that it got C&D but hopefully they will come through with a remake or at least an addition to the franchise. I'm very mixed about Cross, I have yet to finish it but when I do I'll probably form an opinion then. I love the OVA even though its minuscule and contains hardly any of the main char but there heads. I know the DS port did well and the translation was awesome ( Although I did miss the Woolsey touch) I've been hearing about Break/brake being a trademark name so maybe something will come up. They have also released these

Square Enix Releases Chrono Trigger Figures… 15 Years Later | Dark Diamond

So there's some hope

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Chrono Trigger(Resurrection) Xanatos's Avatar

Out of all days this thread had to pop out today, funny, as I've just beaten Chrono Trigger couple of hours ago, I've played it several times before but never really reached the end, until today that is. One of the best RPG's I played so here's hopping they manage to release this project.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

They wont.

Square's attitude towards the Chrono series is odd. Very odd.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games