Thread: Chrono Trigger discussion *warning major spoilers included*

Certified tech, come at me! Chrono Trigger discussion *warning major spoilers included* SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Chrono Trigger discussion *warning major spoilers included*

For those of you who have played and beat Chrono Trigger and know the story. I have a question about a specific part of the story, even though I've been through the game many times. This point really bugs me - When Marle and co. go to rescue Crono on Death Peak using the Chrono Trigger/Time Egg and transport to the time Crono was about to die, couldn't they have planned to rescue Schala too? They were able to get a Doppel Doll for Crono even though he wasn't present, couldn't they have done that for Schala as well? or does the Chrono Trigger only work with one person in mind?
    Currently Playing:

Bananarama Chrono Trigger discussion *warning major spoilers included* Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it would have been too easy and convenient to have two Doppel dolls. Also it makes more sense to be able to save the protagonist and have more mystery and intrigue around Schala. Also wasn't Chrono THE Chrono Trigger?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Certified tech, come at me! Chrono Trigger discussion *warning major spoilers included* SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I read a bunch of different pages on the Chrono Wiki related to the events and from what I learned is that if the Chrono Trigger/Time Egg hatches, the person that needed to be rescued has to be important to the space-time continuum. What I'm trying to figure out now...does the Time Egg only work on those who've died throughout the time periods if it hatched? Now that I have a better idea of Schala's situation, Schala didn't die, she just ended up being missing in action, absorbed by Lavos and the broken mammon machine is with them too.

This is kind of hard to talk about without bringing up the sequel which does touch up on some of the events. I feel like some of the unanswered questions surrounding the events of CT like Magus' search for Schala, The situation surrounding Crono & Marle in The Fall of Guardia, and whatever else wasn't answered in the sequel won't have any clarity until the sequel to Chrono Cross is planned (IF it's planned at all.) Even then, I am not sure the 3rd Chrono game will even reference anything that happened in Trigger.
    Currently Playing:

The 37th Red Spade Chrono Trigger discussion *warning major spoilers included* Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, honestly, I can't answer your question, because I don't quite remember.

It gives me a reason to play through it again though! Haha!

I love Chrono Trigger. Magus is one of my favorite characters in all of gaming.

Chrono Trigger discussion *warning major spoilers included*-dancing_magus_sprite_by_rustedsoda-gif

I should make that my avatar.
    ~Red Mage~~Knight Looking For Sorceress!~~Member Of The Evil Bad Guys~

TFF Family: None yet! PM me if you'd like to join!

TFF RP Status: The Tipsy-Ram Tavern --- Strange Tides (Looking for RPs and Battle-RPs! Rewriting "Council of Mages")

Currently Playing: - Final Fantasy 1 (All Red Mage Run) - Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Clicker Heroes -

I Use TFF Dark!

Bananarama Chrono Trigger discussion *warning major spoilers included* Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is there any news on a sequel? Last I heard was that there was never going to be a sequel, but that was back in 2003.

I'd happily donate to a kickstarter for it, if there was such a thing
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The 37th Red Spade Chrono Trigger discussion *warning major spoilers included* Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There are no plans for any sequel that I'm aware of.

However, there are romhacks of varying quality that you can check out here.

One that's not listed on that page, however, is called Crimson Skies or something like that which I've heard is supposed to be good, but I can't testify to that or any of the others; honestly, it's been a long time since I've played Chrono Trigger, let alone any of its romhacks, haha.

EDIT: Crimson Echoes, it's called; it's so popular, it has it's own Wikipedia page!
    Last edited by Coff9; 04-20-2016 at 06:52 AM.
    ~Red Mage~~Knight Looking For Sorceress!~~Member Of The Evil Bad Guys~

TFF Family: None yet! PM me if you'd like to join!

TFF RP Status: The Tipsy-Ram Tavern --- Strange Tides (Looking for RPs and Battle-RPs! Rewriting "Council of Mages")

Currently Playing: - Final Fantasy 1 (All Red Mage Run) - Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Clicker Heroes -

I Use TFF Dark!